Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Je suis Charlie.
    Nous sommes tous Charlie.

To state our opinions in our journals, to have discussion, to provoke thought. To think.

Screw you, terrorists.

Comment

• I want my counters completely clear, but I can't get the family there. Sigh............
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
        Je suis Charlie.
        Nous sommes tous Charlie.

To state our opinions in our journals, to have discussion, to provoke thought. To think.

Screw you, terrorists.
        vous vissez terroristes
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I sort of want it, but it also scares me a little. Funny. Maybe another aspect of the all-or-nothing philosophy. It works for me with ADF, why not counters.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
            vous vissez terroristes

Comment

• Help!

Tidying my pantry, and everything (even after tossing a bunch) does not fit back in neatly. I don't want a jumble AFTER tidying.

I need to find a spot for my jars and cans, but I don't feel up to tidying another cupboard this morning. The pantry was a spur of the moment thing. What to do, what to do.

Comment

• Make a big pot of soup and use up some cans..........
                Female 55
                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Hahaha. That would be a strange soup.

I found a place by tidying half of one cabinet. But it is only a temporary solution. I need to put different shelves in my pantry, to accommodate how I am using it. There is too much air space above my items on each shelf.

Comment

• One thing this tidying has sparked for me, is spending time thinking HOW I want things to be.

I spent a few minutes this morning cutting the tags off of all my washcloths. I don't like them sticking out after the washcloths are folded. And what really, do I need them for? Nothing. I know how to wash a washcloth.

Now that stack of washcloths truly brings me joy.

Comment

• you inspire me! I am off to cut all the tags off of my towels and washcloths. Those things drive me crazy, and yes, I do know how to wash them.

I re-organized my pantry/laundry "room" (it is really just a walk in closet) about a year and a half ago, and had shelves put in that were what I needed instead of what the builder thought would sell the house. So much happier now. My shelves not only don't have much air space above, they are also not very deep, most of them about 6 inches. The 2 lowest shelves allow for taller and deeper things, and there is one cabinet for cleaning supplies that I can close the doors to because that stuff always looks messy. I don't like walking in and seeing messy.
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Banana bread incident.

That is all.

Comment

• Your pantry sounds great. I would love to have a walk-in for food.

Think I will engage the linen closet today. (At first, that said 'tackle the linen closet' but I was looking at it before I hit 'post' and realized 'tackle' was too aggressive a word. My linen closet is not an opponent. We are partners in this glorious exercise of holding our linens in a tidy, safe, appealing way. Guess that book is getting to me!)

Comment

• Is it sad that "banana bread incident" is all you had to say, and I for one totally get it?

Truly, I took a laundry "room" (it is 6'x7'), and added shelves and a folding table. When we needed new washer and dryer I got a stackable set to allow room along one wall to put up shelves. I REALLY want to change out the door to a screened door (vintage style). But since I haven't found the door yet I have not approached the subject with Honey.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Hello Sabine,
                              2 of my housemates go to FL for the winter. So here's what I did, I put all their counter stuff in cupboards, except the giant crock pot, no space for it. I put things my SO and I use in cupboards too. Now my counters are clear except Coffee pot, (we use it often) a ceramic butter dish I made and a bowl (that I made) full of fresh veggies. They look so clear and nice. My SO likes it too. Summer mates use the dishwasher, we don't, so I put supplements, coconut oil and protein powder, stick blender, etc., which is all part of morning routine in top rack, LOL. We will have to accommodate other housemates when they return for the summer months, but for now it is clear! So glad I found the inspiration here. Today... the bedroom. Oh, I hit the bathroom earlier this week, easy peasy, not much out in there.

Comment

• It will be so nice to have it that way for two weeks, to see what you like (or dislike) about it.

Cleared out the linen closet(except for floor-no linens there). One bag of trash, one box for to donate, and one item to use for the rug I will be making for Middlest. It looks nice and clear in there. I have discovered: I need some new pillowcases. We deserve to lay our heads on comfortable, fresh pillowcases. Next week I will sew a set of four.

Comment

Working...
                                X