Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am scared by the Ebola threat too.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• You guys are haiku demons. Are we allowed to count haikus written for us? I have some beauties in my journal.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I am trying to stay calm about it, but it is trickier when I drove right by that apartment complex last week! Really brings it close to home, you know?

Comment

• Oh my... super scary! Please instruct hubby and or children (or dogs) to notify us if by some terrible chance you fall ill, ok?
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
            You guys are haiku demons. Are we allowed to count haikus written for us? I have some beauties in my journal.
            Any and all haiku are welcome!
            My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Haiku

Transmission of guilt
              Life needs an intimate pause
              Duplicitous sweat

Comment

• How can sweat be duplicitous? I am curious.
                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Well, this haiku is about Ebola. I was thinking about how the bodily systems that are vital for our life to continue, in particular, sweat cooling us off, are the methods by which others are endangered. So, here we think the sweat is just cooling us, but the virus has made it into a deceptive fluid, hijacking it for its own purposes. I also like the connotation of 'duo' within the word, suggesting there are both two entities involved, the innocent sweat, and the virus, AND the two people, 'sweater' and recipient.

So glad you are stopping by my journal, Honeybuns. It is nice to see you.

Comment

• Sabine, I am fascinated by your explanation of the haiku and impressed with what you were able to do in so few syllables in the haiku itself!
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Comment

• Haiku

False capacity:
                        the cuckoo's ploy. Be empty
                        The vessel has worth

Comment

• Haiku

The tree is cut but
                          Routine negates needed hope
                          Stubborn saplings spring

Comment

• Haiku

I cannot stockpile
                            the daily walk for water
                            Move and drink or die

Comment

• As you may have guessed from today's haiku, I have re-instituted my daily walks to Aldi.

I trimmed all the dried/dead foliage from the tomato plants this morning, and they look wonderful. New tomatoes are budding out all over. We also have DOZENS of peppers in progress.

For today's Down Day lunch I had a spinach salad, and I was reminded of Canio's comment: One does not simply do ONE slice of bacon.

So, I had one and a half slices.

Comment

• That is willpower! I usually eat at least 2 slices while I am "testing" to see if it is done, which I know is a visual test, but one can never be too sure.

I miss Canio
                                Chris
                                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Working...
                                X