No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you so much! (Sniffle) It has certainly changed my life in ways I could never have imagined. But all the thanks go to KonMari for coming up with this system and making it available to all of us.
    My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Yes. Not only have I started using her system (albeit that I'm still waiting for the book), I've passed on her stuff to others, who are now using her system. It's like wildfire!
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
        This ease seems to be coming from the same place as 'them that has, gets'. And all it took was reading a book and starting.
        Along the lines of "what you think about increases". The more I think about tidying, the more I do and the more I keep it up. It is fun. Though the Cave Man finds it a bit disconcerting and asks when I am going to toss him out. Keep bringing me joy, honey, and you have no worries
        I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Cave Woman View Post
          ...Cave Man finds it a bit disconcerting and asks when I am going to toss him out. Keep bringing me joy, honey, and you have no worries

Comment

• I tried rearranging my closet several weeks ago per Konmari: darker, longer items to the left, bottom lines rising to the right to lighter, shorter items.

It's not for me. Yesterday I switched them back, and the result brings me joy.

Honey and I are going to a churrascaria for dinner tonight, to have a meat feast.

The last bit of prep work for the floor is done. It was intimidating, as some repairs had to be made. Not perfect but better than it was, and most of all, DONE. Today while Honey is at his game event, I will be getting those last floorboards in, and the baseboard on, so that he can come home to his area back to normal.

Comment

• You are one handy wife girly!
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Interesting article on lifehacker about how our brain deals with clutter(and letting it go):

How Clutter Affects Your Brain (and What You Can Do About It)

Comment

• Great article! Knowledge is power - knowing how these things affect me helps me to overcome my fear of discarding them.

I did the same thing - I organized my drawers the opposite way. I like the light colors in the opposite way as she suggests.

Comment

• I thought it was very telling that the pain center in our brain works the same way for letting go of items as for physical injuries. I think that may be why the Konmari method works- by overwhelming your pain center, and continuing through the experience, you can get to an endorphin high, so that discarding forms a new neural pathway, allowing you to feel pleasure instead of pain.

Do it all at once!!!

Comment

• I totally agree - the article helps me understand why this feels so good - it's like an addiction, albeit a good one. Turning pain into pleasure - it's like anything that tends to be unpleasant at first, but you punch through the pain and the endorphins starting running - and you want to keep doing it, or do it again, or think about it when you're not doing it -

Comment

• Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                        I totally agree - the article helps me understand why this feels so good - it's like an addiction, albeit a good one. Turning pain into pleasure - it's like anything that tends to be unpleasant at first, but you punch through the pain and the endorphins starting running - and you want to keep doing it, or do it again, or think about it when you're not doing it -
                        Sounds like a movie review...
                        I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Well, I could be talking about sex, but it's been so long since I've had it that I can't remember what it's like.

Comment

• Heeheehee.

That's not what it's like.

Comment

• A Down Day today, coinciding with the first day of lent, so I am going to make it a good one. Have lots of things to get done at home today, including making an BIG pot of soup to bring along on retreat.

Comment

• Hi Sabine! How's it going?
                                Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

Working...
                                X