No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just thinking that it might be ok to read if you could take the jacket off of it and stash that away at home - then you'd not have to worry about being embarrassed if anyone saw the book.

Good to know it's not your typical "get skinny" book.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Keep on, Keeping on. You will get there. Financial worries can put stress on even the cheariest of people/strongest of relationships. I spent a year studying recently which forced me to stop working. This put serious demands on my wife who I cant stress enough was an absoute hero!!

There were times I wanted to quit the course to get back to work (I hate not providing for my family - Im happy to work even if it means the girls can go shopping [which they seldom do]), but my wife made me stick it out. I got an A in the course and two jobs because of it.

You have to make time for your exercise, even if its playing with a pet or family member. Toy fight, train hard, try something new.

Richard
      It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

• Yesterday I got in the walking, (some of it near a cute little farm with geese and cows), and water, and plenty of vegetables, although none in an actual BAS format. Missed the shovelglove. Managed to only eat chocolate for the crap portion of my diet. I consider that a step up from cupcakes.

Had an outrageous rush of adrenaline and the shakes during the bill-paying portion of my day. I could feel my body reacting to the stress. Not pleasant. But it is over, and next week we will be caught up on one of the bills that I am fretting over.

I have been thinking about trying cold baths for a little while. I ran one this morning, and discovered that with the pipes running through the sun-warmed Texas ground, the coldest I can get a bath is 78 degrees. Heehee. Guess I'll be making some ice before I try again.

Now I'm off to try and earn some money.

Comment

• Try not to fret too much... like you said. It's over.

Comment

• I can relate to the financial stress - I ended up in a fair pickle through no fault of my own (really!!!) What a relief it was to reduce my living expenses by half in moving to this new home. Now I am on top of things. Good things happened to me and they will happen to you too.
            My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Sending you long distance hugs.

Financial stress can take such a toll. It raises your cortisol levels so high. I have to find the article but there is evidence that elevated cortisol levels directly affect leptin, and all the other hormones and therefore affect the ability to resist overeating etc. I'm sure you already know that. Don't be too hard on yourself. We went through major financial overhaul/deconstruction about 22 months ago. We've lived on one car since then and it wasn't too bad. We're getting a second car this fall and all around have saved up a lot of money.

By the way, my cousin's daughter arrived safely and happily in waxahachie and loves it. She hasn't experienced heat like that but seems too excited about American high school to care.
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d61289-12.html

Comment

• Money stress and now...puppy stress!

Thanks for the kind words, Jenn, Siobhan, and Avocadogirl.

Woo, what a time to arrive in Waxahachie! I think it was up around 110 there the other day. I hope she has a great school year.

Just got inside from barricading the neighbor's fence(the part that leads out to their front yard). The puppy is still squeezing through, and I am afraid he is going to get run over or something. Since they are not doing anything about it, I guess it is up to me. Every bit of spare lumber we have is now pressed up against their chain link fence. I hope it works. I have become expert at lowering him back into his yard through the use of a bucket and rope.

I came inside, and wanted to EAT! Anything and everything. But realized it was just stress, and talked myself into mixing up a new pitcher of electrolyte water instead, and posting my frustrations away, instead of eating them into submission.

Comment

• This might sound crazy and illegal and all kinds of wrong, but can you steal the puppy? Take it to a no-kill shelter or find a new home for it? Those people should not be pet owners.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                    This might sound crazy and illegal and all kinds of wrong, but can you steal the puppy? Take it to a no-kill shelter or find a new home for it? Those people should not be pet owners.
                    I say take it and give it the care it needs.

Comment

• Wow, you really do have a lot on your plate and I say 'jolly good show' on not eating your stress away (like I have been lately!) I too find it very difficult to watch other people being so irresponsible and uncaring with their animals. I can get myself in quite a state over it - hopefully something resolves there soon (or it finds a better home through some kind of act of God )
                      Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                      Primal low: 186 lbs
                      Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                      Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• People who dont care for animals shouldnt have them. I can't imagine mistreating our 2 dogs and cat.

Well done you for getting back on top of everything. The seems to shine a little brighter when you dont have worries like that hanging over your head.

Richard
                        It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

• Hi Sabine, so sorry you have to go through so much stress because of financial issues. I hope things get better soon!
                          My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
                          My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
                          Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
                          Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• Taking a break from journalling

The stress is getting to me, so I'm am cutting back. No journalling for a while, though I will probably still be reading. See y'all later. I'm hoping to see lots of good stuff in your journals.

Comment

• Keep fighting the fight and easing your stresses with great food, exercise and family time.

Richard

Comment

• Best wishes to you, Sabine. You have great instincts and they will send you in the right direction. xxxooo

Comment

Working...
                                X