No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspiralized | A food blog dedicated to everything spiralized, including zucchini pasta.

You're welcome.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I haven't even gone to look yet-- the title of the link was enough to make me gasp in delight!

Comment

• It's an amazing site filled to the brim with amazing recipes. We made this one last night, replacing the lentils with a pound of ground pork, less the parmesan b/c we're Whole30 and parmesan isn't allowed...

Comment

• Oh, believe me, I scuttled over there pretty quickly after I posted. But I had to express my appreciation. Thanks, Jenn.

Comment

• You are most welcome. When I discovered it (thank you Against All Grain) on Facebook, the first person I thought of was you!

Comment

• what brand did you get?
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Honey got the Paderno. It works wonderfully.

A couple of days ago I did sweet potatoes and deep-fried them. He flipped for them! Now he wants to spiralize and deep-fry everything.

I fell down on my Down Day today. I am still (sort of) within my calorie range, but I am definitely not abiding by my rotation rules. Since I got my period, I'm not feeling too guilty about it. Sometimes, you must answer your body's call!

Comment

• So you were able to spiralize raw sweet potato? Must be a reasonably strong device.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• The gal at Inspiralize also uses a Paderno and spiralizes sweet potatoes. I haven't tried yet.

Comment

• Okay, you guys have to stop. I want one. And, all I really need is another kitchen gadget...........
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• If there is any kitchens gadget you need, it's this one.

Comment

• I spiralize raw sweet potatoes all the time. It works great.
                          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                            Okay, you guys have to stop. I want one. And, all I really need is another kitchen gadget...........

Get one, get one, get one! It is awesome!

Bad news to report: I fell face first into chocolate and nuts on Friday. I blame my period, sneaking up on me like that . Of course, my weight rocketed upwards, and I also have a stuffy nose. This could be from hanging drywall yesterday, but it might also be from too many new ingredients all at once.

Oh, well.

I had a 'Recovery Day' yesterday. Neither Up, eating everything I wanted, or Down. Some bratwurst and sauerkraut for a late lunch. Liver, onions, and mushrooms in ghee for a late dinner. And half a banana(dope!) as a late night snack. Shoot! Just as I was typing this I remembered I wanted to stay off bananas for a while. I ate it when I was half asleep, and not thinking. I just needed something to soothe my throat.

Not the best choices.

But not the worst. Onward! I will NOT consider this license to go whole hog, since I fell out of the Virgin elimination protocol. So I had too much sugar, and some soy lecithin. NOT the end of the world. Or maybe even the end of the plan. I might not be reactive to those. (Let the stuffy nose be from drywall. Or maybe I am even coming down with something. Not that I am HOPING to be sick. But I was just thinking last week that it is amazing that I haven't been sick this winter.) I will stick to my Super Bowl plan, and then have regular Down and Up Days next week. I get to have eggs on Tuesday.

The liver was good. Even Littlest ate it up, and said she wouldn't mind having it once per month. I was very careful not to overcook it. Just a minute's sear on each side, then smothered it in sauteed onions and mushrooms. Yum, yum. The dogs were very happy with their portions, too.

Comment

• the beauty of the UDDD plan, is the ease to jump back in. I think besides your period, you can't discount that little bit of psychology that makes, me at least, overeat as I get very close to a goal weight.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Question on liver. I've seen a few blog posts/pins about making "liver pills" (basically, small bits of liver, frozen, that you swallow). Do you think your body digests that well and is able to fish out the nutrients? I think liver is so healthy, but I basically only like it in store bought pate (or what's that other liver sausage that I can't spell?).
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X