No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chickens would eat them right up, along with the cabbages. Probably goats too.
    My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Missed my deadline.

Flogging myself.

Writing, writing, writing...

Comment

• I was able to put the last book I read into the 'sell' box without really thinking about it that much. Progress!

Comment

• Rats, hate missing deadlines. In college that would have kept me up till I was done. Now, I have a glass of wine and get back to it.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Pinterest friends will know what project I am contemplating this weekend.

Comment

• I particularly like the nail polish and sharpie ones😉
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Random notes

Yesterday I grated an enormous sweet potato and three zucchinis with which to make fritters. There was leftover shreds, so I am adding them to ground pork and stuffing mushrooms this evening. Fingers crossed.

Also tackled yesterday: three large bins of writing stuff, plus more stacks that I dug out from my closet. I have been dreading this, as I expected a lot of emotions to well up. And they did. Felt very inadequate during most of the procedure, completely forgot about thanking items for their service to me, and almost binged on cookies.

But...

I made it through.

No cookies were eaten.

Stuff was thrown away and recycled. The rest was sorted into manuscript piles, so that when I am up for some more of this, I can work on one manuscript at a time. All the sorted stuff was neatly placed one one and a half shelves. The smaller files were even placed into an attractive basket that brings me joy to look at.

I have been picking cabbage loopers every morning. I am getting to be quite ruthless. And the cabbages are beautiful. Littlest and I are digging the next bed. About halfway done. Honey plans to build the frame this weekend.

My garage is getting very bare. Aside from items on shelves, etc, I would say there is only about ten square feet of stuff that has no home! :O I have been putting miscellaneous tools and hardware on one of the shelves, as I have been Konmari-ing. Soon, I will be able to go through that category.

Now that there is not a bunch of stuff stored under my bed, I am able to keep my Squatty-potty stool under there. It is easy to pull it out when needed, and replace it afterwards. Don't even have to think of it.

Has anyone watched the video of the North Charleston shooting? I would like to see for myself the picking up and moving of the Taser, but really don't want to see someone being shot. Any suggestions for time markers, or a site which has just the relevant portion available, would be appreciated.

Getting back into the habit of walking to the store every couple of days. The weather is so nice right now, it is a positive pleasure.

Comment

• Sabine: The news keeps repeating the entire video, unfortunately. I feel so bad seeing how unfair this was. Angry.
                  Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
                  CW: 10-11-16: 144
                  GW: 130 a dream, I know
                  Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Here you go. It's obviously a bad shooting and cover up. Video: South Carolina Cop Fatally Shoots Fleeing Unarmed Black Man 8 times! (*Warning* Graphic)
                    Female 55
                    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Oh, no, that's not what I want to see. I just want to see the aftermath. I know if I watch the shooting it will play in my mind over and over, and I just don't want to go down that path.

Related: I am feeling more and more that I should get a camera and just tape everything when I am out and about. The thought of how this killing would have (most likely) been called justified, if there had been no tape, sickens me just as much as this man's death. How can we trust the police as an entity, when things like this go on as a regular thing(which I am coming to believe they do)?

Comment

• The language of the guy taping is graphic. The start is him pulling the taser free, but he drops it right there. Then the shooting. After cuffing him, the officer calls for help, and goes back to pick up taser. The officer casually drops it near him while talking to another officer.
                        Female 55

Comment

• Don't watch. None of it will leave you with a good feeling. Though I will say that given he was shot in the back and the distance he was away from the officer when shot, I like to think he would still have been arrested and convicted though it would likely have taken a very long time.

My Honey tells me it is all about poor handgun training. He has had a very thorough training and the bulk of the training was about how to not have to shoot and how to know when to shoot.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• The thing you have to remember is police are people too. Certain types of people are attracted to a profession which is viewed as strong, trusted leaders, and not all of them are good. We have the same problem in the military. Give a person with hidden shameful insecurities, a need for power or control, a must be right attitude, or a lack of empathy a uniform and this is what you get.

It's the same thing that leads to school shootings. We could easily reduce the number and severity by paying attention to other people (and ourselves) and taking away the shame in getting help. In the military we get very frequent briefings on suicide awareness, and every time we're told that there are a lot of signs friends and coworkers usually pick up on. It doesn't take a psychiatrist to tell that most people with issues have them, but it's not socially acceptable and costly to act on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Right on target RR. Being a LEO family, things like this stimulate a lot of discussions on what should have happened. DH uses the situations as training for sons 1 & 4.

In this case he had a previous complaint of excessive force involving an AA man. That should be the red flag to explore and retrain.
                              Female 55

Comment

• The book is done!

The editing begins.

Comment

Working...
                                X