Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, y'all

I'm glad you are getting something out of the BUT post. When I first applied it to myself, I was really blown away. I think it helped me become more honest. Both with who I am, and who I WANT to be.

Jenn- I only take fish oil and vitamin D. I want to take the D as soon as I get up. In my imagination, it is like going outside into a sunbeam. I take the fish oil at the same time so I won't forget. Luckily, no burping issues. I may really piss off the late sleepers by this next one: since I have started getting ENOUGH sleep, it is no hardship to get up early. Sometimes I even SPRING out of bed. (Course, honey likes it best when I spring BACK into bed.) Since I keep to my bedtime on the weekends (mostly), keeping to my get-up time just comes naturally. For me, getting enough early sleep is the very important second aspect of being primal. I will be happy to bend you ear about it any time.

So, this afternoon I wanted to have another paleo banana-nut muffin with my lunch, b.u.t. I was too full after the protein and fat (and chocolate). So, I didn't. Yay, a b.u.t. that works in the right direction: I value eating for hunger more than I value stuffing my face with yumminess. see, you can use it to give yourself a pat on the back, too.

Comment

• I was going to IF today, B.U.T. my tummy was still upset for taking my vitamins on an empty tummy.
      I could have chosen something better for me than a dark chocolate bar, B.U.T. the cafeteria had already stopped manufacturing garbage (aside from actual garbage that would find a dumpster) and a square of chocolate sounded yummy... sadly, I didn't stop at one square... instead have had 4 thus far and will eat the 5th just to avoid it being lonely.

i wonder which vitamin makes my tummy upset so I can take it with food and start my day with the feel good vitamins.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Calcium without food makes me feel like
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I found the BUT book!!!!! I ordered it from my paperback swap! yay!!!

Oh how I hate taking supplements! I discovered for me they go down alot easier with a little milk. I can tolerate dairy ok...& I probably only drink maybe a 1/4th of a cup to take them. Which reminds me...I need to go take mine!! bleh

I've also been finding that a cup of hot tea in the evening is very satisfying! I've got an order ready to go for Republic of Tea. I forget who it was that recommended them but I loved their catalog! To many to choose from!!! I had a list a mile long & had to shorten it considerably!!
          Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Sort of a strange day. I was very hungry. Not just wanting to eat something, but hungry. Could all my yardwork be catching up with me? I know deMuralist and PrimalCajun will probably laugh at what I consider a lot, but it was a lot for me.

So, I ate. Quite a bit. there was also a poorly timed trip to Target, and the temptation of those chocolate covered macadamias. Luckily, my family scarfed down most of those before I went wild.

Here's how it went:

Up at 5:15
            Vitamins

8:15 1 paleo banana-nut muffin
            butter

12:45 sausage, peppers, onions, sauerkraut
            dark chocolate (5gC)
            2 oz portwine cheese

3:15 2 paleo banana-nut muffins
            butter
            6 slices salami
            8 strawberries
            cream with
            stevia

6:30 rice pasta
            broccoli
            parmesan
            olive oil
            8 chocolate covered macadamias (8gC)

Water: 8 glasses

Bed at 9:00

Is anyone else freaked out by motherofgods experience, in that her entire journal just vanished?!? I feel like I am learning a lot from mine, so I went to the library and started printing it out. But it's NINE sheets for every page of journal. This is going to run into some bucks. And I won't be able to do other people's.

Comment

• Did she contact the Admins on that?
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I believe so, but I don't know all the details, just saw it mentioned briefly in someone else's journal, redirecting readers to her new name, etc.

Comment

• Oh that would be a bummer! I'm not far enough along in my journal that I would really miss out on much if I lost it, but it would certainly be frustrating to have that sense of starting over again.

I think some days we just have hungry days. Quite possibly it's a catch-up thing.... I don't know for sure. But, you ate primally and that's what counts.
                  Primal since March 5, 2012
                  SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I did not contact anybody. Honestly speaking, I was scared to do so. Since I was suddenly hit with that 'you are banned' thing without any reason or notifications, I did not want to shake the bridge. Call me a coward.

