No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badgergirl- I saw it yesterday and loved it. It made me smile, too. Especially that it caused you to think of me.

Taxes done!

FAFSA done! (Although not without some frustration.)

Crazy weekend of much fun with friends done! Too much eating went along with that, but I managed to stay within the 'good food' boundaries. Volume...well, let's not talk about THAT.

Two more friends turned on to Tidying Magic.

Passed on several hand-knit items which have served their purpose in my life.

Scrubbed my kitchen cabinets this morning, just because I wanted to! I think tidying/decluttering makes it easier to do the cleaning, both from ease of tackling the projects, and from changing one's attitude. It feels enjoyable to be taking care of my things. And I did NOT finish and just look around to see all the other stuff that needs to be scrubbed. I just enjoyed the spanking clean-ness of the cabinets.

Comment

• Walrus, I am sure that is what he does. Not that interest rates are bringing us that much of a return on our money right now.

BG, I always forget that I can do it until I hit send, then it is like "crap, now they won't know why I did that".

Sabine, FAFSA is apparently always a frustration, the stress it causes in our house is enormous!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Copied from Walrus:

Quote for Today

If you want greater prosperity in your life, start forming a vacuum to receive it.

- Catherine Ponder

I think we are all doing this with our tidying.

Comment

• I did the same thing in my bathroom that you did in your kitchen. Looking at my decluttered bathroom made me want to get it really clean - woodwork and trim and those little crevices in the shower door etc. Funny how easy it was. Something that at one time seemed insurmountable was a walk in the park and kind of fun.
          My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• snow day!

Comment

• squeeeee! Us too.

It is beautiful here, and so very quiet.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hi Sabine. Just checking in. I hope all is well.
                Primal since March 5, 2012
                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• A tense week at work. The boss treated someone else badly. That person ended up quitting. I felt I could no longer work there, but there was a huge order in process. If I had gone as well, she would have been in a bad situation. So, I gave my notice but stayed to complete the order. Finally done, and I'm out of there. Don't really want to go into details, but it was just a dismaying situation.

No more part time work for me for a while! I am getting this book done. I am within striking distance. About two chapters to go. I have made a commitment to finish this draft by the end of March, and get it completely polished by the end of April.

Reading an intriguing book called 'The Sweet Spot' by Christine Carter on increasing your effectiveness and happiness.

Peas and garlic are coming up in the garden. I planted 96 tomato plants.

Loving my new air-flosser for cleaning my teeth. It is so easy that I actually DO IT!

Watching 'House of Cards' (American version) with Honey in the evenings. Kevin Spacey is amazing!

Making a large pot of soup today, but I have no pigs feet to throw in there.

Comment

• Sorry the situation got so bad at job that you had to quit. Good news on getting book done.

Whats the name of the air flosser? I hate to floss too.
                    Female 55
                    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Sorry about the work situation but from a very selfish perspective I am thinking you will be here more☺️
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• It's a Phillips SonicCare Air Flosser. I like how it works. I've even found myself doing it more than once per day on occasion! It was about $80, but I have to say, well worth it, if it is making it easy to take better care of my teeth. The head needs to be replaced ever 4-6 months, and they cost $18 for a six-pack.

No outside work will definitely enable me to enjoy the forum more often.

It is a weird situation. BossLady was fun to be around most of the time. She insists it was a misunderstanding, but there were some small things leading up to the Incident, which makes me think otherwise, or at the very least, she was oblivious to her subconscious motives. And the way people treat those who cannot fight back/are in a weaker position, says a lot about you.

I am very lucky that I don't have to be in that position.

I have been jonesing for a type of sandwich I used to make, a delicious monster: Sour cream and mustard slathered on sourdough bread, layers of sliced meats and cheeses, dill pickle slices on the bed of sour cream, tomato and lettuce filling in the nooks. Obviously, some of those things are not primal. Okay for a treat now and then, though. I was willing to leave off the cheese, and just add in bacon . But the sandwich would not have been the same without the sour cream. And I am not willing to have some, and risk those stomach cramps.

But still, I wanted one of those sandwiches. Longed for it, really.

I was complaining about this to Honey and he suggested a sour cream substitute made with tofu. I looked on the internet, and, lo, many options! The man is a genius!!

So I mixed some up, and I will be trying it later. I avoid soy, but for a once in a while thing, to have the mouth-feel of sour cream? I could go along with that.

Comment

• Tofu sour cream is NOT a viable option.

Getting further into 'The Sweet Spot'. This section discusses Peter Bregman's idea of picking your top five priorities, and spend 95 percent of your [working] time doing only those activities. I add 'working' because previously she address the necessity of play/down time in our lives. As Primals, I know we are all down with that.

My top five right now are:
                          Health
                          Relationships
                          Writing
                          Creativity
                          Organization

So this morning I made some soup for my Down Days(Health). And cleared out some old stuff from the fridge(Organization).

Comment

• I like the top 5 priority list. I should write out what I think mine are.

Comment

• Cod and avocado for breakfast. Fish soup planned for lunch, and tamales and rice for dinner.

All the windows open, and the attic fan going, to pull in some of this lovely spring air.

Eldest is not happy with the classes he's taking. He doesn't feel he's learning much, and he is hating the bureaucracy of the environment. He's considering transferring or looking for a job after this semester. He's going to talk to his advisors, both at the present school and his undergrad school. Maybe at the other schools he considered, as well. I hope he can figure out what he wants to do without too much anguish.

Middlest cut Littlest's hair for her last night. I haven't seen the full effect yet, as it was bundled up for track practice this morning. I am prepared to be dazzled.

Feeling strange from the root canal. I have a call in to the nurse, to see if it is supposed to feel this way, or if it is an indicator of something untoward happening.

Did some writing this morning, while the car was having its check-up. Now I'm going to work on Middlest's rug.

Comment

• Feeling strange how? I've had a root canal. Maybe I can provide my experience?

Comment

Working...
                                X