Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post

Well, I confess to being relieved about Canio. Sometimes his journal gets longer AS you read. It's like running up the down escalator!
    I know that feeling! Glad you had a fun weekend!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I finally found some Cream of Rice (at an Albertson's in Palm Springs). I will be adding it to my breakfast repetoire(made with coconut milk) every week or so. I like being able to have a creamy hot cereal. It makes up for the lack of eggs.

Digestive issues: I hate to speak too early, but I think I am mending. Fewer and fewer pains, and even a couple of days with NO PAINS! I am continuing the elimination diet, some supplements, and a little bit of the rotation. Fingers crossed.

One downside to the elimination diet, is that now that my system is relatively 'clear', whenever I have something that disagrees with me, my body tells me about it in a very immediate and vivid way. Boy howdy! That all-hands-on-deck-get-this-stuff-out-of-here diarrhea is no fun. But I like that there is the cause-and-effect. It makes it easier to say, 'nope, just not worth it'. I have wanted a few dairy items, but then I just think, can I afford to be in pain in the bathroom for 1-2 hours, a few hours after indulging? So far, the answer has been 'no'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
        my body tells me about it in a very immediate and vivid way. Boy howdy! That all-hands-on-deck-get-this-stuff-out-of-here diarrhea is no fun.
        Welcome to my world! I'm glad you're feeling so much better!!! I'm finding myself in the exact same place -- my diet is so extremely limited right now that I can easily see where the problems are coming from. Actually its a very good feeling! I don't see this as a down side at all cuz its really helping narrow down what I need to eliminate. The SCD diet says if a person stays faithfully on the diet for 1-2 years the foods/drinks that were once troublesome can slowly be added back in with no resulting symptoms. This even applies to people with Crohns, Celiac, IBD and IBS and Ulcerative Colitis. Its all about HEALING so the body can process and digest as it should. I'm looking forward to being able to eat potatoes again! Right now - I'm NO starch for at least a year. Have you read Breaking the Vicious Cycle??? It is all explained in laymen's terms and easy to understand. Reading that book has made a huge difference in how I am approaching my healing journey.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Hi Sabine! I'm glad you're starting to mend. I've noticed you haven't posted for 4 days. I hope nothing bad is going on. Check in soon, ok?
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• ^ What Jenn said!
            -- Ruth

Comment

• My morning routine has been completely twisted around, what with Spring Break, and this cold/congestion lingering and kicking my butt. I'm just not getting onto the computer and checking in. Hope everyone is doing well. I will be back when I pull myself together.

P.S. Garden bed is looking great- we are planting today[dark of the moon coming up], Eldest got accepted to a graduate program, Middlest got a part-time job, we found two snakes in our yard, I am almost done with a new pair of socks(blue). Corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes were enjoyed with much gusto on Monday.

Comment

• scary snakes?
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• No, adorable snakes, just the right size to hold and coo over.

Comment

• There are plenty of nice, friendly people in the world. I hope I am one of them. I chat with people in check-out lines, offer to help them when I see them struggling. They do the same for me.

And I would not suggest that any PARTICULAR nice guy is acting out of anything but niceness.

But...

A LOT more guys are talking to me, offering to help me with bags of mulch, smiling at me in check-out lanes. Me in the 150s is getting more friendly attention than me in the 200s.

I suppose it is natural. But it takes some getting used to. I find myself wondering if I should tone down my smiles and friendliness, so that no one gets the 'wrong idea'. I never worried about that when I was the frumpy 200-lber. I just figured everyone would know I was just a nice lady, and that they were talking to me because they, too, were 'just nice'.

But either I am meeting a MUCH larger proportion of the nice people in the area, or more men are engaging with me because my figure now fits into their mental category of 'someone worth interacting with because of vague physical attraction'. Weird.

In funny news: I have had to buy some new, smaller bras (both cup and band size, for those interested). One of them isn't QUITE right. I was working in the garden, doing a lot of bending and digging, and my breasts kept popping loose. Pretty funny. Honey decided it is his new, favorite bra.

Comment

• Actually, I do think being thinner makes a big difference. In my 160s, I got a lot of (mostly hispanic???) male attention. Back at my current inflated weight, not so much.

I know which bra would be my DH's favorite too
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Just remember that you are the one who determines if things go any further with these men that are being nice to you lately. I say enjoy the positives of being noticed as it does great things for the self esteem.
                        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Much as it saddens me to say this, people are 'nicer' to you in the 150s. I've had much the same experience and it made me happy and sad and infuriated all at once. You know Janeane Garofalo, the comedian? She has talked a great deal on this subject. I remember hearing an interview with her - she stated that after losing 25 lbs she actually got more talented. Drove her nuts. She would meet up with the very same people she had talked to about jobs before her weight loss and it was amazing! She was now talented! (Hope you can hear the ironic tone here.) But the new normal will become the regular normal and you won't notice it so much.

Yesterday I was looking at shoes and a 'really nice' guy was falling over himself reaching shoe boxes for me. I can tell you, that never happened to me at 180.
                          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I am going to dissent on the nicer in the lower weight, concept. I believe it is our attitude towards ourselves. Because, and I know this is going to sound odd, but I do not consider myself obese. I dress so that I feel comfortable, casual, and attractive. And at 250lb and 55yo I get attention. Did I get more when I was thin, well, I was under 20 and had more contact with people so yes a bit more, but not excessively.
                            Chris
                            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Interesting point, Chris. Maybe a lot of us feel better and so walk and act different. Even though I've gained a TON of weight (what Sabine lost, I must have found), I still try to dress nicely, though it's hard to feel good about myself.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                                I am going to dissent on the nicer in the lower weight, concept. I believe it is our attitude towards ourselves. Because, and I know this is going to sound odd, but I do not consider myself obese. I dress so that I feel comfortable, casual, and attractive. And at 250lb and 55yo I get attention. Did I get more when I was thin, well, I was under 20 and had more contact with people so yes a bit more, but not excessively.
                                That is very true and of course it is impossible to select out the 'feeling way better' effect! And I certainly dress differently now, although I'm not exactly going for provocative. Now I can choose clothes because they look nice, not because I can get them on over my flab. (Still have some flab, but it is much easier to hide now!)
                                My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Working...
                                X