No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want any of mine? Mostly sock-weight.

Comment

• My yarn stash is down to not even half of what it was, and my cloth stash is down to maybe 1/4 of what it was. My project pile is down to a backpack to be mended, 2 tees to be tailored, a quilted pillow that was my grandmother's to be mended, a quilt she never finished before she passed that I want to finish, and a quilt I'm piecing from old message tees. I also still have a few earmarked canvases for paintings. Not sure what I'll do with the yarn or cloth, but it'll find a use.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Sabine, love the idea, but don't use sock weight much. She only has size 8 needles and their crochet equivalent at school so she would have to triple up on the yarn. The other part of me not starting a new project before I finish the one I am working on is that I do not buy yarn that I don't have a specific pattern for. The yarn of mine she has been using is left overs from other projects and a stash that someone else had given me.

Our local high school has a knitting club, and they sell their finished projects to raise money for charity. Maybe one of your local schools does something similar? I always feel better donating something kind of dear to me if I know who it is going to.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I do not even want to THINK about tallying up all my in-progress projects. Far too many, I know.

A HUGE branch just fell off of the hackberry tree in our backyard. Luckily, it did not hit the roof, the AC unit, or any creatures of the four- or two-legged variety. It is not windy, so we are somewhat perplexed. But grateful for the landing spot.

I am going to start a longer fast tomorrow, for some healing and introspection. I have a relatively quiet week ahead of me, and think it will be a perfect time to be tidying both physically and mentally.

Making sweet and sour red cabbage and apples this afternoon. Mmm, smells so good.

Comment

• I'm going to be taking the yarn to my monthly gathering of friends. I am certain it will go quickly. Just thought I might spread it around a bit more. Maybe Naiad can be tempted.

Comment

• Nope. I rarely use sock weight.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• All for the folk here, then.

Comment

• We had all of our hackberry trees trimmed such that none of the branches will hit anything important when they come down. Of course they dropped one on the corner of the house when they were trimming but luckily only took out part of the gutter and unfortunately an American Holly that never recovered. Those things are always dropping limbs around here.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I am starting today with office supplies. I expect the amount of post-it notes, index cards, and paper clips to be staggering. I also expect a lot of joy. I really enjoy my office supplies.

This will not included pens, pencils, and markers, which I count as another animal entirely. They are still being unearthed from all over the house as I do the other tidying.
                    Last edited by Sabine; 01-26-2015, 07:47 AM. Reason: pens

Comment

• I'm honestly afraid of my office! Good for you.
                      Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
                      CW: 10-11-16: 144
                      GW: 130 a dream, I know
                      Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Okay, I made it through. I even discarded some items!

I'd say the volume is reduced by 1/3.

And, I washed 27 pairs of handknit socks. They look quite glorious, on the drying rack en masse.

Trying to decide what to do next. More books, perhaps?

Comment

• come to my house and help with the crafts shelves here?
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• You are so inspiring, Sabine. I sit here in a house totally cluttered with everything from the living room which sits empty awaiting the carpet installer, who has not showed up three days in a row now. This being a tiny house, only the bathrooms and kitchen are clear. I cannot get into my office to work. On the bright side, we are taking this opportunity to paint the living room a new color. New paint is almost like tidying.
                            I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                              come to my house and help with the crafts shelves here?
                              You're on! It's always easier to do someone else's stuff.

Originally posted by Cave Woman View Post
                              You are so inspiring, Sabine...
                              Walrus has really gotten me going. The 'Magic' book has such a different way of looking at items. I have done some major decluttering before, but never this way. It feels different. (Not least because I am shaking and crying during some of it. I am certain that I am dealing with emotional clutter as well as physical items by doing it this way.)

Received $20 more for the books I took to HalfPriceBooks today. Also dropped two boxes of items off at the thrift store. Interestingly, in both places, someone leapt to help me. Not saying this never happens, but both of them seemed so eager and happy. Can't help but wonder if I am giving off some positive energy.

My quiet, nothing much week has suddenly taken a turn in a different direction. But I am going to try to keep up with an increased tidying schedule in spite of it.

Got a large box of miscellaneous CDs sorted so that Honey and Littlest can help decide their fates this evening. Boxed up everything that we will be donating to the Girl Scout garage sale and moved it out of the clearing zone.

Next I am going to do something relatively simple(I hope): clear my kitchen cupboards of glass bottles and jars(but they're so useful!).

Comment

• There were 31 glass bottles/jars. Now there are 8.

We went through all the mystery CDs, and reduced their ranks by about half.

I threw away one pair of socks that had too big a hole to be darned.

Feeling chuffed.

I am considering going through the dreaded 'writing papers' box tomorrow. Well, two and a half boxes. This is more of an advanced assignment, but it is something that is all together; I don't have to go hunting all over the house for it. We'll see how confident I feel tomorrow.

Today, I thought of another category, which had somehow not crept into my consciousness before: outdoor stuff. Oh, dear.

Comment

Working...
                                X