No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a lovely idea to hand letter them, you must keep a journal though. Seems it would be a good thing to add to that.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
      I can't seem to translate Haikus.
      Do you mean you can't get your mind to get your ideas into the format?
      Or you can't figure out what the heck they are saying?

Comment

• I can't figure out what they're saying. I can't translate them into English. lol
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Hmmm. Makes me wonder if I should try a haiku in German or Spanish? Maybe for bonus points in November.

Comment

• Well, we should be writing them in Japanese!
            My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• that would be pretty
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Eldest is learning Japanese; maybe he could help me.

Comment

• Haiku

Protected by shade
                  Paired off in ghostly embrace
                  Death's emblem as shield

Stuck to English on this one.

Comment

• Haiku

Meine Muttersprach
                    seit Jahrelang nicht benuetzt
                    Aber immer da.

Comment

• Kittens!
                      Full report later.

Comment

• Haiku

Dogs in a frenzy
                        A woodpile kitten surprise
                        Woodchuck's worth of sweat

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                          Meine Muttersprach
                          seit Jahrelang nicht benuetzt
                          Aber immer da.
                          I put that into google translator. It's a beautiful sentiment.

Baby kittens - yay!
                          Please post many photographs
                          Who's a pretty kitty?
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Haiku

When young, Death should be
                            Dad's dentist's cousin's trainer.
                            Not your barista.
                            Last edited by Sabine; 10-17-2014, 04:25 PM. Reason: refined my word choice

Comment

• Thanks, Joanie! I was pleased I could actually come up with one in German. Spanish will be trickier.

Comment

• Copying from the Walrus

Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.
                                - Carl Gustav Jung

How true this is. And how easy to turn away from these moments, instead of using them to delve deeper into ourselves.

And in kitten news:

So, the dogs were barking, barking, barking in the yard. I saw a black cat out there a couple times, and figured that was part of it, but after one too many barks, I went out to investigate further and found... kittens. Honey tore the woodpile apart to get them.

(A brief explanation of our woodpile may be required at this point. One of our communal flaws is that we are bad about clearing away old projects, before we begin new ones. The layers of our 'woodpile', moving out from the side of the outbuilding were:

Straw bales(from archery period)
                                Padded target(ditto)
                                tomato cages(from the tomato period)
                                bags of leaves(from the second archery period)
                                strange pallets, consisting of double layers of plywood and foam (from the bike jumps period)
                                stacks and stack and stacks of wood(from the downed tree period)

Weeds, and vines, growing up through all of it, and leaves sifting down from above.

It is a formidable pile.

Or was.)

We were unsuccessful in our attempts to trap the mamacat. (These attempts were too various and aggravating to detail.)

The shelter agreed to take the kittens after some panic on my part. (Tedious regulations.)

Littlest and I gave them two feeding while they were with us. Littlest had the bottle, and I was in charge of the butt wiping(typical!). I had to go buy kitten formula. I am NOT a cat person. I am a dog person. Cats make my eyes itch. But these were pretty cute. We estimate 4 weeks. Three boys and one girl. We named the girl Citizen Four, and one of the boys Pickle.

I am now engaged in hauling away all the trash from the pile, raking up the debris, and restacking everything neatly. I may be done by spring.

I may not.

Also, Homecoming is this weekend. Littlest has a mum that is just about larger than she is. It includes lights, a teddy bear, and a cow bell. Her date went all out. I made a base garter for her to give to him, and she went wild with ribbons, paint, glitter, and scissors. (NPR has a story on the Texas Homecoming Mum tradition, if you are unfamiliar.) She found a blue dress at the thrift store($4.04) and I beaded it for her. The football game was last night, and she is spending today primping for the dinner and dance.

Comment

Working...
                                X