Sorry Sabine, for barging in on your journal, but I do always read it. Too shy to comment, actually.
                    Last edited by motherofgods; 04-24-2012, 09:21 AM.
                    Reclaiming my waistline: inch by inch

Comment

• Sorry to hear that motherofgods.. I have over a year invested in my journal. If it ever happened to me I would raise some hell. A couple of weeks ago, I saw that an ADMIN had visited my profile and I got nervous.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• I'm so pleased you said you were here, motherofgods. I shall confess: I look at the number of views I get, and imagine who they are. Some I know, because they comment. But who else, who else? As I read others' journals I wonder, do they know who I am? Or, if I commented, would they scratch their heads in puzzlement? I have another confession about views, which I will keep until it happens, because it is really too silly. But that's me sometimes.

Comment

• Reference post

Someone (can't remember who, now) had a reference post in their journal. A page to jot down things they had learned, or wanted to refer to. They were smart, and put it right on their front page. I'm a slow learner, but now that I am at page 50 (easy to remember), it is time.

Most important thing: it takes time for results to show up. Do not have one good or bad result, and decide you know exactly what caused it. Wait, test again, wait some more. Patience.

Check out iodine sometime when you have a spare weekend to read all the research.

Brazil nuts.

Read over your journal for patterns.

Check out that blue light/evening thing- there's a free download. Think it was on skink's or ecks' journal.

Check out nicco tooth powder at indian markets.

Activated charcoal to bind toxins. Make sure you are 'regular' because once it binds, it will need to get out. Heard about this on nutrition thread- started by k mid-May. Look into it.

I'll be adding more, as I come across things, and once I find the little bits of paper I have been jotting things down on. Yay for the edit key!
                          Last edited by Sabine; 05-15-2012, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Learning

Our pastor gave a sermon once, centered on the idea that you do not 'sin' in your weak areas, rather, you are tempted in areas where you are strong. One of her examples was that it was easier to be tempted to vanity if you are beautiful.

At the time, it got me thinking about how sloppy I am. I began to wonder if inside of myself, I was an organized, neat person. I finally decided I am, and that my outer sloppiness and sloth were a reaction to not perceiving my self correctly and feeling I wasn't 'worthy' to be competent. It is something I am still working on, but I have gotten to the point where I am not afraid to accept that I can be good at things.

Recently, this whole notion combined with some other things.

I was reading journals, and saw that people who were taller and heavier than I was, were fitting into smaller sizes than I can. And that they mentioned how many inches they could grab here and there.

From my teenage years on, I and others have always called me big-boned. It made my weight a little easier to justify. Imagine my shock when I was an adult to measure my wrist- one of the points to check to see if you are small-, medium-, or big-boned (I know, I know, CW, but hey, it is what it is) - and discover that I have a medium frame. And only just barely. I am right on the cusp. I could almost be small-boned.

Small-boned!!!

I'm 5'8" and have a goal weight of 154. I decided on this because the ideal is meant to be 140, with a normal range of 10% on either side. No way could I EVER be ideal, but I could be on the plump side of average, right? 140 became my crazy dream goal. I would be completely satisfied with 154. It was about what I deserved.

Now I am starting to wonder. I have a LOT of fat on my body. Handfuls, not inches. Am I selling myself short? Should I be aiming for 140? Should I be willing to consider lower? Am I brave enough to do either of those? Would it even be wrong for me not to at least consider it? Thank goodness I have plenty of time.

Comment

• I chose an ideal wt range for my height based on an average bodyfat percentage. My Goal range is 160-174 at 5'10". The range seems more doable for me.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Lots of food for thought here! I am intrigued by your pastor's idea, I will ask my pastor is she has ever preached a sermon on that subject. I think she is on to something.

I was a little worried about breaking a rule or something and having my journal deleted, only because that happened to me on another forum, a religious one no less, and it was a silly thing - I didn't realize that you could only join one 'group.' I joined two, a large one and a small one because I thought that would be a nice balance. I got a truly horrible email from one group leader who noticed I was posting in another group, accusing me of being a liar and asking if I was this deceptive in my real life etc. Honestly, I didn't know you could only join one group! And the whole thing smacked of being in the fifth grade and being afraid to talk to someone outside of your cliche. Anyway, this is kind of a long way of saying that I don't want to break any rules and get banned or lose my journal, and that I read a lot of other people's journals and am finding them really, really helpful. So many people are helping me stay on the right track. It takes a village.

I'm afraid to choose an ideal BW or even really think about it. I want to be able to do a pull-up!
                                My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Working...
                                X