No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, although obviously I respect her decision I got a very sinking feeling.
    My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Happy New Year!

Comment

• Happy 2015 to you as well!
        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Hi Sabine. Checking in. I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas! Here's to another 12 months of awesomeness!
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Thanks, Jenn. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Comment

• Grrr. Russell Stovers candy box.

Comment

• Talking Tidying

This is pulled over from The Walrus' journal, where we have been talking tidying/tossing.

The categories Marie suggests for tidying by category, are a little too broad for me. I don't mind starting with clothes, but as that is not much of a problem for me, I don't think I would have more than 8 items to toss. I did a big clear out of my wardrobe a couple years ago, and have kept it up.

But that miscellaneous category, boy howdy, have I got a lot of that.

Here is my break down of things that fit into miscellaneous:

Quilting stuff
                Knitting stuff
                General personal crafting stuff
                Family crafting supplies and tools
                Writing papers
                Office supplies
                Gardening stuff
                Photographs
                Albums/scrapbooking supplies
                Abandoned projects
                Movies
                Tools
                Old toys

Plus, the other categories she allows for:
                Books
                Linens
                Kitchen stuff
                Memorabilia

And there may be stuff I have forgotten about!

I am deciding which of these has the LEAST amount of emotional baggage attached to it, to start there. One of the difficulties will be gathering it all, in one spot, while Eldest and Middlest are here.

Comment

• Empty candy boxes make great drawer liners.

Comment

• I have noticed that I am starting to hold on to things again, little piles showing up here and there throughout the house. Time to reverse the process.
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                      Empty candy boxes make great drawer liners.
                      Heehee. I thought about it!

Comment

• Or to hold jewelry.
                        Female 55
                        Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                        Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• You know, that is another category for me to tackle. I rarely wear jewelery, and don't have much, but still more than I use, with a jumble in my jewelery box that should be gone through.

Comment

• Once you start looking, really casting a critical eye on your surroundings, it is amazing what crops up!

Comment

• Excercise

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances." -U.S. Constitutional Amendment

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

This weekend I went to see 'The Interview'.

I had seen the preview a couple of months ago, and had only the slightest desire to see it. I thought I would probably check it out in a year or so, after it hit the library shelves, as it wasn't really my type of film.

Then the hackers had a go at Sony, and major theater chains declined to show the film, due to security concerns.

It became a patriotic duty for me, that I see this film, and pay money to do so.

The theater showing the film had a selection of North Korean cartoons and a bit from a British documentary about North Korea playing beforehand. Very interesting. One of the things that blew me away was that in apartments in Pyongyang state-run radios are installed in the kitchens, and are made to be permanently ON.

I'm so glad we have the freedom to express ourselves, and the ability to not listen to others expressing themselves if we choose to turn away. Both important, though I hope I will continue to challenge myself to listen to views outside my normal purview. On my long drives taking Middlest to and from college, I usually hit up some radio stations with diametrically opposed views from my own. Pretty eye-opening, at least in small doses.

And although 'The Interview' is not my normal kind of film, I did enjoy parts of it. Intriguingly enough, the 'death' of the North Korean president does not come down to an assassination(the characters decide against it, led by a North Korean) but rather to a fight/self-defense situation.

Also, some funny Lord of the Rings commentary, with a 'Frodo' who succeeds in destroying his ring! Woohoo!!

Comment

• I'm rereading The Bedrock Journal. Some of it is great fun, but I am just getting to the point of her mother failing. It is sad, knowing what is coming.

I've also hit the recent edits, which gives me a strange feeling.

One of the good parts, is seeing people who are still commenting in the journal, on their first few appearances.

And being reminded of some good info. I'd like to take notes, but there would just be too much. I'm just going to let it all flow in, and rely on the things I need to be reminded of NOW, sticking.

Looking forward to the belly-dancing showing up.

Comment

Working...
                                X