No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Sabine. I want to see The Interview too. I suspect it's comical since Seth Rogan is in it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• This evening I am making (for the eaters- Honey and I are fasting) taco salad using lettuce FROM OUR GARDEN! January 5th, and we still have lettuce growing! I am boggling over the power of raised beds + careful covering.

We had a car accident today, when we were struck in the side by a young lady who went a bit too far, coming out from a driveway. Luckily, she was not going very fast, but she sure was shook up. So was I (I may have screamed just a little bit when I felt the impact). Taking the car in on Wednesday, to check the damage, but it is still drivable at this point. I am hoping for just a broken hubcap and bumper, with maybe needing an alignment. Fingers crossed.

Did a good chunk of writing this morning, that I feel pleased about. I think I see how the ending of the book will come together.

Comment

• there must be a winter lettuce green as our CSA farmer has promised that some of the lettuce survived the early freeze and should be able to have some included in our next portion.

So sorry about your accident, I am assuming no one was hurt or you would have said so, and that is a blessing. But it is a PITA no matter what.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• This, that, and the other

Sushi feast last night, before all the offspring disperse.

Middlest helped Littlest dye her hair on Monday: blue and purple! It looks amazing, like a midnight mermaid.

Did some sewing with a friend yesterday, and made 9 quilt blocks. It was good to catch up. Middlest and Eldest are heading back over there today for game playing. With Littlest back at school, and Honey back at work, that means I will have the house to myself for a few hours! Hasn't happened since the holidays began. What to do, what to do... maybe I could go for a small tidying task!

Comment

• Considering Paris' issue this morning, your post on free speech hit right on target!
            Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
            CW: 10-11-16: 144
            GW: 130 a dream, I know
            Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• midnight mermaid sounds lovely.

I vote for calgon to take you away, not chores
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by perennialpam View Post
                Considering Paris' issue this morning, your post on free speech hit right on target!
                That was so shocking. I hope they find these criminals. It fills me with horror and anger.

Originally posted by demuralist View Post

I vote for calgon to take you away, not chores
                There IS a bath on my 'to do' list, but not until this evening. Sadly, I think I will be making a grocery run. So ordinary.

This morning, I was Wonder Woman (Sorry, Pebbles! I'm wresting the title away from you for a day.). I bundled up, and used the circular saw and my sledgehammer to breakdown three mega-pallets( multiple layers, solid foam inserts, metal bolts and bars running the entire length) before hauling them to the dump. (They had to be broken down to fit into my little car.) My neighbor strolled over halfway through, and volunteered to throw everything into his truck, but by that time I was on a roll. Help is good, but so is tackling a strenuous job, and getting it all done on your own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  Help is good, but so is tackling a strenuous job, and getting it all done on your own.
                  Agreed. Unfortunately I have friends who tease me when I do accept help and complain when I will not accept it. I love hard work.
                  Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
                  CW: 10-11-16: 144
                  GW: 130 a dream, I know
                  Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• I was browsing around on Pinterest last night, and saw a decluttering post about COMPLETELY clearing your kitchen counters. Not even a toaster, or jar of wooden spoons left behind. I don't know if I would like it, but she challenged readers to try it for two weeks. Part of the post deals with finding spaces for your counter stuff within your cabinets. I am intrigued. After I do my kitchen tidy, I may give this a whirl.

Comment

• I'm human! Thank you for your honesty senior member! It reinforces the idea that I need to keep 100% as my goal, slow and steady wins the race and always be honest with myself. In the end if I eat unhealthy I am compromising my health well being, and self-esteem. It just occurred to me I could look at what I eat, work out, sleep and lifestyle in general can be empowering in and of itself. Thinking abundance not denial.

Comment

• My cousins kitchen is like this. It is wonderful and easy to keep clean. I have 3 housemates and they get to keep their stuff on the counter. Dang, but small compromise, they are great people.

Comment

• I plan to do this - and I have virtually no counter space! Still, I have utensils in a jar, more hanging utensils, a few spice jars. All of it will be in a drawer when I am done getting rid of everything joyless.

I'm not going to put my dishes out on the balcony to dry, though. For one thing, they would freeze. For another, there are birds out there. I love birds but I have no intention of eating off dishes that have had birds sitting on them.
                          My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Hello Aine Vend, always happy to have someone new drop by.

Presently on my counter:

Cutting boards
                            Soapstone sculpture to hold cutting boards upright
                            Bread box(for other family members, not me!)
                            Toaster(ditto)
                            Dish drainer
                            Compost bucket
                            Eight canisters with my large utensils(Yes, eight. I like to separate them by types.)
                            Fruit bowl
                            Ramekin of bacon grease

The utensil canisters are actually on the window sill, but the definitely add to the 'visual' clutter. On the plus side, each of the canisters is a vessel which brings me joy, for one reason or another.

I'm thinking I could try an in-sink dish drainer. And I could find a spot for the compost pail under the sink. I worry that I would 'forget' about emptying it, if it were out of sight, though. The cutting boards would be a challenge, as I demand that they be stored upright, and their size makes that tricky. Toaster and bread could go side by side in the cabinet right above their present area...if I find a new home for that stuff. Uh, huh, definitely some stuff needs to go to try this out.

But the fruit bowl is easy: It stays!

Comment

• I have tried that as my Honey strongly prefers there be nothing on the counters. But it is a royal PITA to pull out the stand mixer or the blender or coffee maker, all of which I generally use pretty regularly. My bread box is from MIL's kitchen and stores my teas. Toaster oven is used most days as well. I could do a better job of drying pots/pans/etc and putting them away as I wash them, this is what my mom does and Honey commented on how nice it looked. He is right of course and I am trying. We have a pretty good sized kitchen and most of the things on the counters are sort of hidden in corners so it doesn't generally look cluttered unless it is (ie. I need to do some cleaning). There is also the general pain of trying to find something once you have cleverly found a place for it. And a little bit of clutter, to me, can make a place feel more like a home and less like a showroom.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post

I could find a spot for the compost pail under the sink. I worry that I would 'forget' about emptying it, if it were out of sight.
                                My compost bucket is under the sink and trust me, you won't forget that it is there! Every eggshell, coffee filter, produce scrap reminds you. You can only balance just so much on the top of the pile before it has to be emptied.
                                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X