No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought of you last night as I was reading PHD and they touched on the topic of autophagy.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Two days down. I am expecting today to be the hardest. Not in terms of hunger, exactly, more from just wanting to eat. The habit of eating is a hard one to get over. I will try to keep busy.

I did have fun yesterday, making food for the freezer. I did paleo granola bars and lamb broth. I also prepped the sushi rice for today. I am making Littlest and Honey a nice sushi lunch and dinner. Tuna, eel, seaweed salad, and squid. Plus green tea mochi for afters. I find the food prep and smells to be very enjoyable when I am fasting. Stirring up the granola was satisfying. Textures, crunchy noises, beautiful earthy colors. Luckily, not tempting at all, taste-wise. Just fun in other ways.

Our lettuce and radishes were the first ones to pop up their head in the garden. I love seeing that hint of green.

I am just kidding about the tins. (I think.) I have enough to do with all the supplies bursting out of my own house. (But tins! Useful tins! So hard to turn down!) I don't need to be searching out more. (Unless, they're like, super good, right?) No, really!

Fell asleep on the sofa last night, about 8:15. I choose to think that was my body's way of saying, 'We have a lot of work to do in here. Now, go to sleep, so we can do it!'

Comment

• I'm impressed that you can cook and fast. That's one of my issues -- if I'm by myself, fasting seems easy. I struggle if the family isn't also fasting with me.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• I do best when I am out and about running errands or at work.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            I am just kidding about the tins. (I think.) I have enough to do with all the supplies bursting out of my own house. (But tins! Useful tins! So hard to turn down!) I don't need to be searching out more. (Unless, they're like, super good, right?) No, really!
            Welllll....if Sabine decides to not take you up on your offer I might! I am upcycling things right now into altered art for my craft shows coming up. There are some really cute ways to use them. I'm thinking you are talking about altoid tins right? My sis in law just took some tins cans I altered & some mason jars to the big antique/flea market that she does this time of year. I have shows coming up & am always on the lookout for 'stuff' to make pretty. I would reimburse you for the postage of course. But only if Sabine decides she doesn't want them!

And now back to Sabine's regularly scheduled programming!!
            Last edited by theprimalcajun; 03-26-2014, 10:15 AM.
            Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• I will check and see what I have right now. I know I have about a half dozen small altoid tins, at least that many tea cylinders, and one nice cube shaped one. I will have to go through my hidden stashes and see what I kept (I hide things from the hubs).
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• lol. I tend to do the same thing!! Its ok that he buys things for his shop all the time, but what I buy or do for my craft room is just frivolous & un-necessary. Uh huh...suuuuurrrreeee. It's amazing after all these years he hasn't made the connection that a crafting/creating wife is a happy wife! They never learn do they?
                Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Tins, get thee behind me! Primalcajun, they are all yours.

I made a batch of six sushi rolls this morning, for Littlest and Honey. Also experimented with spring rolls for Littlest's breakfast. Now I am about to tackle my booch. I'm glad I can still enjoy food prep while I am fasting. Otherwise there would be a lot of salads and take-out going on for the family during my fasts.

Comment

• Alrighty then, I will PM PrimalCajun this weekend when I find what I have stashed and count it.

I make things I don't love when I am fasting. One pot pasta dishes mostly
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Last night Littlest and Honey had tuna sashimi, tuna rolls, eel rolls, seaweed salad, squid salad, and green tea mochi. It made me happy to see them enjoy it. I'm planning on some sashimi of my own on Friday.

No hunger pains yet on this fast, which seems kind of long to me(today is Day 4). In spite of my fears of yesterday being hard, it was nothing out of the ordinary. Which makes me wonder if TODAY will be hard. You know how runner tend to ease up at the end of a race!

Comment

• So amazed and impressed with your ability to fast!!!!!!!!!
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• How long will you be fasting?
                          Primal since March 5, 2012
                          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• This is my last day. I will be having fruit and fish tomorrow.

Comment

• do the long fasts clear up your pains?
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• They did not before, but my pains are almost gone now(!), so it may be different this time. I have not been saying much, because I get into the mode of thinking if I do, it will all change, but my pains now are very mild and infrequent. I even have days where I have no pains!

Comment

Working...
                                X