No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw a little gecko, on my watermelon trellis. A sight to make me smile. Which I needed. I am not living up to my hopes for myself. I hate being such a needy, unforgiving person.

Seems a mean trick that you can know how you want to be, and yet have such a hard time achieving it.

Sigh.

Good thing for geckos.

Comment

• You still seem pretty amazing to me. I have my own moments of needy, I don't have a good enough memory for unforgiving except of myself.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Sadly, I can hold a grudge for a long time. It is one of my worst faults.

Grudgy and judgmental. Maybe that should be my haiku today.

Comment

• I am grudgy and judgmental too. I try not to be judgmental, but grudgy I can't shake.
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I'm often needy, grudgy, judgmental. I'm finding a lot of things about myself since I've had the kids! [You strike me as pretty dag gum amazing]
            -- Ruth

Comment

• I have mostly let go of judgmental I think. I once made a remark about someone and my daughter's response made me realize that I was being judgmental. This was years ago and I have been working on it ever since. But I can't let my guard down. And again my memory is way too bad to consider holding a grudge.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Haiku

Starlight on skunk stripe
                Man in the moon homeward bound
                The sun waits on you

Comment

• Something to remember

Pasting this from Funny CW thread, as a reminder:

"I am actually beginning to think the lucky ones are the ones who do get obese. Why? Inflammation happens when you eat carbs. When you get obese it means your fat cells are still open to store the fat and get blood sugar out of the body where it can do a lot of damage.

I'd rather glycation not be happening and get obese than be skinny fat and perhaps developing type 2 even sooner.

Of course I like my wonderful health now best, no thank you to too many carbs regardless if I get obese or not. But it is no 'sweet deal' not getting obese from carbs if you think of it holistically."
                  Larry nAustin

Comment

• Haiku

A lonely duty
                    Seven mo'ai face the sea
                    Village life unseen

Comment

• Haiku

Sudden quiet is
                      the first hint of my alarm
                      looking back on noise

Comment

• Haiku

To desire a rat:
                        kill it. Blood between your teeth
                        Makes you want to dig

Comment

• Haiku

Ten minutes for you
                          Carpool, shuttle, traffic jam.
                          Three hundred for me.

Comment

• The haiku are so very intriguing.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I am finding them to be a good creative exercise. I might hand-letter them at the end of the month, and make myself a little book.

Vegetable triumvirate last night: stewed turnip greens, sweet and sour red cabbage, and turmeric-roasted cauliflower. Yum. All to accompany lamb meat balls, of which, unfortunately, there were not enough. Plus mint jelly.

Comment

• I can't seem to translate Haikus.
                                Primal since March 5, 2012
                                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Working...
                                X