Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying jacmac's comment from Pebbles' journal for reference:

Our adult son was diagnosed with Aspergers when he was about 5. He is 23 now. He was also a very picky eater, since going primal he has changed enormously. He eats a wide variety of food, any many many of his asperger traits are gone... completely. He makes statements now like what was I thinking back then? He can still be a little awkward and stuff that others learnt early on in their childhood is being learnt now but I am forever grateful he found this way of eating.

He chose to eat primal himself as an adult and embraced the lifestyle. Your boy may not choose to do this ever but thought it would be helpful to know of the possibilities. As a parent I was always concerned about what his life would be like now I am much less fearful.

Comment

• Nice to see you back! Hey, Ecks is back! Check out his thread.
      My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Just did, after catching up on your thread. I see you took down the rack picture before I got a chance to see it. Too hot for MDA?

Comment

• Don't worry, you didn't miss anything. I was stretching my boundaries a little. A lot. It really wasn't anything racy!

Comment

• I don't know, the guys sounded pretty stoked!

Comment

• Sabine, Sabine, Sabine! It doesn't take much!

Comment

• Heehee. That's boys for you.

Comment

• Glad you popped in to say 'hi'. Missed you!
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    Oh, Liquid Fat Bomb, how I adore you.
                    In taste, how like a shake, though thinner.
                    You keep me full until my dinner.
                    Your nutritional charms are manifest.
                    Of all egg drinks, I love you best.

oh this is soooo great!! thank you for the grin.

Comment

• so glad you are back, can't wait to hear your adventures. Very happy you are all healthy. and what is the recipe for the liquid fat bomb of which you waxed poetic and was newly brought to our attention?
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Oh my goodness, Liquid Fat Bombs! I would have to go back and look for it. I wonder if I could try it with just yolks, and no whites? PinkAeryse, glad you enjoyed my little poem. And welcome to my journal. I don't remember seeing you here before.

As I type, I am frying up a large batch of bacon. Part to use in my lunch (salmon patty with artichoke mayo and a large side of warm spinach salad[hence, the bacon]), part to replenish our drippings jar(but sadly, this batch is not giving off as much bacon juice as I would like), and part because, well, BACON! Honey will be glad to have it in the fridge for a snacking tonight. The dogs keep looking into the kitchen, salivating.

Latest thing I am doing right now is more twining. I finished a rug(black, red, and burgundy, all made from old clothes) which I am going to send to Eldest. He and his girlfriend are moved into their place on the East Coast. Girlfriend is looking for work, and Eldest is ready to start classes, both the ones he will be taking, and the ones he will be teaching.

My new piece is an ottoman. I am doing a circular piece on a hula hoop for the top, and a long, skinny strip for the sides. The bottom will be vinyl. The frame and innards will be taped together two-liter plastic bottles, topped with foam. The fabric is from some sheets and bed skirts that I got at the thrift store. It is pretty snazzy, done in the colors of our living room to be(red, tan, gold, and white), not our current furniture(dark green). Bean has already discovered that sleeping in the center of the frame as it is being worked on, is the perfect spot.

Comment

• sounds wonderful!

Is Eldest going for a PhD?

If you bake the bacon do you get enough fat drippings that way? I hate frying it, such a mess.
                          Chris
                          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• He's mentioned that he might do a doctorate, but Master's first, in either case.

If I am doing a massive amount of bacon I do it in the oven, otherwise I just fry it. I don't find it oppressive.

Comment

• Hi Sabine. Missed you.
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                                Hi Sabine. Missed you.
                                What this smart lady said.

Comment

Working...
                                X