No announcement yet.

Primal journal : Coll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our pup is better! Yeah - poor thing couldn't understand why she got no food for a whole day but it did the trick and the bland low fibre diet also worked well. Tonight is the last transition meal and then from tomorrow she's back on her normal diet. It has been so cold here that we are having to carry her out to her potty breaks and then back in again. Just too pathetic - melts my heart! This is the old dog that has never been too keen on being picked up and is usually wiggling to get down again. Instead she jumps to get into my arms (not very high - she is an old corgi after all!) and then she just lies like an angel in my arms until I set her down again.

I am so thrilled. DH came home with a ski bib for me!!! I have wanted one for ages and never seem to be able to find one that fits my bulk or they are too expensive. But hubby found one for half price and it fits perfectly. I am like a kid I am so excited. I am all warm and happy inside. It is awful to be excluded from fun activities because you can't find the gear you need to participate. Really rubs in how fat you are. However, now I can play with the family on our mini luge slope in the backyard. It has been just WAY to cold to attempt more than one or two runs in my fleece lined cargo pants. Now I only need to stop when I have had enough - yippee!

Another thing I am excited about. I purchased the book TW was talking about - the Life Changing Magic of tidying up. I feel so excited about this too. I read it through in one day, on my smart phone and have been raving to DH about it. We are both excited to get stuck in and DO it! It is perfect timing - we are not done settling into our new home and there is still stuff that has not been unpacked yet and there is WAY TOO MUCH stuff everywhere. It really feels as though this is giving us tools to deal with the stuff. And I am really looking forward to teaching the kids about it too! I have never been tidy - my space is always messy and this feels like a chance to start over and be done with the stress of mess. Thanks so much for sharing the book The Walrus - such a blessing for us as a family!

Happy New Year to all you special people out there! May this be a year to remember and may it see us all move significantly closer to those goals that have seemed so elusive some times!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 221.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• I am SO happy the book speaks to you as it did to me and I know that following her methods will bring results. And good on the bibs!
      My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
        I am SO happy the book speaks to you as it did to me and I know that following her methods will bring results. And good on the bibs!
        Ditto. And a happy new year.
        Annie Ups the Ante
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Thanks!

What an awesome day! I feel reborn, even though I spent the majority of the day sorting through my clothing in my closet and dresser! I threw out some very old and loved but unwearable clothing and have a large trash bag full of clothing and shoes for the abused women's shelter. My closet and dresser are amazingly organized and tidy! This feels so very different from any tidying I have done before. I find this energizing and inspiring instead of exhausting! What a thrill. I still have various tubs with clothing in that need to be gone through - I'll need DH's help to bring them up from the crawlspace. I am hanging onto the clothing that is a size or two down from where I am - but I am making sure that it is clothing that I like! Such a different way of dealing with it. I also did a quick sort through some of my books and found some that were staying for the wrong reasons. I have a pile that I need to find a home for, I'll see if the local library needs donations. I have an old book I was given as a child by a very loved 'aunt' who has since passed away. I never liked the story, but could never bring myself to get rid of the book because of the inscription in the front of the book. It is a wrench thinking of passing it on because of that - the book itself is not something I want - not sure what to do. I think I may give it away - or even try to sell it. I think it may be worth something - I'll ask a friend who buys and resells books. And even though I feel sad about letting the book go, I know that it doesn't keep my aunt any closer and it doesn't take away any of my memories of our times together.

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Originally posted by Coll View Post
            And even though I feel sad about letting the book go, I know that it doesn't keep my aunt any closer and it doesn't take away any of my memories of our times together.
            This! Sometimes I think we fall prey to magical thinking, and start investing the object with the feelings that go with the memory, almost like a talisman. (Very prone to this, myself.) And one or two talismans are fine for a life, but when you have 437 of them, they turn into deadweights.

Comment

• LOL Sabine! I am rather prone to this myself! My book is one of many that I am looking at!

Comment

• I am the Queen of Magical Thinking. But now I can separate my feelings from these objects and let them go. Such a marvelous, freeing sensation!

Comment

• It really is a freeing sensation! It feels like weights are dropping off me as I go through things and easily find things to discard. So much easier to figure out what to keep and what to let go! I have not yet been able to get all my clothes and go through them at once. I have still not gotten hubby to haul the tubs back up ...

I drove by our old rental a couple of days ago and was surprised to see that it is in the process of being dismantled! The darling landlord was fussing at us because he wanted us out so he could get the next lot of renters in. I am so pleased that the nasty old trailer is being tossed! At least no one else is paying an exorbitant amount for a piece of *&#$ and finding that the landlord will not fix anything and is doing a take over bid on every level. There were many days when I wished I could put a match to the thing! I can't tell you how nice it is to have double pane windows and no drafts. The wind has been howling today but we are as snug as bugs in this lovely house. The trailer used to shudder in the wind and there was always a breeze inside!! I used to joke that we were trying to warm the entire town with our heating system.

