Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
    Was reminded of this whilst reading Pedidoc's journal, but with the present concern over Felix, didn't feel it was the right place/time to post, so here it is, stuck in mine:

Middlest had her umbilical cord wrapped around her neck when she was born. Plenty of length, though, so it didn't cause her any issues. I was standing to deliver, and as she came out my midwife turned her to 'unwrap' the cord, so my first sight of Middlest was seeing her somersault between my legs.

This made me laugh! Thank you, I needed that.
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Comment

• Feeling down because of family turmoil.

Also, it is raining again. Apparently Hurricane Bill has arms long enough to reach up to Dallas and give us a sopping wet hug.

Comment

• I love pulling on freshly dried jeans and having them be loose.

Comment

• nothing better than freshly dried jeans that are loose! congrats.

My Honey is on his way to Dallas this morning. On his way out he debated on taking a rain jacket. I was like seriously it takes up no space and well Hurricane Bill. the took the saddest excuse he has for a rain jacket, he will end up staying inside for the whole conference I am sure.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yes, he will be getting soaked up here. This morning I was debating buying a REAL rain jacket, instead of just making do. It seems weird.

Comment

• Odds and Ends

A big meat day planned for today.

Breakfast was leftover Korean ground beef and cabbage, and dinner will be out at a steak place. In-between, there is some ground beef and a lamb chop that need to be eaten or frozen today.

For vegetables: mushrooms, beans*, lettuce*, peppers*, half a tomato.

...Just went burrowing in the fridge to check on the vegetable situation and found a chicken thigh with paleo barbeque sauce. I think that lamb chop is going to have to be frozen. There"s no way I can manage five meals today.

No rain today, so I'm going to work in the garden in my scanties to get some sun on my skin. Will put on more clothes before I do the edging in the front yard. It was very windy yesterday, from Hurricane Bill's edges, so I am expecting to have to do some picking up.

Somewhat apprehensive about how we will handle the fasting while my mother-in-law is visiting. She did not like having to eat on her own last time.

The denim rug is sailing along. Hoping to hit the halfway point today.

Still painting the cabinet doors in the guest/sewing room. They are so finicky, and I can always think of something else to do. *hanging head in shame*
                Last edited by Sabine; 06-19-2015, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• are you painting the doors in place or did you take them down?
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• We took them down. I want to make sure I am getting all the crevices. Second coat on, two more to go!

Garden work and yard work down. Sunshine: check! Next up: feed the dogs, eat some protein, and errands.

Comment

• Home from a delicious dinner. Salad, steak, potatoes. Refrained from the bread, creamed spinach, and cheesecake. My stomach is very happy.

Comment

• Fasting today, and planning to get a lot of stuff down around the house, garden, and yard.

One of the more exciting events is picking up the sofa and chaise I found at the thrift store yesterday. A friend with a truck is going to give me a hand. The chaise is upholstered in a red and gold tapestry. The sofa is cream leather. I have already moved out the green chair that was no longer bringing joy, and after I unpack the green storage ottoman, it is leaving, too. With this swap, the color scheme in our livingroom will switch from dark to light.

One of the less exciting things is figuring out how to reload the weedwhacker. I always worry that somehow the cord will uncoil at the speed of light, and whack me in the face. Completely groundless, I'm sure. (99% sure.)

Comment

• One of my co-workers weedwhacked her leg. One of the least pretty sights I have ever seen. Careful!
                          My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• I have landscaped my yard to ensure I do not need to use a weedwacker. Lawn mower and edger and on occasion the blower are the only power tools I need out there.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I always where long pants and sun glasses when weed whacking. That sucker can do some damage and loves to send crap flying at my eyes! The refilling may be a PITA but I'm sure you'll get it right!

Comment

• May I recommend: Touch, by Claire North. A wonderful story.

Here's the cover blurb:

"He tried to take my life. Instead, I took his.

It was a long time ago. I remember it was dark, and I didn't see my killer until it was too late. As I died, my hand touched his. That's when the first switch took place.

Suddenly, I was looking through the eyes of my killer, and I was watching myself die.

Now switching is easy. I can jump from body to body, have any life, be anyone.

Some people touch lives. Others take them. I do both."

Comment

Working...
                                X