No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My up days are so confusing. I really want to eat something good but nothing sounds that good.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yes. But, if I don't eat enough, especially protein, down days are more difficult (not impossible by any means, but for sure more difficult).
      -- Ruth

Comment

• That is exactly the crux of the problem. I want to eat. I want it to be worth the time and enough to mentally and physically carry me through tomorrow. But nothing sounds good enough.

I had an avocado with bacon and a bit of mayo for my snack. Making some ginger tea right now. Thinking veggie frittata for dinner.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• We had sushi for dinner, and I was so stuffed by the end of the day that I am glad today is an Down Day.

Got a nice, although short, walk to the library this morning. A little hot, but a lovely breeze.
          Last edited by Sabine; 09-04-2014, 10:34 AM. Reason: Down, not Up!

Comment

• see I was thinking the opposite...I was so stuffed when I went to bed last night that I am glad today is a down day. Oh and yes, hungry already, crazy!
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Oops, I put Up, instead of Down. I meant, glad today is a DOWN Day. Fixed it.

But the reason I got on is, I'm feeling anxious. Couple of reasons why, but the upshot is, I am anxious.

It is a Down Day, and my plan was to have some pork rinds later, if I wanted to munch on something. I am NOT hungry now. But as soon as I got back in the house, I started moving towards those pork rinds.

Until I stopped myself, and decided to just FEEL anxious. It is unpleasant, but it is not going to kill me. I need to learn some new coping mechanisms. I cannot just be eating to smother my feelings, whether I am fat or thin. It's not healthy.

So, I did some rug twining, and now I am typing. Who knows if it will work, eventually, if not now. But I am trying. I am NOT stuffing my face with pork rinds.

Comment

• the best thing for me to do when I want to eat and am not hungry is to get my hands busy, like you did, knitting or painting. If it is really bad, and there are feelings I am trying to escape, then I get in the car and find some errand to do (fill up the car, try on shoes, etc). It is odd but driving is very soothing for me, and it allows me to feel my feelings in privacy no possibility of interruption and no chance of trying to tamp it down with food. I do a lot of my crying/grieving in the car. I keep a box of kleenex in the console next to the driver's seat.

I am sorry about your anxiety, mine almost always waits to show up until I am lying in bed trying to fall asleep.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• I do the same thing. If I'm anxious, I want to eat. It gives me something to occupy myself with. Work doesn't help. One would think throwing yourself into work would keep you busy enough, but it's not enough. Driving makes me want to smoke (former smoker who smoked a lot while driving). When I quit smoking, I replaced it with popping chewy candies (hot tamales, skittles, etc).

Today I'm anxious. I want something crunchy yet chewy (like a cookie) and also sweet, but poppable so I can continue the hand to mouth activity - so maybe a bag of those little vanilla creme filled cookies... yep, that's what I want.
                  Primal since March 5, 2012
                  SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Note to self:

Down Day plus Peanut Butter is Not a good combination.

Comment

• Ah peanut butter...my lover, my enemy.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• My nemesis on a down day is nuts. I don't know why I think I can have just a few, or even if I did, why I think it would satisfy? But I keep going back to those little jewels.

Today is a down day for me. I am committing to no calories until at least 2:30, but really shooting for 4:30.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Random notes

Honey-mustard glazed chicken wrapped in bacon for dinner last night, with sweet potatoes. Yum.

I am tired of laying floorboards. Where are the elves?!

The splurge for today's Down Day is a splash of cranberry juice in seltzer water.

I am finding it difficult to re-establish my morning forum habit. Life tasks keep intruding.

I have finished the twined pieces for my ottoman. I am now collecting 2-liter bottles for the base. At the rate Honey drinks soda, I think it will be two months before I have enough.

30 cabbage seedlings, growing in their tray.

Comment

• busy busy busy.

I hate when I start a project and get bored with it half way through, especially if it is a home improvement and I can't just walk away from it. (like painting the miles of trim in our bedroom, blah).
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Thinking of doing a little Shovelglove.

Comment

• ??
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X