Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I agree with everything here, except that. There are very clear strict Paleo guidelines that can be found in the works of Loren Cordain, Robb Wolf and the Hartwigs among others. That said, it doesn't mean that one must follow a strict Paleo program to see results.
    Exactly! However - I'm finding, while being on this SCD that for ME - strictness is necessary to find the results that I'm needing. So - not everyone must be STRICT --- but there are the few outliers, such as me with weight and digestive issues that find it absolutely necessary to follow the protocol strictly as written. I've been on the SCD for 8 days now --- which means I've been 100% paleo. I'm sleeping so much better - I'm down 5 pounds - and my gut is much, much happier (not fixed yet though). I've always known it would take 100% adherence for me - and its taken me 2 years to be able to commit to it.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I am looking forward to trying 4:3 and 5:2 in maintenance to see if they work for me. First, because I want the eating flexibility on BOTH weekend days. Second, it does make it easier to plan things if you know when you will be fasting. What with the possibilities of switching rotations due to special events, I can't say for certain more than a couple of weeks out, if I will be eating on a certain day. Of course, I always CAN, but you know what I mean. And with 5:2, if something special comes up, you can easily skip a planned fast without feeling you don't have many days to 'catch up'.

Mssmith- I am 49 for a few more months, so a year older than you, and half an inch taller. So...pretty close.

Although fasting is not for everyone, I wish that everyone would be open to TRYING it. Or trying most things, really. I was one of those who said, "Oh, I could NEVER live without pasta!" I might have saved myself 10+ years of struggle if I had learned earlier, that, yes, I can live just fine without pasta.

And by trying it, I mean with some preparation. Someone who is completely sugar-dependant, who tried fasting cold turkey after a regular night, is just setting themselves (and fasting) up for failure.

Comment

• I agree, there are many things I said I could not do without, and a few things I said I wouldn't eat that I have turned around on! And fasting itself is one of the biggest!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post

Mssmith- I am 49 for a few more months, so a year older than you, and half an inch taller. So...pretty close.

Although fasting is not for everyone, I wish that everyone would be open to TRYING it. Or trying most things, really. I was one of those who said, "Oh, I could NEVER live without pasta!" I might have saved myself 10+ years of struggle if I had learned earlier, that, yes, I can live just fine without pasta.

And by trying it, I mean with some preparation. Someone who is completely sugar-dependant, who tried fasting cold turkey after a regular night, is just setting themselves (and fasting) up for failure.
          Sabine, this may sound silly, with your hand over your face in your pic and all, but I thought you were probably no more than 45... Looks like we will also be turning toward the big 5-0 at about the same time. Here's to us! Cheers.

I did think of you and all your regular posters those days when I fasted 42 and 46 hours. Who knows? If I hadn't been reading about fasting by way of you, I might have come home on those days and eaten an entire bag of sweet potato chips, thinking it was OK because it was my only food for the day... You have been a great influence and I will surely think of you the next time I run errands and don't think about eating -- and am fasting, even after I get home.
          Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
          Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
          Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
          Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
          1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
          GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
          CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
          49 - 5'7.5"
          Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• That's not her hair --- but most of us thought it was -- it just her hands over some crazy carpet!
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Yes. Most awesome, mysterious avatar ever!
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• yep, she got us all with that one!
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• That's me, Woman of Mystery.

Comment

• But you do have lovely hands!!
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Almost there

My first weight goal is to get down to 154.

I'm almost there!

This morning, after a Down Day, I weighed 154. I count the post-Up Day weights as my true weights, and I want to see it several times before I claim it as done, but I have TOUCHED 154!

Very excited.

This is the lightest I can ever remember weighing as an adult. I know I was 140 in high school(and thought I was fat!). The next weight I really remember was getting down to 157 when I was about 21, and feeling very sleek. Didn't stay there long, but I remember prancing around in some skin-tight teal jeans. Of course, everything was higher, and tighter then. But I will take what I can get.

Once I am solidly at 154, I'm going to practice maintenance for three months. And I think it would be a good time to start lifting weights. For real.

However...

I will not sprint.

Unless there is danger involved.

Comment

• Awesome!
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• so very happy and excited for you, I cannot imagine how fantastic you must feel.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

I'm almost there!

This morning, after a Down Day, I weighed 154. I count the post-Up Day weights as my true weights, and I want to see it several times before I claim it as done, but I have TOUCHED 154!
                            Awesome!!!
                            Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
                            Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
                            Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
                            Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
                            1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
                            GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
                            CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
                            49 - 5'7.5"
                            Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

I'm almost there!

Very excited.

I will not sprint.

Unless there is danger involved.

YEAH!!!!!! 154 is awesome!!!!

And............ I hear ya, sister --- this old gal isn't doing any sprinting!!! Mark needs a reality check when he starts telling us gals to sprint! First off...... my legs don't move that fast! Secondly...... I'd break something! Thirdly....... I'M 53 years old!
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• My problem with sprinting is holding my breasts in place. They are too large to be flung about like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X