No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eek, just reading the dream put a pit in my stomach, unnerving.

love your little 'mini' asides you must still have some sparkling moscato left?

p.s. haha, tried to make mine font smaller but it won't do it?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• No moscato left- I made a friend drink it.

Making carnitas today. Naturally, as soon as they go into the oven, I start jonesing for them to be done NOW! (Having an apple instead.)

On the home stretch of the edits. I may make my deadline!

Comment

• mmm carnitas
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• YEah, carnitas!!!!!!!

Woo hoo on the book edits!
          -- Ruth

Comment

• The edits are...sort of done.

I completed all the things I took notes on: corrections, smoothing, content, research.

Now I am working on length. Somehow, I must cut 35,000 words. My goal is to shorten each chapter by four pages.

It is agony.

Started the Body by You program today, figuring out what my beginning level is for half of the exercises. Embarrassing how little it took to make my thighs shake(especially since I can wall-sit until the cows come home-endurance is NOT the same as strength!). Somewhat surprised that my arms are stronger than I thought. If anything, I was expecting the opposite.

The carnitas were SO GOOD. There is a little bit leftover for lunch tomorrow(fasting today).

Comment

• Thanks to you, today we're having carnitas. I'm first cooking them in the pressure cooker and will finish them off in the oven just before dinner.

What is smoothing? Good luck on the page cuts....that must be painful. Tell us something fun about the heroine?
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Smoothing is my term for when a section is just awkward. So it can cover a range of problems.

The heroine, naturally, is in a horrible situation, and it only gets worse. Something fun about her...hmmm...poor M, up until the beginning of the story she has been in exile in Scotland, not having much fun. How about a contradiction? She's an extremely loyal sister, and yet the first story her sister tells about her, is how M locked two of her sisters in a cupboard for over five hours. Reasons, reasons, that's what makes it interesting to me.

Comment

• You're writing a book about MY SISTER! !?!? What else did she tell you?
                  My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Everything, Walrus, everything!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                      You're writing a book about MY SISTER! !?!? What else did she tell you?
                      I beg to differ. This book is about me. My name starts with M and while I didn't lock any of my sisters in a cupboard, they were all afraid of being caught in my grip. In fact they still all talk about that grip.

All that being said, I am very interested in the reasons and how Sabine found out about mine.

Comment

• Well, this will be quite a book if it is even HALF about my sister. But it was eight hours in the cupboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                          ...I am very interested in the reasons and how Sabine found out about mine.
                          Imagination takes you everywhere, even into The Mind of Marcadav!

Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                          Well, this will be quite a book if it is even HALF about my sister. But it was eight hours in the cupboard.
                          I had no idea cupboards were such a common meme among sisters. Ah, well, there is no originality in life.

Fasting went well yesterday. Planning healthy food for today. Everything that appeals seems to be grilled. My subconscious is telling me it is time to test that rocket stove.

Comment

• Whoa, what happened to the journals? Ten days, gone!

Comment

• They couldn't fix the problems, so they had to go to the backup which was last done May 5. So goodbye pages! But hopefully the forum will work better now.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                                They couldn't fix the problems, so they had to go to the backup which was last done May 5. So goodbye pages! But hopefully the forum will work better now.
                                How do you know these things? Secret walrus skills???
                                Female 55
                                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

Working...
                                X