Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought you'd get a kick out of this.

I got a paleo ebook today for signing up for a paleo newsletter... in this cookbook is this instruction:

[If you don’t own a Padermo spiral slicer yet, you should. In fact, if you don’t
    own one, stop reading this, head on over to Amazon and place an order right
    now. I’ve just changed your life. You’re welcome].
    The next instruction says "welcome back". I love this kind of humor. lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• here is a question for you - or maybe Siobhan or whoever else has a spiralizer... how would one spiralize a butternut squash? The cookbook calls for you to peel and seed a butternut squash, and then spiralize it... I can't imagine getting long pretty noodles out of a quartered (or more) butternut. Thoughts?
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
        Thought you'd get a kick out of this.

I got a paleo ebook today for signing up for a paleo newsletter... in this cookbook is this instruction:

The next instruction says "welcome back". I love this kind of humor. lol
        *like*
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
          here is a question for you - or maybe Siobhan or whoever else has a spiralizer... how would one spiralize a butternut squash? The cookbook calls for you to peel and seed a butternut squash, and then spiralize it... I can't imagine getting long pretty noodles out of a quartered (or more) butternut. Thoughts?
          I don't have one those gadgets - but my guess is you'd need to cut it into strips........ like cut the whole thing into 8 pieces???
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion
          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I'm at a loss. I wonder if the lady at Inspiralized has any tips? Otherwise, go with Tomi's suggestion. I DID do a cored apple on the spiralizer, centering it, and that worked fine. Maybe if it was a SMALL butternut...?

Comment

• "If you don’t own a Padermo spiral slicer yet, you should. In fact, if you don’t
              own one, stop reading this, head on over to Amazon and place an order right
              now. I’ve just changed your life. You’re welcome."

So true.

Comment

• Wow Sabine, how cool that you are that much lighter than your honey!! The day I weigh less than my hubby will be cause for celebration indeed! He is the same height as me but a slightly smaller build. I know I should weigh less than him but that is a long way off in the distance at the moment.
                Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                Primal low: 186 lbs
                Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• I second the SMALL squash recommendation. Butternut are very hard and boy oh boy, that might be tough to spiralize. Also when you cut out the middle to remove the seeds, you won't be able to anchor it. Hmmmmmmmmm. Must think on this. Maybe just spiralize the top part, which doesn't really have any seeds? Now I will have buy a butternut and try it. I will admit that I usually buy them already cut up because I don't want to end up in the emergency room or possibly performing my own DIY amputation.
                  My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Today I will be trying CHEESE! I'm going to buy some aged cheddar. Figuring out the timing was tricky. If any reactions come as the others did, I will have 3 - 4/12 hours to wait, to see if I need to run desperately for the bathroom. So, it must be eaten no later than 4pm. And it should be eaten in isolation, and yet, not too much at once. So not for breakfast, because eating a little, than waiting for hours, is harder for me in the mornings. And I don't want to be wiped out by pains too early in the day. I need to get things done!

The tentative plan is: Early lunch at 11. Cheese at 2 or 3. Dinner at 6.

Fingers crossed.

Shovelled much compost yesterday, taking it in small chunks. I keep thinking about Tomi's injury. I don't want to over-do. The bed is filling up nicely.

I also met my writing friend, for much talking, and a little work. Editting for length is a real bugbear.

Slight internet security problem happened, hopefully to be resolved today. Can't discuss it, because of, you know, SECURITY!

Comment

• Good luck with the cheese!

What is editing for length?
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh Sabine, you stinker, you have not really been saying much about your writing and now you are editing for length? wow, painstaking but exciting.

Good luck with the cheese.
                        Chris
                        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Someone needs to post an excerpt for us to read.
                          You are such a tease, Sabine.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Editting for length is taking my natural desire to ramble on and on (and on!) and ruthlessly cutting away EVERYTHING THAT DOES NOT NEED TO BE THERE.

EVERYTHING!!

There will be no excerpts. I am very shy about my writing.

I got some cheddar that has been aged nine months. Looking forward to it with great anticipation!

Comment

• No pics. No excerpts. No fun.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Sigh. You are killing us here, Sabine, killing us. Sabine is probably a famous author, but she is trying to remain anonymous
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X