No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The label glue was stronger than the tea tree oil. I decided it wasn't worth another round, and...tossed it!

Eldest is presenting a paper at a conference. I feel absurdly chuffed.

Comment

• You make me smile, how very proud of Eldest you must be! Congrats.

And proud of yourself for all you have accomplished. Congrats on that front as well.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Friends were restrained in their picking, but I still came home minus two bags worth. The drop-off will be this morning. I took a look down the alley behind the thrift store, and though I am not a general scaredy-cat, I felt hinky about pulling in there at 10:30pm. No lights, even, to see what I would be doing. But, everything is still in the car. It will NOT be re-entering the domicile!

Told everyone about 'Magic'. The one friend who I had already loaned it to, chimed in. The North Texas sphere of influence expands. Also, about six weeks ago a friend who runs a B&B, passed on a couple of booklets about Hamburg and the Elbe to me that some German visitors had left with her. I enjoyed reading them, and they were 'too nice to throw away' so they were sitting in my sewing room. Then, one of my quilting friends told me she is...off to Hamburg this summer! I passed them on to her last night.

I keep looking into the garage, admiring it.

Fell down on my Down Day last night. Friend made brownies. With walnuts.

Oh, well.

I am working on a large-scale needlepoint piece right now, as an experiment. It is not my style; I just wanted to try the technique. I am going to finish it, make it into a pillow, and give it as a present. Lesson slowly being absorbed: some things are experiences for us, not products. (I was pleased with my thriftiness in executing this project. Must share for the crafty folk out there. It is a piece of Berlinwork, which uses many shades of a color. I didn't want to invest in twenty hanks of tapestry wool, so I bought two skeins of Red Heart variegated yarn, and cut apart the lengths of different colors. Six dollars, six colors, and about fifteen shades. )

Comment

• sweet, it is extremely rare that a craft project is not an expensive thing, using the yarn was a genius idea.

someday, I will visit Germany and you can tell me everything you learned.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Did a little sorting and tossing from shelves in my closet. Not really tidying, just throwing out things that should have been dealt with long ago, and putting other things where they belong, so that when I get to those categories, everything will be together. It is getting easier to do that kind of activity, though, which I count as excellent progress. Found a few more items to toss into the garage sale boxes.

While going through my clothes last week, I decided I needed a blue jacket and a purple jacket. Guess what a friend gave me this weekend?

Putting out to the universe--I need a new lightweight robe. I know you are listening.

Did some writing today, and watched The Walking Dead. Refrained from washing dishes entirely.

Comment

• Feeling a great desire to tidy, but this casual, part-time work is turning into something a little more consuming. Got home yesterday, did the grocery shopping and tutoring with Littlest, then just wanted to sit around and veg all evening. How do people do this? Did nothing creative.

Maybe I will do my silverware this morning. That seems approachable.

Comment

• Feeling a great desire to tidy, but this casual, part-time work is turning into something a little more consuming. Got home yesterday, did the grocery shopping and tutoring with Littlest, then just wanted to sit around and veg all evening. How do people do this? Did nothing creative.

Maybe I will do my silverware this morning. That seems approachable.

Comment

• My part time job does the same to me -- for some reason knowing I have to be gone for the afternoon just keeps me from starting on any projects in the morning. I like to start a project with the idea that I can work at it for as long as I like - and knowing I have a designated stop time makes it really hard for me to get started. Some kind of weird mental block I guess.
                  1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion
                  9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I am the same way. The days that I work are essentially just puttering around the house, knitting, and reading. Nothing of any consequence gets done, luckily I have more days off than days I have to be at work!
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• You just have to find a rhythm that works. I work full time with a 2 hour commute and manage to find a little bit of time for tidying in the evenings - even if it's only throwing away unspecial homework the kids brought home, or throwing a few things out that are joyless in the pantry. Full on tidying sprees wait til the weekend, though.
                      Primal since March 5, 2012
                      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I had a dream a few nights ago.

I was purchasing an airplane ticket. The people ahead of me were going first class, so they were taking a shuttle to the plane. Iwas going to have to walk. I went down an escalator, and found myself on a college campus, asking people for directions to the place. A very nice lady named Pat said she would show me the way. Somehow we stopped at the cafeteria and started eating. I was listening to her stories, which were interesting ,and educational. But I was not catching my plane! Finally, I left her, and started wandering/running through the campus.

I am certain this is my subconscious telling me that spending too much time on my new part-time job is not getting my book written.

My subconscious is right.

Comment

• Honey just gave me some 'All About the Bass' parody lyrics, suited for a guy with small equipment.

Hilarious, but NOT suitable for the forum.

Comment

• No work today, so I am getting stuff done around the house. Including, one hopes, finishing the last two feet of front room floor, and some tidying.

Had friends over last night, but they got the time wrong, so did not get here until 7:00! We had two hours of fast and furious games, before all four of us middle-aged fogies started yawning. But after they left, Honey got his second wind, and stayed up until 2:00 doing some film editing. Crazy guy.

I am finding it easier and easier to discard unwanted items, not just when I am doing a tidying session, but as a part of daily life. Recent examples: finished the Berlinwork sample- put the leftover yarn directly into the Girl Scout garage sale bow; read twenty pages of a book I received as a Christmas gift, realized it was not for me, and put it in the Half Price Books box; friends brought over cashew brittle(!) last night, something we don't really eat, but would keep because...homemade brittle! Instead, I thanked them for the thought and time put into making it, and asked if they would take it back home, and they were happy to(they love brittle).

This ease seems to be coming from the same place as 'them that has, gets'. And all it took was reading a book and starting.

Comment

• I am noticing that as I think about the way I want to live and how tidying will help that, I am looking at the stuff in the house in a whole new way. I so appreciate the book recommendation!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I am so thankful Walrus found this book and shared it with us! I am eternally grateful to her.
                                Primal since March 5, 2012
                                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Working...
                                X