No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I toss in a piece of fruit that's about the size of 1T, say a slice of apple, a medium strawberry, a chunk of pineapple, two blackberries, or four raspberries. That amount seems to give just enough flavour, without too much sweetness. I use the flesh of the fruit, although for some, I am sure the skin/rind would be good, too.

Comment

• I saw a sign yesterday, which I loved:

If you're
      waiting
      for a sign
      THIS
      IS IT

I am tempted to go back and buy it. Or put my crafty powers to work and make my own.

Successful Down Day yesterday.

The Down Days when you don't even think of food are wonderful, so easy, but even more satisfying are the ones when you DO, and are able to make a rational decision to wait. Not an edge-of-my-seat-hanging-on-for-dear-life-but-I-am-going-to-do-it decision, though those have their own satisfactions, but just a nope-not-worth-it-I-will-wait. It is so satisfyingly UNemotional.

Eating meat and veg soup for breakfast today. It has rather a hodgepodge of bones in it: beef, lamb, AND pork, but turned out delicious.

Comment

• Personally prefer the down days when I don't think of food. While the others are satisfying when I am successful they are not as pleasant to endure!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ready for another good Down Day today. Now that I am getting close to my weigh-in time, I am feeling nervous about how the maintenance is going. If I am doing the rotations, and not going crazy, I know that will help me feel (mentally) better.

Comment

• How are your tightest pants still fitting? Bet you are doing great!
            -- Ruth

Comment

• They still fit, but I can tell there is belly bloat from all the sugar I ate this weekend.

Comment

• Have you gotten the pains figured out? One thing you know is that you have the method to take the weight back down if you are up a pound or two!
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Strawberry kombucha.....mmmmm!

I finished weaving in all the ends on my striped thigh-high socks! Now the big decision: garters, or no garters? Also, I must start hunting in the thrift-store for a plaid skirt I can turn into a school-girl mini. Next knitting project: finishing a red shawl that has been sitting around for a while. Nothing fancy, just something to use up three stray balls of sock yarn.

Dug half a cubic yard of compost this morning, from the compost bin into the new garden bed. Lots of worms. One scary centipede/millipede thing. I did this while wearing shorts and a bra. I am determined to get my vitamin D. Also walked the dogs around the local pond(wearing more socially acceptable garments). We saw ducklings. And there are three goslings at the senior high!

Comment

• Thigh high socks? Ooh la la....

I want some strawberry kombucha. How about a trip over here?

Was DH around? I bet he would have enjoyed the attire.....
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• We haven't had the fashion show...yet. I want to hit him with the full outfit.

Having a hard time getting going this morning, for some reason. Heating up a bowl of soup for breakfast, and just slugging around.

Comment

• Did more digging yesterday. Once this bed is full, we will be planting beans, cucumbers, more tomatoes, and sweet potatoes. Honey is already keen to start digging for the next bed, but I have asked him to hold off. I don't want to spring for more lumber yet. It takes a chunk of the budget.

Meeting a friend today for a writing date. I got absorbed in my edits yesterday, and an hour flew by without me realizing. THAT'S how I like edits to go. Minimal agony.

Dinner last night was bacon-lettuce(from the garden!)-tomato-avocado sandwiches. I sprang for two slices of sourdough. They were tasty. Also whipped up some chia seed pudding(coffee-chocolate and vanilla), but it was not ready before bedtime. So, today I will look longingly at it(Down Day) and plan for tomorrow. Littlest just laughed at me when I complained about having to wait. I think she has designs on it herself.

Comment

• wow, you are very industrious

had not thought to use tea or coffee for my chia pudding, its obvious now that you say that.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Some day I'll make booch, then I'll try the chia pudding. If I can't eat at Chris's house, I want to be eating at Sabine's house
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• The chia pudding is a no brainer, literally about the easiest thing I have ever done.

Sabine is much more adventurous a cook than I am! Plus she is growing her own veggies, so that is where I want to go!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• The chocolate-coffee chia pudding was very tasty the first time I made. I want to try strawberry chia pudding next time. Although for 'regular' pudding I stick to the classic vanilla and chocolate, chia pudding is different enough to make me feel I can be adventurous.

Comment

Working...
                                X