No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• actually, not seeing myself as obese or over weight has been true all my life, and I was never bullied and always had dates. On the down side, it is a form of denial and I can gain and not worry about it since I don't focus on it when I think of who I am and how I look. Double edged sword that.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Welcome back, Sabine!
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I may be holding myself differently; who can say? But the last incident which prompted this post was my size 12 butt sticking out of the hatchback of our car. Can butts look confident?

Maybe so!

Been eating from my pot of soup all day. It is an excellent batch. I used calf feet for the broth for the first time. Wow, talk about gelatin! I will definitely be using them in the future.

Comment

• Oh I bet your new size 12 skinny buns are very confident! Well yes there are obviously some situations in which smaller does attract attention of its own accord.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• The garden is in. We have carrots, beets, turnips, radishes, lettuce, chard, peas, cucumbers, zucchini, cabbages, and onions. Tomato and bell pepper plants standing by, waiting to go in at the full of the moon.

Comment

• yum! Some year I am going to do a veggie garden as well, not this one, but some day.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I want a garden...perhaps next year. Of course, I have a yard the size of a postage stamp (sigh, this is what DH likes and I capitulated on this issue), so not sure how much I can grow!!
                -- Ruth

Comment

• yes, my back yard is tiny and has a stone patio with fire fit in the middle. I plan a 4x8 raised bed.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• It's finally starting to warm up enough that I am itching to get out into the garden, but can't b/c of work... and this weekend is supposed to get cold and possibly snowy again. Your post about the garden being in makes me feel like I'm way behind or something. I don't even have my seeds started yet! Green bean and tomato seeds need to be getting planted very soon.

My garden last year was 12x24. I plan to expand a little bit this year.
                    Primal since March 5, 2012
                    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• A good weekend. Lots of garden action, though the pile of leaves and branches in the front yard is shrinking so slowly as to be ridiculous! We're going to have new leaves before the last of these old ones get gone.

Now that spring is here, it seems I always have dirt under my nails. I cannot keep up with keeping them clean. And it only a few days into spring!

Also did some sewing on more log cabin blocks, knitting on my knee socks, and making waffles. I am expecting a carb crash today, but that's how it goes. We had lamb shanks for the first time last night. So tender! I have to tell my butcher that I love them, so we get more in. And Honey requested another offal meal!

Spent Saturday morning at a meeting of a writers' group I belong to. I have not been in more than a year, so there were many comments about my weight. I didn't make much of it, but silently revelled.

I have been thinking about doing a longer fast again, and maybe in conjunction with my monthly cycle. Now that spring is here, the idea of a 'spring cleaning' also appeals. I usually like to plan, but this time, I am just going to throw myself into it. Four-day water and tea fast, beginning right now!

Comment

• I seem to have left my wintergreen Altoids fascination behind(but not before accumulating enough small tins for my Advent calendar! Yay!)

New fascination: DGL tablets and ginger. I started taking them as per Practical Paleo's advice for gut healing. At first, I shuddered every time I chewed the DGL. (Which stands for deglycyrrhizinated licorice. I have yet to look up what de-glycyrrhizination does for an item, and really, I don't care. I haven't even figured out how to pronounce it yet. I can see most of the syllable breaks, but that double 'rr' has thrown me for a loop. Is it meant to be a double, and attached to the 'r', or is it 'cyr' + 'rhiz'? And does it matter Probably not! )

In any case, I don't care for the taste of licorice. But I'm working on healing my gut, so I choked it down. I follow it with a chaser of ginger. I still don't like it, but I find it oddly satisfying. And since all things gut are getting better, bit by bit, I am going to keep it up.

And...the ginger comes in a neat tin!

P.S. First day of the fast went well. On to number two.

Comment

• Good luck with the fast.

I need to do some real work on healing my gut............
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• oh man I wish we lived closer, I had a bunch of tins I was saving for Dudla's to craft with, as well as those cylinders that Republic of Tea puts their tea in, bet you could have found something fun to do with those, I never did.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• There's ALWAYS something fun to do with tins!

Tennessee IS on the way to Indiana. Just sayin'!

Comment

• Well I think I do still have some, of various sizes. I actually don't mind sending them if I have enough to make it worth while, they don't weigh much.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X