Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sausages!
    My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Goodbye Sabine. Even though we said goodbye by PM, I wanted to do it publicly. I have always admired your way of keeping your personal stuff, personal and out of your journal.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Goodbye, Pebbles. I will miss you. I've learned so much from you, got so much enjoyment from your journal, your good humor, your perseverance, and intelligence. May all good things come to you and yours.
        Last edited by Sabine; 01-20-2015, 04:10 PM. Reason: mis-spelling

Comment

• Sausages would go very nicely, visually, with the chicken tenders. I like it. Littlest suggested fried apples.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            Honey asked if dinner could be 'extra delicious' tonight. (I think it was a long, boring Down day for him yesterday.)

I had already planned for dilled carrots, using our garden harvest. Looking in the freezer, I am considering honey-mustard bacon-wrapped chicken tenders, and roasted cabbage. I'd like to have one more thing. Any suggestions?
            OMG bacon wrapped chicken tenders! Brilliant idea!!
            Primal since March 5, 2012
            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I've made it twice before: they are very good. And, even better, they taste great cold, so they are good for lunches, and snacks.

I found another box of sewing items in the garage. I was able to quickly look through it, discard what needed to go, and put the remainder in the EMPTY SPACES on my sewing room shelf. Amazing to me that I have empty spaces!

Today I plan on taking the games that Honey culled, down to HalfPriceBooks, and seeing if I can get him a little cash for them. Also, another trip to the dump to take a broken bed frame, and some weird wood things. The garage is looking much better, even though I haven't 'tidied' at all. I am just hauling away all the things that I meant to 'someday'. Sort of preparation for tidying, so I have space in which to work.

Comment

• Waving hi from the airport. Beautiful weather in your fair city today!
                -- Ruth

Comment

• Hi back! Yes, it is beautiful today. I'm glad you have such good weather for flying.

While I was selling Honey's games, I started browsing the stacks(very dangerous!). Found a little book called 'Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui'. I am just a little ways into it, but it seems a perfect companion to Konmari.

Here is her definition of clutter:

Things you do not use or love(very Konmari)
                  Things which are untidy or unorganized
                  Too many things in too small a space

and the kicker, for me...
                  Anything unfinished

When she got to the last category, what she said really started resonating with me. One particular comment:
                  "Your subconscious mind will suppress these things nicely for you if you ask it to, but it takes a lot of your energy to do so."

This may explain the bursts of energy so many of us are having in our decluttering.
                  Last edited by Sabine; 01-20-2015, 04:09 PM. Reason: pesky quotation marks, going astray

Comment

When she got to the last category, what she said really started resonating with me. One particular comment:
                    "Your subconscious mind will suppress these things nicely for you if you ask it to, but it takes a lot of your energy to do so."
                    YES! Half-finished projects are the very devil. They sit there mouldering and sucking the joy out of a room and person...by the time you return to them they are no longer an exciting project they are simply a chore. I finish my patch before starting another, even though inspiration strikes half way through the current project. (That said, I have a failed dressmaking project that I have to bite the bullet and throw away unfinished - it is never going to come good... I should do that tonight!)
                    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Awesome, because while I am number 37 on the wait list for the Konmari book this one is available at my local library. Will pick it up on the way home tomorrow.
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Feeling very sad.

Comment

• I caught a snatch of something on the radio the other day... It was about doctors in training and how they have to learn not to take on their patients' emotional burdens (without becoming hardened in the process). One trainee went to a psychologist to talk through the difficulties he was having coping with all the anger his cancer patients were projecting at him. As the trainee was talking, the psychologist held out his pen. The trainee, seeing him, got out of his seat and took the pen.

P: 'Did you want that pen?'
                          T: 'Er, no...'
                          P: 'Then why did you take it?'
                          T: 'Because you you were holding it out to me...' *Dawning comprehension*
                          P: 'You don't have to take what you don't want to hold.'

Of course, this is a variation on or at least related to the two monks crossing a river story, but somehow this version hit me much more powerfully. We do not have to carry other people's burdens.

ETA: here are details of the programme (and the book it dramatises) - based on the bit I'd heard, I'd recommend.
                          Last edited by badgergirl; 01-20-2015, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Feeling very sad.
                            What can we do to help?
                            Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
                            Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
                            Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
                            Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
                            1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
                            GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
                            CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
                            49 - 5'7.5"
                            Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• Badgergirl- Wow. That is both very simple and very deep.

MsSmith- It helps just knowing you want to. Thanks.

All y'all are the best. I know I made a big kerfluffle. Thanks for not ripping me up about it.

Comment

Badgergirl- Wow. That is both very simple and very deep.
                                There was a lot of projecting going on yesterday - it seemed like that was a story that might help you winnow your own feelings from those that were being held out to you...but then I'm using guesswork and I'm only a slightly evolved monkey with a keyboard, so, as ever, internet sanity/tidy rules apply to my posts: keep only what sparks joy.

Comment

Working...
                                X