Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrilled it is helping.

Things are easy to adjust when you are cooking at home also. Good time of year for soups too.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Zoodle talk

I step away for a day, and zoodles break out!

I use the larger triangle blade when I am making a pasta salad type of dish, and I use those zoodles raw.

I use the smaller triangle bade when I am cooking, and I have given up any boiling or microwaving, and instead saute them quickly with lard or olive oil. Just 2-3 minutes.

I've never made a baked dish with the ribbon zoodles, but if I did, I would not blanch them, just put them in raw with the sauce(minus half of the liquid in the sauce, since the zoodles will exude moisture).

Thanks, Jenn and Demuralist, for answering MsSmith's questions. I was on a mega-trek across Texas.

Down south to pick up Middlest for a performance she was attending up in Dallas. On the way down, I stopped, and practiced the route I would need to take, coming from the south, to get to the theater, since I hadn't gone that way before. Much interesting driving around the shiftier parts of Dallas. When I got down south I had an hour to rest. Middlest ran from her last class and jumped into the car, and we were off. Made it past Temple and Waco before rush hour hit, and got to the theater just in time. Then I headed west to make a meeting of my own. Got home at 10:30. Whew.

Today, I am inspired to tackle tidying BOOKS. Yes, you read that right. During my break yesterday I was re-reading 'Magic', and I feel charged up. I can do it.

Comment

• I am really excited about tidying my books, something I thought was impossible until I read the Magic Book. But I am restricted as both used bookstores near me are closed for the winter and aren't taking donations. I don't have anywhere to store them, so I'm a bit stuck at the present. But time will pass and the bookstores will reopen and off the books will go to the next phase of their existence.
        My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Tidying the books was downright liberating. I got rid of probably 60% of my collection. I also found books that desperately need replacing because they've been read so many times. I still need to sell a batch and Goodwill the rest.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Thank you Sabine. Yesterday I spiralized 2 zucchinis using the large triangle blade and I left the zoodles uncovered in a dish for about an hour or more and then I covered them with a lid for about an hour or more. I didn't do this on purpose, but I did notice there was no water on/in the dish. I put them in the chicken soup during the last 5 minutes of simmering and they were delicious. By the time we finished eating our soup, the zoodles were quite transparent. I am looking forward to having chicken zoodle soup again today. All thanks to you!
            Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
            Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
            Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
            Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
            1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
            GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
            CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
            49 - 5'7.5"
            Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• Another victim falls to the Zoodler Plot. Off to get my bonus from the Benevolent Overlord aka Walrus.

Comment

• I'm excited to make thicker noodles for soups now! I hadn't even thought of it until you ladies discussed it! What a brilliant idea! Chicken Zoodle Soup! Wonderful!
                Primal since March 5, 2012
                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I'm throwing a shoulder butt of pork into the crockpot this morning, to be bubbling away while I work on the books. Looking forward to having pork with sauerkraut for dinner tonight.

Also scored a nice piece of lamb from the discount meat section, which will be my second breakfast.

Following Konmari, I will be gathering up all my fiction books, and bringing them into the living room. Wish me luck.

Comment

• Books were the hardest thing for me. I decided it's because books became my escape and comfort when times were hard...and joy and encouragement when I needed them. I have now given most of my books away (though I have a ton on kindle) and am at peace with now. But, it was the most emotional task of cleaning. I felt like every book gave me joy
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• I keep every book that I love or find truly helpful. If that is wrong, I am unable to be right. And I need another bookshelf. The rest I donate to friends or the library.
                      GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
                      49 - 5'7.5"
                      Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                        Another victim falls to the Zoodler Plot. Off to get my bonus from the Benevolent Overlord aka Walrus.
                        Did Walrus start this fantastic phenomenon on MDA?
                        GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
                        49 - 5'7.5"
                        Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• I think she did.

I have gathered my first sub-category: my personal, paperback, fiction books. There are 216.

Going to take a small break before I start going through them.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsSmith View Post
                            Did Walrus start this fantastic phenomenon on MDA?
                            Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                            I think she did.
                            Oh, I will go and thank her then.
                            GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
                            49 - 5'7.5"
                            Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• Book results so far:

4 books read to tatters- sent to the recycling bin with thanks

49 books that spark no joy. Off to HalfPriceBooks, with thanks. One of these was a Dick Francis novel. I was surprised that it sparked no joy, so I determined to set aside the others, and spend more than a moment with each, to see if there were any others that really sparked no joy. So that pile, and the Agatha Christie's are yet to do.

68 definite Sparklers.

2 Sparklers that are duplicates. I will send them to my sister-in-law, who might enjoy them.

20 unread books which still intrigue me. I will find a place for these so they don't get lost in the shuffle. When I want a new book to read, I will look there first. I commit to looking at this pile again, at the end of all the tidying, to see if I am kidding myself about the spark. I AM a big reader, though, so I feel okay about stretching this rule.

Okay, another little break, maybe I will eat the lamb chop, then I will look carefully at the DFs and ACs.

Comment

• I did a major book clearing out when we moved to our current home. Mostly I am committed to only buying books that I consider reference books or that I read from the library and can't get out of my head. Honey is collecting books he wants to read when he retires (blah, that is light years away) I am looking at a book case right now that does have more than a few books that I wonder where the heck they even came from. I do have a bookcase that is just children's books, the most loved of my children and ones from when Honey was young. None of mine survived, I was the oldest child (and grandchild) in a family with not much money, everything got passed down.
                                Chris
                                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Working...
                                X