No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• personally I like dance classes, if you are a member of a gym they should have some fun stuff. Also, a deep water aerobics class can be fun as well.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Boobs and sports bras. I'm a marathoner... there's no secret there. I have size 38DD boobies. My sports bra of choice? The $11 el-cheapo Danskin one from Walmart. Seriously...

Nothing will hold them stock still against your chest except duct tape... and as that's hard to put on by yourself and leaves a sticky residue, I opt for the walmart bra. I bought a two pack. They are sufficient. No black eyes.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Surprise!

Last night I got my period, a week early. Maybe that explains my crankiness and general desire to eat EVERYTHING.

Luckily, I restrained myself to only massive amounts of sunbutter. This morning, my face looks a little puffy. Sunflower seeds are in the same family as grasses(wheat, bamboo, etc.) And I had some(lettuce, bamboo shoots, artichoke hearts) only three days before. So, maybe that family should join my restrictions list for a while.

Or maybe I just shouldn't eat half a jar at a sitting!

It did fill the bill, though!

My weights seem to be stabilizing. 156ish after Up Days, 154ish after Down Days. In spite of my excitement to reach 154 for REAL, I think this is good. I want to creep up on it, not rocket by. But now I am thinking I will definitely be there by Valentine's Day!

Speaking of which, I need to buy some heart-shaped boxes of candy to give to the kids.

Comment

• I was shopping yesterday and trying to decide if I should go ahead and buy something valentine for the kids and take it tomorrow or wait and send. I decided packages are fun to get so I am going to send something.

congrats on holding steady. How much sodium does the sun butter have? The puffiness may be as simple as fluid retention?
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Alternating through the month accomplished!

I stuck to my rotations really well this month, and feel like I am on a good start for the year. My SIRT1s are definitely activated!

166.0 1/1/14
            163.0 1/2
            165.5 1/3
            162.0 1/4
            165.0 1/5
            163.0 1/6
            168.0 1/7
            162.0 1/8
            162.0 1/9
            161.0 1/10
            164.0 1/11
            161.5 1/12
            166.0 1/13
            164.0 1/14
            168.5 1/15
            168.0 1/16
            165.5 1/17
            161.0 1/18
            161.5 1/19
            159.5 1/20
            158.5 1/21
            155.5 1/22
            157.5 1/23
            155.0 1/24
            156.0 1/25
            155.0 1/26
            155.0 1/27
            154.0 1/28
            156.5 1/29
            154.0 1/30
            156.5 1/31

And, of course, I am pleased that my weight is down 9 1/2 pounds. I'll be getting to my goal soon.

This morning I realized I have started hitching my jeans again. My size 12 jeans! Once it is driving me crazy, I'll be going down to 10s. Tens! Can you believe it?!?

This weekend will be a little bit of a challenge, with my planned splurge on Sunday for the Super Bowl. It will be an additional Up Day to the schedule. I am just going to swing right back into a normal Down Day after it. Maybe I will try for a little extra water.

Another challenge is that I will be making liver and onions for dinner on Saturday. I am not a big liver fan (except for liverwurst!) but I am getting more organ meats into our lives. Last time it was sweetbreads. Which Honey and I really enjoyed, and Littlest said, 'weren't TOO bad'.

Brains are next on the list.

Comment

• March plans

In mid-March I am going to go on a girls' weekend with my sister and some high-school friends.

Naturally, I want to be looking my best.

So yesterday I started a skin regime. Morning and night, for 5 weeks. We'll see if it makes me glow! (Hey, maybe that's why I looked puffy this morning. Maybe it is not puffiness, just hydration!)

I am also planning a thrift store shopping spree at the end of February. And I'll need to buy a new bathing suit(there will be a hot tub!) at the sports store. Not too many other places to get them this time of year. Luckily, I like plain suits.

And I need to decide on a knitting project for the trip. New socks, perhaps? Not a shawl- that would be too much bulk.

And do I want to make little gifts for everyone? What should they be? Hmmmm.

Lists must be started!

Comment

• I always have a smile when reading your journal
                -- Ruth

Comment

• That's so nice to hear! Thanks, Ruth.

Comment

• Brains??? Comfort meter pegged in the "um no" category!

Comment

• ^ this!! I'm with Jenn...add liver to that as well. Yuck!
                      Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• IF the brains were fried -- and you didn't tell me what they were -- I'd probably eat them
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Speaking of liver, have you tried soaking it overnight in milk first? I thought that doing so was a recent thing but I found it in my 1977 Joy of Cooking cookbook as well. I personally haven't tried it yet but it is supposed to mellow the strong liver flavor.
                          Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Oh, brains and heart are very tasty. Mom fed those to us when we were kids but did not tell us first.
                            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I soak fish first to pull out the strong fishy flavor... I can't see why it wouldn't also work on liver.

Comment

• I haven't thought about how I'm going to do the brains yet. Good tip on the liver. I'll throw the slices in to soak tonight. I love beef heart. I make a very good stew with it, adding sweet potatoes, onions, and tomatoes. Yum, yum, yum!

Comment

Working...
                                X