We now have curtains in all our bedrooms. It feels good to be private and have pretty curtains up. Now we will wait for more work before we can do more. Work has been very slow for DH and we have had to dip into savings to send to the folks in SA. Oh well, at least we had something to send for this month even if it was the bare minimum.

We had smoked ham steak for dinner. It was made more interesting because the gas grill ran out of gas early on in the process and we had to scramble to move them indoors and fry them in a pan. I had not realized how gigantic the steaks were!! One is more than enough for our family and we'll have leftovers. I had thawed two!! so we will be having ham omelets, ham and eggs etc. with the leftovers. I made gravy - bit of a flop I'm afraid. It tasted nice - but did NOT work with smoked ham! Oops! I will save the gravy and add it to the next stew I make.

We have been waiting with bated breath for the lamb we ordered last spring. The farmer was left in the lurch by the processor so he is scrambling to try and find another processor who will harvest the lambs for him. I can't wait! Lamb is one of my favourite meats and this is grassfed no grain lamb and the farmer is very concerned that the lambs are treated humanely to the very end. He supervises the processors to make sure that the animals are treated with respect through the whole process. In a way it is good that the whole thing has been delayed as we would have been very stretched to pay for it. It is still going to be a stretch, but hopefully DH gets more work now that we are done with the holidays.

I have been keeping in touch with my friend who is terminally ill with cancer through Whatsapp. Such a blessing in some ways and yet so emotionally draining too. She sent me some pics recently and I was horrified. I would never have recognized her - so awful to see the changes and yet I am so proud of her. She is one of those people who is so unselfish and is always concerned for everyone else. So brave ... and I cry like a baby when I see her face now. I am grateful to be a part of this season in her life and to be able to cheer her on and support her. But it is SO painful seeing what she is going through and not being able to do anything! And I wish I could take her sisters' heads and bang them together!! They are so wrapped up in themselves that they are expecting my friend to support them in their selfish little trials (brought on by their own immaturity) instead of being there for her. Some people are unbelievably self centered! I would be too embarrassed to behave the way they are! Oh well ...

I have been getting by with one sweater for a couple of years and I really wanted to get a couple more. I find sweaters such a nice layer in the winter. DH went to the thrift store the other day and found 3 sweaters for me!!! And for MUCH less than the price of one new sweater. One was Eddie Bauer and another was Ralph Lauren and I can't remember the other. However, I don't really care what the labels say as long as they are comfortable and I like them. I feel so rich

Comment

• Wow, how lucky are you to have a DH that shops at thrift stores on your behalf! Impressed. Glad you love your new home.
                    Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
                    CW: 10-11-16: 144
                    GW: 130 a dream, I know
                    Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• PerennialPam I am very blessed with my hubby! He's a really good man with a huge heart!

I am feeling somewhat wiped out after a morning of looking after my friend's little one!!! OMG he is a pill at the moment! He is testing all the boundaries all the time and it is exhausting! I am glad to give him back to mommy when she arrives to pick him up! Poor girl is exhausted too!

I am hoping to go through all my clothes tomorrow. DH is going to help me bring up all the tubs of clothing from the crawlspace. And this mommy is happy that we don't have school tomorrow! I could do with some down time after a rather busy week. So I'll go through all my clothes and then I also hope to get to my computer again and see if I can catch up on some printing I need to do for next weeks school. So much going on in my life at the moment. It feels like I have a whole new beginning going on and I am going to get to learn some skills and unlearn others that have been problems. Time to get some foundational issues squared away and then we'll see what happens from there. Hopeful and excited, and more.

Comment

• Well, I am thinking of starting another journal and abandoning this one. I have been gluten free for just over 3 years now and was sitting at 230 lbs. Sigh. So I am doing the auto-immune 30 day reset that Chris Kresser recommends and I will go from there with trying to figure out what the issues are in this body of mine. I've been on the reset for 10 days and have lost 6.6 lbs already. I am trying to keep my carbs at a good level so that my hair doesn't fall out again - it is at last looking better and I am not going to start over if I can help it! I have cut out all dairy, sweeteners, eggs, nightshades and that is quite restrictive enough thanks very much!!! I feel like I am trying to run a race with one leg! But, I really want to know if any of these foods is a problem for me so I have gotten down to it at last.

Comment

• Glad to see you Coll!

New journals can be very motivating.

Comment

• Hi TW, that was kind of my thought. Start fresh and go from there.

Comment

• I just had to come and say I am so angry and sad at the same time. My friend is dying of cancer and her husband's phone was stolen at the hospital!!! I can't communicate except by sending messages via his sister. WHAT is WRONG with people??!! I cannot conceive of that persons world view and it scares me quite honestly. That someone could be that hard hearted ... these folk are poor and have been struggling so much and it just makes me so mad that they have this on top of everything else. And I am mad because I don't get to support them through this awful time or say goodbye! At least we have been keeping in touch up until a short while ago and I feel that we had the opportunity to reconnect and I was able to encourage them a little. Just so sad right now!

Comment

• Hugs, Coll. Just hugs.

Comment

Working...
                                X