No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um, we won't comment on how long it's been since I've been to the dentist.............. I'd rather have my annual exam than to go to the dentist. Weird, I know, but that's what it is..........
    -- Ruth

Comment

• I went a decade between dentist visits. No cavities except for a massive one I could put my tongue in on a wisdom tooth. They yanked the tooth same day. Haven't been back since.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• I was horrible about flossing until they told me that it was not a rotten tooth I was smelling, just food rotting between my teeth!
        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
          I was horrible about flossing until they told me that it was not a rotten tooth I was smelling, just food rotting between my teeth!
          Yikes!

Finished the taxes this morning. I usually do them the first weekend in February. Things got crazy this year, and I never seemed to have a day to myself to do them. They don't take long, but I like to have nothing else going on that day, no other people around. Just me and the paper, making my calculations, piling things as I choose, then copying and packaging up.

Well, there just wasn't a day like that, what with one thing and another. We have to get the FAFSA in, for the offspring, so I bit the bullet and just did them this morning. Crowded table, people in the house, LOTS going on today. Not my ideal. But they are figured. I will go over with Middlest how she does hers(first time this year), make copies, mail it off, and be done!

Yay!

This will relieve some stress in my life. They are not hard or painful to do, but since I didn't get right to them, some anxiety about it had built up. As in, I even felt a little shaky this morning. Dumb, but there it is.

This is going to be a Down-as-you-can Day. I am meeting a friend from out of town, doing various driving tasks, and hosting an impromptu get together this evening. Let the chips fly!

Comment

• Honey just (completely unprompted) showed me a stack of books he wants to let go of!!!

Magic, indeed.

Comment

• My sweetie does our taxes, this year they got done very early as he did them on the first day we were snowed in. We have the FAFSA as well, which galls him for some reason. I think because we don't get anything out of it, but the kids can't get even their merit scholarships if he doesn't do it.

I am going to sneak books I think Boo would rather keep (he is a hoarder) out before he gets home for spring break.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I've had my taxes done for weeks (DH gets VERY stressed), but can't file them because he company got sold and the new company didn't fill out the state tax form correctly (the numbers are right, but apparently I can't file without the amended form). Because we have a refund this year (adoption tax credit!), I am rather irritated.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• We owe BIG this year, so not sure if Honey filed or not yet.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• If your DH is like me, then he'll wait until April - why send the check any earlier than it has to be done (I'd rather owe than get a refund....).
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• I think he waits as long as possible, and prefers to owe than get a refund as well, but I think he has to file earlier because of the FAFSA deadline. maybe, I know I should know, but I don't.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Taxes are on my list for my spring break. I like to do them when I've got no distractions.
                        Female 55
                        Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                        Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I always forget that when you send someone a pin, the devil's larder doesn't allow you to add a message. Anyway, I was the idiot that sent you a picture of jugs full of wooden spoons. It made me smile and think of you...
                          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Actually you can send a message. You just have to type it before you hit send.
                            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                              I think he waits as long as possible, and prefers to owe than get a refund as well, but I think he has to file earlier because of the FAFSA deadline. maybe, I know I should know, but I don't.
                              You can prepare your tax return and file, but hold off paying until April. That way you have it done and off your to do list.
                              My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                                Actually you can send a message. You just have to type it before you hit send.
                                yes, but I never do...
                                I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Working...
                                X