No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We made it through Littlest's Girl Scout Gold Award project! Whew! She was doing the work, but being the driver/proofreader/worrier takes its toll.

Last night we had rainbow chard from the garden for dinner. I chopped the stems of two stalks and sauteed them in olive oil, added two slices of bacon, chopped, and when the stalks were tender, threw in twelve chopped leaves and some water, letting them steam until they were tender. Then I removed the lid from the pan, and let it cook some more, until almost all the liquid was gone. Added a dash of salt and a capful of balsalmic vinegar. SO GOOD! I'm glad I made a big batch, so that I could have seconds, and finish the leftovers for breakfast this morning. Also starring: ham and scalloped potatoes.

Comment

• Sounds yummy. What a great restorative wonderful food is

Comment

• It was beet greens today. Well, also beets, potatoes, green beans, fried apples, and pork, but it was the beet greens I was swooning over. They make my spirit happy.

Almost gave up on my yoga this morning, when my muscles told me in no uncertain terms that the gardening I've done this week, was MORE than enough exercises. Pushed through to the end anyway.

Littlest is baking a wedding cake for a friend today. She's been at it for fifteen hours. :O

Comment

• Can you send any leftovers down to me, please? greens, fried apples, and pork, is there a more perfect combo?
          Female 55
          Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
          Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Man, sounds like you have a great garden!!!!
            -- Ruth

Comment

• so jealous of the garden.

Wedding cakes take time, that is why they are soo pricey. When I do cakes I usually plan to freeze the cake itself at least overnight because they get moister that way for some reason. Fridge dries them out, but the freezer moistens them, go figure.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                Can you send any leftovers down to me, please? greens, fried apples, and pork, is there a more perfect combo?
                No, there is not!

Comment

• The cake was beautiful, but, boy, what a job. She is caked out.

Rain, rain, rain here. I'm so thankful that our reservoirs are filling up, but I wish there were a dry day or two in between, so the ground could recover. My lawns are more like marshes. Glad my garden beds are raised.

Fell of the wagon with the wedding cake, and am having a hard time dropping grain items from my diet. They are the devil-- the sweet, sweet devil.

Comment

• Amen. When I'm in the groove, I'm in the groove. But, when I deviate, seems like it's really hard to get back on the train.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• doesn't make sense that evolutionarily we have such a hard time eating what is healthy and avoiding what is less than healthy, but that is how it is with me as well, once off the wagon it is hard to get back on.
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hi Sabine. I've been away. Popped in to say hello. I hope all is well.
                        Primal since March 5, 2012
                        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Making SenfGurken(Mustard pickles) today, and jam. The pickles look great, the jam less so. Why won't it thicken!!

Having a good Down Day. It is weird how I love to cook on Down Days.

Comment

• How is the garden doing in the summer heat? I'm guessing your pickles are from your own produce?
                            My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Yes, the pickles are from our own cucumbers. They are still producing. The beans are slowing down, and the tomatoes have stopped setting not that we are hitting 92+ each day. But the fruits that are on the vine are ripening. We have fresh tomatoes every day. Still getting chard and kale(amazingly!), and I am starting new rows of lettuce and radishes every other week. Our first watermelon is about 6 inches long! And the kohlrabi is plumping out. So, going great guns, still, in spite of the heat. I think our hugelkultur beds really help.

The jam turned into ground cherry candy instead of jam. Very strange.

My father-in-law called Honey by his name for the first time yesterday!!!!!

Comment

• Just popping in when I see you have posted. The Hugelkultur Beds caught my eyes. I checked them out. I miss a magazine I used to subscribe to and, has sense ceased to be, called Organic Gardening. This idea reminds me very much of that magazine.
                                Female back to the basics: 5-2017
                                CW: 2017: 150
                                GW: 130 a dream, I know
                                Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X