No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the opening ceremony of the Olympics, we like to do a menu themed from the hosting country. One of the choices for Russia was devilled eggs topped with caviar! Perfect for an egg test, right? I mean, that's two kinds of eggs!

Other items:Borscht(of course); Beef Stroganov, Muscovite Solyanka(fish) or Lamb Plov; Pampushki(potato-curd cheese dumplings), and Pashki(yogurty-cheese dessert with fruit). Oh, and shots of vodka!

I might be stretching it to introduce dairy so quickly after eggs, but I am TEMPTED!

Comment

• Be careful!!! You should go very slowly when re-introducing foods. The SCD says wait a full 4 days between each new addition.

Hope the eggs don't cause any troubles.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I'm disappointed in myself. I ate way too many nuts/seeds/sugar yesterday. Completely emotional eating, after stressing about having to lay down the law in a social situation. Of course, my gut protested. What is the use of my being 'good' for three weeks, if I blow it like this. I am pissed!

PISSED!

However, today I get to use my spiralizer to make zoodles. That should make me feel jolly.

And, I THINK the egg introduction went okay. A cramp about four hours after eating, but only one. I will see if it happens again the next time I try eggs, which will be on Saturday.

Littlest now has the cold I had. She's wiped out by it. My poor girl.

It is snowing here today. Honey was excited to ride to work in it. I'm sure he will cause traffic accidents, just because drivers will be so freaked out by seeing a cyclist out in the snow. Okay, not really, but it doesn't take Texas drivers much to freak out when there is snow or ice involved.

I got all my blocks done for the exchange tomorrow night. So as a reward, I got to set some blocks together. I now have a chunk 3' x 8' for show and tell. Makes me happy to look at it, sitting in the basket, ready to go.

Since I had two Down Days in a row, due to feeling like crap, I am now off-set with Honey and the eating schedule. I am going to have a dinner-only Down Day today, and a regular Down Day tomorrow to get myself back on track. Maybe that will help with the nuts/seeds/sugar overdose, too. I have got to GET RID of those cashew clusters. Maybe I will bring the rest of the bag to our gathering tomorrow.

Comment

• I hope Littlest feels better soon and that Honey doesn't cause any accidents. Have fun making your zoodles!!
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Woohoo!

Decided to try on my birthday dress again.

This is the dress I wore on my 25th birthday. Honey has a picture of me in it on his dresser.

I tried it on a while ago, and was pleased that I fit into it. It was a little snug to get the zipper up in the back, but it FIT. I am going to wear it on my 50th birthday, and have a companion picture taken.

Just put it on, and the zipper went up with NO difficulties. You know what this means: my back fat is going down! It is even LOOSE in the waist. I look great! I think I will buy some true high heels to wear with it. (I have nice calves, and have been known to have men actually follow me to tell me so. In real high heels[more than 2"] they will be smokin'!)

Comment

• Okay Lady, we expect to see you in that dress even if we have to wait until your 50th.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• ^^This. I'm with Paula.
                Primal since March 5, 2012
                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• What a great feeling! I am imagining what it is like to put on that dress and channeling the happiness. (Hope there is some extra to go around!)
                  My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Congrats!
                    That's an accomplishment! Fitting into the dress is great, seeing that back fat leave is priceless!
                    Looking fwd to seeing this amazing pic
                    K

Comment

• That is so awesome Sabine!! Mega congratulations!!
                      Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Happy Dancing???? You should!
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion
                        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I'm not much of a Bible quoter, but I need to post this right now.

“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. To one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back. And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

I am probably just as vengeful as most people, but it is not a quality I celebrate about myself. My prayer is to please, help me be better than I am.

I'm sorry if you feel this attacks you. I hope that wasn't my intention. Our journals are for us to express ourselves. Yours, for you. That's why I am putting this here, in my own.

Too often, silence stands for consent in our society. I would not limit your right to say what you feel. And to dispute you on your home ground doesn't seem called for. But I don't consent. So I can't be silent.

I'm saddened.

Comment

• I'm with you, sister. I'm taking the high road on this one.
                            My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• +1
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Well, if you are going to enjoy those inexplicable drops after Up Days, I guess you have to go with the flow when you only go down 1/2 pound after a Down Day. Somewhat disappointing. And as I am introducing eggs again today, and wondering if that will cause some reaction (weight retention?), annoying.

I got pastured eggs from a friend. Had two, scrambled for breakfast, and am going to have another two, devilled(homemade mayo), later in the day. Fingers crossed.

I'm also having borscht (no sour cream) and lamb plov. I'll be making the potato/curd dumplings for Littlest and Honey, but I am going to pass on having them. I can always make them again, when I am testing dairy.

I tried out a new butcher yesterday. They sell only grass-fed/pastured animals. Beef, pork, chicken, sometimes lamb. Also some dairy products and made sausage. I got the lamb there, and picked up leaf lard. And some frozen liver for the next time we have it. They were very nice, and the prices were reasonable. And it smelled good in there. Not sterile, but with a nice, faintly meaty smell.

Comment

Working...
                                X