No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when I am doing my Tabata (my version of sprinting), I use a mini stair stepper and just pump it as fast as I can, not quite the same but it works, again, when I do it. A tight sturdy racing bra or even an ace bandage would hold the girls in place.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• When he says sprinting, he doesn't mean you have to be running... sprint on an exercise bike - spin bike seems the best option, sprint on the stair stepper, sprint on an elliptical, sprint with a jump rope... whatever floats your boat. The point is to raise your heart rate to a sprint like level (usually 85% of your max - google how to find your max) a few times in a session. Sprinting simply refers to high intensity interval training. You don't have to *run* to do HIIT.

Great job on the weight loss Sabine. I am thoroughly envious of your success! Someday my body will cooperate again.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Thanks, Jenn That makes more sense.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
          YEAH!!!!!! 154 is awesome!!!!

And............ I hear ya, sister --- this old gal isn't doing any sprinting!!! Mark needs a reality check when he starts telling us gals to sprint! First off...... my legs don't move that fast! Secondly...... I'd break something! Thirdly....... I'M 53 years old!
          First, good job Sabine!!

Second, if I can sprint anyone can. I did 5x30second sprints today. Just remember, IMO, what defines sprinting is person specific.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            My problem with sprinting is holding my breasts in place. They are too large to be flung about like that.
            I can't remember ever noticing my breasts being flung around during a sprint. I'm too focused on getting through it.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
              YEAH!!!!!! 154 is awesome!!!!

And............ I hear ya, sister --- this old gal isn't doing any sprinting!!! Mark needs a reality check when he starts telling us gals to sprint! First off...... my legs don't move that fast! Secondly...... I'd break something! Thirdly....... I'M 53 years old!
              Darlin', I'm older than you and I sprint all the time in the pool. Age is only a number.

And FWIW, I was an avid runner back in the 70's and early '80's when sports bras were nonexistent. I used to put on a fairly snug fitting t-shirt, put a bra on OVER it, and then put on another t-shirt. Worked a treat. These days I have a proper sports bra, but the old t-shirt trick still comes in handy sometimes.
              Last edited by Siobhan; 01-28-2014, 08:36 PM.
              My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Darn - I was hoping to use the AGE card as a pass on the sprinting thing. Maybe once I get my gut issues and shoulder issues taken care of I will think more directly about the sprinting issue I guess you could say I was sprinting when I was using the jump rope last summer. It would most definitely get my heart rate and breathing going!

Good tip on the booby controllers. I'm hoping when I get to my goal weight the boobs won't be a problem anymore. When I was 135 years ago - the girls were a 34B. Now I'm a D cup. Funny - I used to WANT larger bazoombas -- now that I have them they aren't so great. Especially as I'm aging and they are losing their firmness!!! Nothing like needing to pull the boob out from the arm pit while turning over in bad! UGH! Hubby says he'll buy me fake ones if they shrink too much. At least they'd be firm and perky! I don't know............
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion
                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• my mom had to have a mastectomy and unfortunately due to heart issues could not be under long enough to replace with fake, but she recommends to everyone who has to have one to do them both and get yourself a nice pair.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I have never found a sports bra that will hold them adequately. Maybe I should try my corset!

Just finished watching 'Any Day Now'. A wonderful film, but such a sad, sad ending. The tears were flowing.

Comment

• A really good one IS hard to find. I have one or two. Both running type ones. Sometimes I wear two at a time. Bouncing girls = painful.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                        I have never found a sports bra that will hold them adequately. Maybe I should try my corset! .
                        I just wear a bra that is fairly snug. I'm a 34D-DD.

Comment

• A good bra w a sports bra or a tank w a built in shelf bra over it.
                          K

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                            my mom had to have a mastectomy and unfortunately due to heart issues could not be under long enough to replace with fake, but she recommends to everyone who has to have one to do them both and get yourself a nice pair.
                            Not that I want to need a mastectomy, but if I had a magic wand and could have smaller perkier boobs I would definitely go for it. Mine are in good shape, but to be honest they just get in the way and now that I am older I feel they just look matronly. I'd like to be a lean mean fightin' machine, including the boobs.

And FWIW, I see many, many women who have had mastectomies and without exception they say they are happier without the boob(s). These women are older, but still I think that is pretty telling! (If you wonder why I am looking at women's chests, it is because I do thousands of EKGs in a year.)
                            Last edited by Siobhan; 01-29-2014, 10:01 PM.
                            My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                              Not that I want to need a mastectomy, but if I had a magic wand and could have smaller perkier boobs I would definitely go for it. Mine are in good shape, but to be honest they just get in the way and now that I am older I feel they just look matronly. I'd like to be a lean mean fightin' machine, including the boobs.

And FWIW, I see many, many women who have had mastectomies and without exception they say they are happier without the boob(s). These women are older, but still I think that is pretty telling! (If you wonder why I am looking at women's chests, it is because I do thousands of EKGs in a year.)
                              In my mom's case she only had one, so she has to use those rubbery things to balance them, plus bathing suits and bras that work with the thing are pricey. It is a royal PITA. She asked that they take them both, but again couldn't stay under that long. Not sure if her advice would be different if they had done both, i.e.. would she say just take em off and get used to it or still suggest perky ones.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Slightly whiny post

I'm feeling cranky about my food. I want combination dishes! I want eggs! I want cheese!

Also, I'm spending too much money.

Sigh.

However...!

At 154.0 after a Down Day for the second time. Very pleasing.

Yesterday, while walking at the gym, I was taking my pulse, to make sure I was getting into the target heart rate zone for maximum fat burning.

Yeah.

Not so much.

The range I am supposed to be hitting, is 93-113. Supposedly, I should be able to get there with moderate to brisk walk. My rate before beginning was 60. The highest I could get it, with brisk, keep-your-focus, walking was 72. And I was even starting to sweat!

Now on the one hand, I feel like my heart is in good shape. A little walking does not phase it. This is a good thing. But, it also means that something more vigorous is required, and I am not really into vigorous.

Maybe I should swim. Swimming is vigorous, but I like it. It masquerades as fun, not exercise.

Okay, off to do errands!

Comment

Working...
                                X