Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoveling? Your back yard?

How cool is that - you found exactly what you needed!!!!!!!!!!
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Honey finished building our raised Hugelkultur bed on Sunday. He and Littlest immediately started filling it with enormous chunks of wood. She and I finished with the smaller stuff yesterday. So, now we begin the slow job of shovelling all the dirt we dug out, back on top, mixing in compost and manure as we go.

As a matter of fact, let me go do a little bit right now.

Comment

• well who needs a gym membership, not a girl shoveling manure that's for sure!

How amazing that you found what you were looking for on the side of the road, congrats.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ^Lol
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I don't even need my sledgehammer, not today!

Got the first layer of dirt in. Next comes a few inches of compost.

Tried out the easel. It works well. I will ask Honey to make some tweaks to it, to make it easier to maneuver. I could do it, but he impressed me with his garden bed building skills, and now I want more.

Comment

• A good Down Day yesterday. Only thought about eating in an abstract kind of way, and was too busy to get hungry. Walked the dogs, dug lot of dirt, did laundry, twined on my rug, had an enjoyable, relaxing bath. Noticed that I have much less tummy on my tummy. Now, in an intellectual way, I KNOW this. I have gone from a size 18 to a 12, for pity's sake! But yesterday, I really felt it. I had my hands on my stomach, and thought, 'this is getting to be just a tiny, little stomach.'

I had gone to bed late (10:30) the night before, and woken up ridiculously early(4:45), so no surprise, really, that after watching two episodes of Chopped with the family, I fell asleep on the couch. Managed to stir myself, kiss Littlest good-night, and stagger off to bed. I hope she finished up her homework.

I'm starting off this morning with some vegetable and pork soup. Dinner is going to be another item pulled from the freezer, but this time, I know it is a good one, since I managed to get a label on it: Snow White Stew. We'll have it with some rice, and I am planning on fruit slushies for dessert(more freezer finds!). In between I will have pickled herring, olives, and more soup. Maybe some salad when I go out to meet my friend.

Weight this morning after my Down Day: 155.

Comment

• You know the header picture of Mark asleep on the lawn?

Does anyone else want to just sneak up and poke him in that exposed sliver of belly?

Just wondering.

Comment

• I'm not seeing that picture right now, but I will look for it. lol

For those interested:

What Is Casein? Foods With Casein, Casein Allergies, and More

Lactose Intolerance Symptoms, Causes, Treatments, Tests

I strongly believe I have a casein allergy b/c I experience symptom number 3: nasal congestion and sneezing.

or it could be a whey allergy b/c I have the eczema too... Symptoms of Allergy to Whey | eHow
                  Primal since March 5, 2012
                  SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• This morning, Honey was 25 pounds heavier than me.

25 pounds.

Not so long ago I remember being excited because I was one pound below him. I kept going down, he went up, and suddenly, wow.

Comment

• How cool, how cool, how cool!
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• I look forward to the day I weigh less than my Honey. It will be a while. Cool you kept going, sad he went up though.
                        Chris
                        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Brad gained back everything he lost when he did the Whole30... I don't think there will ever be a day when I weigh more than him. For this I am grateful.
                          Primal since March 5, 2012
                          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Hubby is 33 pounds heavier than me. Five years ago I was 20 pounds heavier than him. He's gone UP - I've gone DOWN. His doctor is encouraging him to lose weight - but he's not very motivated. He's 5'6" and is weighing in at 217. He's like a mini-hulk with an unattractive gut.
                            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion
                            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• My husband is 6'0" even and weighs about 185, and has not been more than 10 pounds in either direction since I have known him, except for the day we met (and he was way too skinny then at 165). He used to be a runner (not jogging flat out run for 20 minutes) then hurt his knee within days of us meeting went up to 195 by the time we married a year later. These days he can get down to 175 if he gives up ice cream and alcohol, but what is the point right? He will get up to 195 over the holidays if he gets really crazy with food. Generally he can keep it at 185. I have not weighed less than him, since I got pregnant, some 21 years ago.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• At 5'5" and small boned (for a guy) I'll be lucky if I ever weight the same as DH, let alone less than him. I'm settle for 10 pounds within his weight
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X