Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Sabine! Missing you!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Hi Sabine, I've been wondering how you are doing and here I find you haven't been around for a while! Hopefully all is well your end of the world and we are looking forward to catching up with your goings on.
      Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
      Primal low: 186 lbs
      Current weight: 221.4 lbs
      Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Impossible to cover everything, so here's the highlights

Thanks for the greetings, all! I HAVE been busy. We drove to Indiana for Eldest's graduation. Granted, we are in the north of Texas, and he was in the south of Indiana, but it was still a trek. We did it in one day there, one day back.

It was a great visit. I was so proud, seeing him graduate. And, magna cum laude, if I am permitted to brag.

He showed us all around his campus beforehand. I had been there when I dropped him off four years ago, but it was the first time for Honey and the girls. It is a beautiful campus, just what you think of when you imagine a small town campus. Beautiful buildings, courtyards tucked away in odd corners, a chapel, spreading oak trees and lawns, chunky dorms, a touching memorial to fallen students, shiny gym buildings. His girlfriend joined us halfway through the tour. It was good to see her again, and meet her on her own turf. She was more relaxed than the first time we met, and I feel like I got to see her personality shine through.

After graduation we took the whole crew, including Girlfriend and Girlfriend's family out to dinner, and really enjoyed ourselves, basking in the glory of the graduates. And eating delicious Chinese food.

Then we drove back, with Eldest squeezed into the back with his sisters. We had him home for five days, during which I got onto the computer not at all. (I also completely disregarded my food choices, with the result that my pants are feeling snug. I had a solid Down Day yesterday, and am hoping to get back into a good routine, fasting on MWF.)

Now he is back in Indiana, working for the summer before he heads off to graduate school in Massachusetts in the fall. Busy times!

And, of course, that is just the most recent reason for my absence. before that I drove down to pick Middlest up from college. Boy, was that a long day. We made a side trip, so that she could visit with some friends, and had to experience Austin's rush hour traffic. Ugh. I was amazed by the number of homeless people there. I guess the warm weather really impacts the numbers. Or the (relatively) liberalness of Austin. It is funny to think of ANY area in Texas being liberal, but we do have our pockets. I go by the 'do unto others' school of thought for beggars/panhandlers, so I dropped a bit that I was not expecting. Hard times.

And it has been great to have Middlest home. She is sleeping A LOT! And eating nutritious food. She said she had Lucky Charms with, if not for the entirety, of every meal her last week at schools. I am stuffing her full of vegetables and meat, to compensate. Today we are going out to shop for her second birthday gift, a pair of Vibrams. And there will be a sushi lunch thrown in there, too.

Honey, Littlest, and the pups are all fine, doing their normal things. Littlest can't wait for the school year to be over. She has a one week break before summer school starts, and I know she will enjoy it. The two of us have been working in the garden a lot. We are on the verge of harvesting more than lettuce. It is a race between the turnips and the peas, which we will get to taste first. Unless the zucchini comes from behind(as is their wont) and takes the lead.

Comment

• Ooh, waving 'hi'. Back to comment more specifically later...was just so excited to "see" you!!!
          -- Ruth

Comment

• And by the way, what is with the new security set up. I had my previous password for over a year, yet after 35 days they are asking me to change this one? It seems a bit soon.

Comment

• Hi, Ruth! I am quailing at the amount of catch-up reading I have ahead of me. I may be a bit scarce in commenting, though I know you, at least, will have been busy, busy, busy with your boys.

Comment

• Lovely update, Sabine! Congratulations on your son's graduation.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Hi Sabine, glad to have you back and to hear of all the good things happening. I love it when someone returns from an absence because GOOD things happened.

I had the same deal with my password, and what a pain getting it set up! Not sure of the reasons for the rather convoluted procedure.
                  My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Hi, Pebbles! Hi, Siobhan! I was just over catching up with y'all. Looks like we have all been having a good time lately.

Comment

• congrats on your son's graduation and move to graduate school! And have middlest home. This month is the month of transition regarding college students. Sounds like you came through pretty successfully!
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• A good Up Day yesterday. Soup and chicken wings for breakfast, a sushi and sashimi splurge for lunch, Cobb salad at dinner, and some sorbet with a banana and candies pecans for dessert.

Today I am drinking water like a madwoman, as I woke up parched.

Comment

• Welcome back! The password thing is getting annoying IMO. Every month or so you have to change your password? Even my bank doesn't require that!!

Congratulations on Eldest's achievements! It sounds like you all have had lots of family time which is very special and worth gaining a pound or two You know how to dump those couple of pounds so no worries!
                          Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                          Primal low: 186 lbs
                          Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                          Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Busy!

Comment

• Emotional stuff

So, I don't know why this took so long to click for me. I just realized that something that happened with Littlest last month has been causing me a great deal of stress.

When it happened, I knew it was an upsetting thing, and I was prepared to be upset for a while. But I thought I was dealing with it.

And I guess I was, but in my default way of dealing with things, which has been to eat.

No wonder it has been so hard for me to stick to a routine.

I need to ACTIVELY deal with my stress, not assume I am dealing with it, while wondering why my eating habits have gone off the rails.

So...what am I going to do for myself?

I'm going to take long walks and talk to myself.
                              I'm going to take long reading baths, to disconnect.
                              I'm going to do easy craft and organizing projects, with lots of little steps that I can check off, to feel I am accomplishing.
                              I'm going to have a weekly massage for the next month.

I'm going to ACCEPT that I am stressed. I am going to ACCEPT that everything is not perfect and needs attention, and that that is OKAY and PERFECTLY NORMAL!

I am going to take care of myself, too.

Comment

• This is probably not the case with you, but this is as good a time as any to talk about something that bothers me in general - it seems with social media, etc., the world exists in two states - either you are living in a constant state of ecstatic bliss or you are barely surviving at the bottom on the abyss. And the fact is that pretty much all of us are somewhere in between. It can be hard to maintain perspective when one is constantly bombarded with images of 1) other people's perfect lives or 2) other people's horrible lives. And one cannot work on everything all of the time. Sometimes things just have to be. And is okay to not always be either happy or sad or some nameable emotion. Sometimes we just have to drift a little and not try to solve everything.

Again, this is ME talking, and is obviously not what you are experiencing. But I kinda feel like saying it, and this seems like a good place. Maybe somebody can relate.
                                Last edited by Siobhan; 05-30-2014, 05:09 PM.
                                My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Working...
                                X