No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of doing a juicing day tomorrow. No particular reason; I've just had juice on my mind lately. The melon and pepper juice was particularly good last time.

Comment

• Well, my juice day turned out to be one 8 oz glass of kale-melon-cucumber-blueberry juice. Very tasty, but I could feel the sugar buzz trying to happen if I took more that two mouthfuls at a time. It took me almost two hours to drink it!

Planning chili(with toppings) and corn bread for a company dinner tomorrow. I'd like to have a hearty side dish and a dessert to complement it. Any suggestions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
        Planning chili(with toppings) and corn bread for a company dinner tomorrow. I'd like to have a hearty side dish and a dessert to complement it. Any suggestions?
        Herb roasted summer squash with onions. Peach crisp.
        https://instagram.com/dinnerwithek/

Comment

• Mmmm, that sounds good. I have just the recipe for the summer squash, too. Thanks for the inspiration!

Comment

• Making the last of the pickles today. And writing. I am zeroing in on the end of the manuscript.

Comment

• ^ both very productive and creative chores.
              Female 55
              Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
              Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• In spite of the heat, my tomato plants are still setting some fruit. :O And wonders, of wonders, the kohlrabi which I planted as an experiment is bulbing up.

So, I am trying a very gentle exercise routine, to get in enough shape that I can try 'real' exercise. Six yoga poses, held for fifteen seconds each, some push ups, planks, squats and jump rope. Just ten minutes in total, but I break a sweat.

Twining a new rug in Christmas colors- a red border with green center- and the new color change technique is challenging me. there MUST be some way of getting a crisper edge!

Last night's dinner: mustard baked chicken drumsticks, saffron rice, broccoli, and chopped salad. Dessert was a few slices of lox. Yum!

Comment

• yum is right!
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I'm tired of having my left arm darker than my right one from driving, so I have begun wearing a sunsleeve when I am out and about. It is made of some kind of wicking fabric, so my left arm feels cooler than my right.

Chimichurri with grilled chuck steak on Saturday. I had the leftovers for breakfast this morning. Delicious. And that chimichurri always makes me feel like I am super-healthy. It is so intensely green!

In three weeks Littlest will be off at college. I am excited for her, but I sure will miss her. I feel like I will be getting all the bad parts of empty nesting without the good(due to father-in-law living with us now). No doing whatever I please.

Why is coconut 'yogurt' not more widely available!!?!! Maybe it is for the best.

Honey broke another rib while mountain biking. That man. He needs a force field.

Speaking of which, hoping to see the new Star Trek movie soon. And Nerve. Also, Hillary's America. I saw a preview for the last that was so over the top that I laughed through it. Down to the cheesy disaster-movie music. Now I feel I need to see it just to know what's out there. I wonder if there will be a fact-checking page dedicated to it.

Back to work!

Comment

• I never really experienced anything really good when my youngest went off, and we don't have anyone else in the house I have to care for, well except that my Honey is way more work than my kids were by the time they left.

My Honey, is icing his knee, not saying much about why, he is usually icing or heating something. Nothing broken though.

Can't you make coconut yogurt?
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hi Sabine and demuralist, and everyone.
                        Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
                        Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
                        Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
                        Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
                        1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
                        GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
                        CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
                        49 - 5'7.5"
                        Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

Working...
                        X