No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can relate.............. thanks for putting in out there.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Successful Down Day on Friday. Successful Up Weekend(not too crazy with treats). Planning on a good Down Day today, with some broth, and raw vegetables.

Yesterday we had quite a few things straight from our garden on the dinner table. Roasted beets, turnips, and spring onions, and some zucchini and raw peas.

Also: new puppy! She's adorable, and, like all puppies, a LOT of work. A minpin-chihuahua-dachshund mix. We are still figuring out what her name should be.

Somewhere in between today, and feeling good about it.

Comment

• Sounds like you are getting back on track. Good for you!

Yay for a new puppy too.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• congrats on getting back on track. You are my inspiration, so it feels good when you manage the program to fit your life.

another puppy? fun
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I heard something the other day about Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, that's appropo. It's where people go to compare lives.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
            "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

Comment

• One of the things I like about other people's journal is seeing how they are doing things, or why, or learning something completely new. And then sometimes, I see something that drives me wild, which is a good lesson to me, for things I need to avoid.

Comment

• A passable Down Day yesterday. I had some diet jello(not very primal, but I DID add extra gelatin ), mushrooms, and dill pickles. Under 100K for the day, but the most important part was being committed to DOING IT! Honey bailed with just a few hours to go. Guess watching 'Chopped' episodes fired up his hunger.

Today I am planning some nice, hearty meals. I just filed the crock-pot with a (grass-fed!)beef roast, potatoes, carrots, and some homemade broth for tonight. We're going to add a fresh lettuce salad from the garden, with one or two broccoli sprigs per plate. Somehow, one broccoli plant got in among our turnips. Of course, it is already going to seed, as it is way too warm for broccoli, but it will be fun to have the token sprig. And the stems will make a good stirfry.

Breakfast is going to be some pork scallopini and shrimp with mushrooms. Lunch is...sashimi! And I have some ripe peaches on my counter which will make a good snack.

Our Kroger is selling raspberries for 99cents per carton. I'm thinking of buying a batch and freezing them this afternoon. Such a deal.

Comment

• Wow, you are doing so well.

Kroger selling raspberries for 99 cents is insane!

While traveling with my daughter, she took me to her favorite sushi restaurant. During the week it is half price sushi, We ate a huge plate full of fantastic sushi for $16 plus tip. On the way back through town 3 of us ate for $23 plus tip. And it is the best sushi I have ever had! Need to find a place like that where I don't have to drive 3 hours one way to enjoy it though.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hi Sabine. I'm glad things seem to be getting better. And YAY puppy!! Pics?
                    Primal since March 5, 2012
                    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Puppy! Where are some pics! I really like your list on how to deal with your stress. I think I may borrow some of those ideas and tweak them to work for me.
                      Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                      Primal low: 186 lbs
                      Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                      Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Puppy!!!!!!!
                        My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Yesterday Salem and Chloe did some mild frisking with her. It is good to see her being assimilated into the pack. Still no name decided.

We had lettuce, zucchini, and peas from the garden last night. And our first tomato fell off the vine. Not quite red enough, but it dropped into Littlest's hands when she was checking it, so we are letting it finish on the counter. The sight of red peeking through the vines is very exciting. The first cucumbers are forming.

I ate too much fruit yesterday, and felt decidedly gassy because of it. Note to self: grapes + raspberries + peaches = NO! Looking forward to my Down Day today to recover.

I discovered a taste sensation last Saturday, when I brought a cooked sweet potato along on our 500 mile car drive. Sausage patty topped with mashed sweet potato, topped with hash brown patty, topped with more sweet potato and some ketchup, topped with another sausage patty. Eat like a burger. Yum. I have a meeting at a McDonald's tomorrow. I am going to try something similar.

Oh, and I froze 6 cartons of raspberries yesterday, for future use. The deal at Kroger was too good to pass up.
                          Last edited by Sabine; 06-04-2014, 06:10 AM. Reason: raspberries!

Comment

• so jealous of the garden. One of these days.....
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• My tomato plants are still only 4 inch tall single weak stem stalks with a few leaves... I'm hoping they start growing. They had a day where they got a bit dry and droopy on the porch. I watered them and they perked back up, but they're very dark in color like they may have gotten a bit of frost bite one night. Looking pretty sorry. I'm hoping they perk up and start growing now that they're in the ground and no longer in seed starters. Luckily, we didn't get the 5-7 inches of rain forecasted yesterday or they'd be even more stressed!
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• We will be eating our first tomato tonight. Along with a zucchini, some chard, peas, and maybe some turnips. I am loving this!

Have a bit of a hard Down Day yesterday, with a headache, and feeling edgy. I think it was the crash from too much fruit. Munching on dill pickles got me through, along with a few bite of liverwurst. I will do better today. I made a big pot of pork/duck broth/carrot/celery/cabbage/tomato soup, and I will be eating off that through the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X