Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, Jenn. Hope you are well.

Hi, Pam. Yes, it's a crunchy kind of idea. We really like them. We are building a new bed every season(up to four, now), and have found that the older beds are already paying off in water retention.

The jam turned into candy. Very strange. I have never had this happen. Next time I will go by my instincts, not the recipe.

Audited the books for an organization I belong to yesterday. Now for the final report!

Comment

• It's the end of my Down Day, and I am feeling rather tired. Finished a chapter today, which may be contributary. It's still light outside, but I am seriously considering going to bed.

Comment

• Hope you gave in and hit the sack.
        Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
        CW: 10-11-16: 144
        GW: 130 a dream, I know
        Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• I did. Got a solid 9 hours. And boy, did I need it, 'cause we have some serious plumbing repairs/floor issues happening today. Give me strength!

Breakfast was chicken breast mixed with chopped artichoke hearts and mayo, and homemade coleslaw. Yum.

Comment

• I think I will make that version of chicken 'salad' again. It was really delicious, enough so that I keep thinking about it.

Down Daying today. There are going to be two meals out tomorrow that I am looking forward to. Seeing 'Independence Day' with Honey at a movie eatery, then dinner out with the family at a churrascaria.

My skin seems very smooth lately. I don't know if it is diet or something else, but I am enjoying it.

Set myself a crazy writing goal for the rest of the month, and bought myself a packet of post-its as a spur. I LOVE post-its! Also doing the tedious job of indexing my characters for my concordance. WHAT was I thinking!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
              It's the end of my Down Day, and I am feeling rather tired. Finished a chapter today, which may be contributary. It's still light outside, but I am seriously considering going to bed.
              Living as far north as I do, I can't wait for it to get dark to go to bed - that would be September
              My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• so jealous of your garden, wish I had the sunlight, and your energy
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• September is a little past my bedtime!

The food on Sunday was excellent. For lunch I had ceviche lettuce cups, and a beef patty with avocado, with just a few sweet potato fries. We were eating at the movie, but it was restaurant quality food- very good. And what's not to love about a churrascaria? This one has grilled pineapple too, which was a real treat.

I'm making dolmas for lunch today. My grocery had an excellent sale on ground lamb and I stocked up. I love being able to 'shop' from my freezer, and just pull out the meat I need.

Dinner will be spaghetti(for the family, zoodles for me) and meatballs. I made tomato sauce yesterday, with bounty from the garden, and am eager to taste it. it smelled fantastic! But no tastes, since it was a Down Day.

I'm not getting as much walking in my life as I would like, what with having to watch my father-in-law. Trying to figure out how to work around that without giving up more time with Honey.

Comment

• In traffic for an hour, watching a police funeral procession go by.
                    Tears.

Comment

• My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Comment

• What is going on with the world!?

It is all too much. I am turning my focus inward and close for a while.

Picked five beautiful tomatoes from the garden yesterday, in spite of the heat. The peppers are coming on like gangbusters.

Got a chance to walk two miles this morning and I SEIZED it.

I have not worked on my latest rug in about two weeks, but a quilt is coming along nicely. And writing is getting done.

I love you all. Peace be on your homes, and joy in your hearts.

Comment

• Up until recently the insanity of the world was kind of a faraway thing for me - it was easy to tell myself that these things have always happened, but thanks to the internet and 24 hour news channels we hear about every last bit of horror that once remained untold - but now - these last several disasters have rocked and shattered my fantasy world where things were always improving, even just a little. I can longer conjure up any hope that this world is going to be a better place. I almost called out of work yesterday as I wasn't sure I could get my mind in the right place. I am really glad to have a couple of days to regroup. This recent truck-driving maniac is horrid beyond thinking.

Okay, didn't mean to hijack your journal with bad sh&t, and yes, peace and joy and blessings to all.
                          My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Comment

• Making a huge stir-fry with cabbage, mushrooms, and sausage. My mouth is watering.

Comment

• Yum. What time are we eating?
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• It was delicious!

Comment

Working...
                                X