Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
    Honey just cleared out 18 mugs from his mug collection, 28 board games, and a box of smaller items!!!

Completely unprompted. Guess tidying is catching.
    Congratulations!
    I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

Wow. That's a long way off for me.

But I know I will feel very good when the sewing room is done. I think it will give me energy and confidence to go forward. A lot of my ego is tied up with what I produce, so getting that aspect of my life in order and under control is sure to have effects.
      Do you think you will find yourself gazing into the room from the door to look at the changes when you are done? I find myself doing that when I make a noticeable change to a room.
      Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
      Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
      Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
      Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
      1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
      GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
      CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
      49 - 5'7.5"
      Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• I AM enjoying looking around the sewing room already. More so, I think, when it is complete. Interestingly, I found it enjoyable to clean up after the little project I did yesterday, now that everything has a spot that is easy to get into.

Last night I got all of Middlest's things that are still in the room from her last visit, sorted so that it will be easy for her to put away/toss/take with as required. Now that they are off the mattress(where I had tossed them as i was sorting through everything) I can lift up the storage and do the last things that are under there.

And then, my sewing room/items will be DONE! All tidied.

For this first round, at least. As I am tidying other areas, and come across sewing/craft items, I now have a place I can put them, so that for the second round, I will KNOW that I have gathered all my items.

I know this is not the Konmari method, but If I had to tear apart the garage, and my closet to get this started, I fear I just wouldn't have. Hope that doesn't indicate a lack of the resolve required.

Comment

• Okay, you guys bit me. I started in the closet. 4 bags gone. I kept everything I loved, even if it doesn't fit, and got rid of the rest, even if it does fit.

Now, though.... I cannot find a video on how to do the underwear and socks.

I'm feeling lots of negative energy rolling around. You wouldn't think that cleaning could have such an impact, especially when stuff you love is in there..........
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I had to stop for crying, several times. The emotions well up. Better out than in, though, especially when we can see the negative effects of not addressing our shit, all around us.

Comment

• Gum completely back to normal. I don't know what that was all about.

Comment

• I may be done with the sewing room. I'm off to Girl Scouts with Littlest. When we get back, I will look at everything with rested eyes, make sure items have places, and take a big breath.

Comment

• Task Complete!

My sewing supplies have been tidied! Many bags to the trash, many boxes for my friends to pick through, and then to go to the thrift store.

I feel very pleased. Like I have made a significant change, not just reduced the volume of my possessions.

I shall revel in the feeling for a bit, then choose my next area.

Comment

• Would you please come help me with mine? Please?

Oh, just send encouraging thoughts my way instead.
                    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

My sewing supplies have been tidied! Many bags to the trash, many boxes for my friends to pick through, and then to go to the thrift store.

I feel very pleased. Like I have made a significant change, not just reduced the volume of my possessions.

I shall revel in the feeling for a bit, then choose my next area.
                      How wonderful! So far my tidying is hidden in drawers and closets. I can't wait to have such a complete transformation of a room as you have had. Thank you for the inspiration!
                      I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                        Would you please come help me with mine? Please?

Oh, just send encouraging thoughts my way instead.
                        It's always easier to toss someone else's stuff! Although if I know myself, I would probably just want to grab YOUR unfinished projects. But, maybe not. This feels very freeing.

Originally posted by Cave Woman View Post
                        How wonderful! So far my tidying is hidden in drawers and closets. I can't wait to have such a complete transformation of a room as you have had. Thank you for the inspiration!
                        There is actually space in the room AND closet for Middlest to put her things in, when she comes back to visit.

I'm thinking maybe office supplies next. Or kitchen items.

Comment

• I didn't get dvds or cds done today so those are on the list for tomorrow. Then kitchen areas. Storage dishes with no lids, lids with no dishes, "control binders" I don't use, PAPER, and that one little cupboard that always manages to collect everything.

I found a few things I think I'd rather try to sell than donate. A bridesmaid dress with matching shoes for instance. Idk. Wedding was 10 years ago so maybe the dress is too dated... would you try to sell it or just send it to the thrift store?
                          Primal since March 5, 2012
                          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Personally I would send it to the thrift. If you are in the process of doing the tidy you should end up with a pretty significant stack. You can make a list of donations, go online to find their value, and claim them as charitable contributions. I doubt it is worth the time and energy to sell the items unless you already have an eBay account or similar.
                            Chris
                            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Welcome, Healthygirl. Good to see you here.

Comment

• I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Working...
                                X