No announcement yet.

Primal journal : Coll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Sabine ... looks like she is slipping into a coma....
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 221.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• I'm really sorry to hear of this. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Big hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
      My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Thanks TW. She seems to be a little better today - less pain at least.

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Well, it seems my journal has had a couple pages eaten by some journal snacking editor? Not sure what that is about? Oh well.

Comment

• I wanted the pic of the adorable squirrel on here so here it is again. We'll see if it gets removed again?

Squirrel.jpg

Comment

• From tomorrow I am going to be tracking my intake and trying to get my macros on target. My supplements arrived yesterday so am getting going on those - I should see an improvement in my energy levels with those added in.

Last week the kids and I did a field trip hike that was almost 4 miles. It was quite a workout for us as it started up high and we trudged all the way down to the river and then had to hike back up to get back to the truck. But I did okay which was pretty exciting for me. My heel is a little grumpy, but not bad.

I have also been digging holes this last week as I have 10 spruce trees that are desperately needing to be planted. The hole digging is a pretty good workout and I am happy to say that I have only had one that had to be abandoned due to crazy hard soil and a LARGE rock. 7 holes so far and another three to go. I also have already planted a slightly larger spruce tree that was in a container. The other holes are all dug, but nothing planted yet. It looks like a very big mole has been pushing up mounds all over our property. And, I may be completely crazy, but there are another 17 trees and shrubs on their way here too!!! I figure that if I can't garden I will plant a bunch of trees and a few little bushes as soon as I can. Then I will just work on making this property as beautiful as I can with what I am allowed to do. There are also a lot of small juniper trees that have been mauled by the deer and I am wanting to help those poor things to get going better.

The previous owner's wife had her ashes buried under a crabapple tree here, but the tree has died from neglect. Our neighbors had mentioned that there was an engraved stone but we had not seen it. The kids found it on the other side of the property? the other day. I think that somebody was messing around here when it was empty. Anyway, now I have to figure out what on earth to do with it??? I was thinking of moving it against one of the ponderosa pines that is in an area where we don't usually walk. I am planning on taking down the dead trees in the next couple of weeks.

It looks like my youngest brother may come to visit us at the end of August!! SO exciting. I have not seen any of my siblings for many years and this particular one for 12 years. My kids don't know any of my siblings and I am really hoping that they all get on. Here is even more motivation to work on getting into better shape. I know it is only a few months away but I would love to have at least improved from where I am right now. I am also turning 50 in a week and really want to be started on a good rhythm when that milestone arrives. I find that now that spring is here and I have the incentive to get out and dig holes for trees that it is really helping me feel better in so many ways. My back is MUCH better after heavy work with the shovel which is rather a nice side effect! I guess something needed exercise.

DH is so busy with work that I know I am going to have to do the planting etc all on my own.... while I miss doing this stuff with him (we have always done this stuff together) I am also kind of pleased to be doing it myself. He works so hard and while I certainly don't laze around - I also don't bring in any income. The least I can do is to make sure that he doesn't have to dig holes for me in the few hours he actually has off. I dug two holes about 3' in diameter this morning and now I am going to go and do a couple more.

Comment

• All the journals (and threads) lost about ten days of input in a recent computer thing.

Fruit and nut trees and bushes? How about grape vines?

Comment

• Bummer! At least it was nothing important on here. Lol Sabine, you're my kind of girl! Actually I am going to put in two apple trees that I grafted a few years back - even though there is a good chance they will never be able to bear fruit. We are at a pretty high altitude and there is not much that will grow up here - also the deer, moose, rabbits and gophers are voracious eaters of all that is planted. (not to mention the bears that can climb everything, oh, and don't forget the raccoons ) Every single thing I plant has to have a hardware cloth cage around the roots and a fence around the tree so that hopefully it can grow large enough that some browsing won't kill it and the gophers can't get to the core roots. I would love to have a grape arbour and a whole orchard but that is going to have to wait for us to find the forever home. Right now I am going to plant the apple trees on the South side of the house where they will at least be protected from the extreme winter wind. There just aren't many spots for trees that are not aspen or spruce or pine. I have lots of places for the tough trees however ...

Comment

• A side note - a couple of months of no menstruating. Can't say I am missing it LOL, and since next week is my 50th I figure I have done pretty well. First time I have ever missed two months and not been pregnant since I was 10 years old! Time to pass the baton to the younger generation

Comment

• Good on you for planting the trees!

I have to say I don't miss periods - enough is enough. Very freeing.
                      My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Originally posted by Coll View Post
                        ... First time I have ever missed two months and not been pregnant since I was 10 years old! ...
                        This comes across a little funny! Just HOW young of a bride were you???!!!

Comment

• ^^What Sabine said.
                          Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
                          CW: 10-11-16: 144
                          GW: 130 a dream, I know
                          Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Lol! Yup, I guess my hubby was a cradle snatcher! Trust you guys to read it that way but definitely not the best sentence construction...
                            Last edited by Coll; 05-19-2015, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Slept really well despite being woken up with a jerk at about 4am by hearing a clang somewhere. Hubby got up and wandered around trying to figure out what it was, my first thought was a bear. Nope, the shower rail fell down! Only saw once it got light this morning

Ate pretty well yesterday but am not quite in my stride. Nut thins for lunch - silly because I am always bloated after eating them. I can only think it is the canola oil Good thing the box is almost finished! We have had snow and fog and cold weather the last couple of days. It snowed almost all day yesterday! Melted pretty fast, but still a little weird with how green it is. Flooding going on and lots more rain/snow in the forecast.

Our poor old dog is deteriorating quickly now. Makes me sad seeing her struggling on the wood flooring - her back legs splay out and she ends up doing the splits or falling over I am looking at picking up a cheap runner to lay across the dining area so she doesn't have to slip all over on her way through. She has worn the front nails of her back foot right down because she drags it on every step. I don't think we have too much longer with the old girl, makes me sad especially since we are going to have put her to sleep when the time comes. Once she can't get around we'll have to take her in and I am rather dreading it!! It seems so weird to 'kill' your own dear pet and yet I know that it is kinder ... I hate this.

I am thrilled to find that the magnesium supplement I bought for DH does not upset my tummy - LOL. I tested it out the last two nights and had no repercussions. I have taken the smallest dose but I am pumped. Any time I tried to supplement with magnesium in the past I had a nasty flush effect. Good news!

Comment

• I am turning 50 on Sunday and decided that it was as good a time as any to start a new journal. It feels like a good milestone to take advantage of...

Comment

Working...
                                X