Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures, please of the outfits.

What fun you are having and getting your exercise working on the wood pile!

P.S. I have a need to reduce myself and just got back from the transit station (dump).
    Female back to the basics: 5-2017
    CW: 2017: 150
    GW: 130 a dream, I know
    Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Pam, I am going to to the dump too, on Monday or Tuesday, after I break down these mega-pallets. Luckily, we are allowed two loads per month.

I still have not figured out how to get pictures onto my journal, so y'all will have to take my word for it, that Littlest looks MARVELOUS. 'Cause she does.

Comment

• I have a load to take on Monday.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Day before Yesterday's Haiku

Molecules trade place
          Woodchipper transformation
          Sunlight tomato

Comment

• Yesterday's Haiku

Abjure the straight shot
            A winding path for beauty
            Civilization

Comment

• I did not get to the computer over the weekend, but I still wrote my haiku. The woodchipper one was composed on the way to the dollar theater with Honey. We saw 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' which we reluctantly give two thumbs down. It was very slow, and had too many annoying inconsistencies and plain stupid moments. The CGI was amazing, though.

Winding Path was composed during my hike at Arbor Hills yesterday. The off-road bicycling trail there serves double-duty for hikers(you just go in the opposite direction, for safety.), so I was engaged in lots of winding cut-backs. It made me think of how usually humans are interested in getting for A to B with the least amount of effort, and the different reasons we choose(exercise, obstacles, beauty) to take a longer path, and how having the luxury to have other reasons to consider is one of the pillars of civilization.

Today I am heading to the dump, so we'll see if that sparks any trash heap haiku.

Made a huge pot of soup yesterday, which I will be using for a moderate Down Day today.

My focus for today: 'Where a rose is planted, a thistle cannot grow." It is the sentiment I want to focus on, but I like thistles. Does any one know of a similar proverb/quote which doesn't rag on thistles?
              Last edited by Sabine; 10-20-2014, 05:44 AM. Reason: duplication due to paraentheses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes'

Did you know that the above was filmed at Lake Mead? I was there pre-children (too long ago) and have always wanted to go back and rent a boat to explore. I do hear, though, that with the water situation the lake level has dropped dramatically.

P.S. Don't think I could sit through that movie a 2nd time.
                I like thistles too and actually have some that bloom a luscious blue at the end of the summer. Forget their botanical name.
                Female back to the basics: 5-2017
                CW: 2017: 150
                GW: 130 a dream, I know
                Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Recently, a few of my friends on Facebook have posted a cartoon that is basically a stick figure riding a bike, in the first image he is riding along and is headed to point B and the path looks quite straight. In the second image you can see that he is about to go up and down and round and round before he gets to B. It is a commentary on life and how rare it is that we ever get to point B in that straight line. They have all made the point about how sad it is. Of course to me, the straight shot looks rather boring, and the zig zag much more interesting, and I say so in the comments. They have rarely agreed, but to me it is all about the journey.

How about..."Your mind is a Garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds." (William Wordsworth) or "Plant dreams, pull weeds, and grow a happy life" unknown

we have a local group that helps women get back on their feet. The women make lotions and soaps and such from Thistle and sell them. Welcome to Thistle Farms
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hi Sabine. Your wood pile sounds like our "stump heap". When we built our house, we had to cut down a tree and pull out a stump in order for our house to fit on the lot per city specifications. That stump was moved about 10 foot from where it was originally located as a tree. Brad attempted twice to burn said stump, then we just started tossing more brush on top of it with every intention of dousing in fuel and burning. But as luck would have it, three new trees grew out of this heap so we don't feel we can burn it now. Bunnies breed in our pile every year.
                    Primal since March 5, 2012
                    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Haiku

Half full of talent
                      A mouthful is not enough
                      When you thirst for skill

Comment

• Feeling glum this morning.

If you stand at the sink, prep your water, and move dirty dishes through it with the appropriate vigor, you get clean dishes.

Sitting down at your computer, however, and prepping your mind, and moving your fingers with vigor holds no guarantees that you get anything worthwhile at the end of it.

Comment

• Ah, sorry you're feeling glum Hope things brighten up.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• well I will tell you what I tell my kids, get something down, and you can edit when you are in a better mood, even if it means dumping most of what you put down now, there will be glimmers in there, I promise.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Haiku

Patio dinner
                              Cool breeze and no bugs annoy
                              No places to set

Comment

• Haiku

Treading the same ground
                                Familiar sights unwelcome
                                Tie on the blindfold

Comment

Working...