No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenn- I find I am just as energetic, if not more so, on my Down Days. The big difference I notice is that I get colder on Down Days.

Demuralist- I know that's how probiotics work. I don't know about the other enzymes. However, I had some INSTANT relief taking them with meals, so I'm going to try out the way Robb Wolf suggests, for starters, being open to changing things up.

Pebbles- I bought the NOW super enzymes today, and also separate enzymes and hcl so I can try both ways(in chunks of time). I'm so happy that this seems to be working.

Tomi- I am excited about being in the 150s. When I have been there for three post-Up Days in a row, I will consider it official. But I MAY be practicing my dance steps ahead of time.

Comment

• Congrats Sabine, on reaching the 150's!! You're such an inspiration!!! Great job!!
      Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Sabine, congrats on having such wonderful willpower. I hope you wake up every morning being very proud of yourself.

Comment

• I'm a Sabine wanna-be! I SOOOOOOO want to find my thin self again! I was a healthy weight until I turned 40 - then it went to hell in a hand-basket! Within 5 years I had gained 75 pounds. And I've been fighting to get it off every since!

Come-on gut - HEAL!
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion
          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Wow and congratulations! When the scale turns over a new number, it is sooooo exciting! You must look and feel fabulous!
            My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Thank you, all, for your congratulations. I am thrilled and kind of amazed to be touching the 150s.

This combo of food group restriction/rotation and the Virgin elimination sure seems to be dropping me down. How much bloat can there BE on one body?

Exciting to think I might be able to start practicing maintenance soon. That will be when I am at 154 consistently after Up Days. I will then be at NORMAL weight for the first time that I can remember since leaving my teens.

Comment

• It has been so fun and inspiring being a vicarious part of this journey with you. Congratulations.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I am just floored. This is awesome.

The thing that holds me back from doing UDDD is that I need more calories to run. There are runs where I burn 1500 calories - an entire day's worth of food for most. I would not be able to run like that on a 500 calorie day, and the day after couldn't be a 500 calorie day either b/c the day after is always an "eat ALLLL the things day". I don't know... I have run a half marathon fasted, so maybe I COULD do it, but if I remember correctly, I chowed afterwards. I think this might be something best left for after I finish this marathon and step back into weight training mode. I'm seriously considering hanging up the running shoes for a while after this marathon - taking a breather and focusing on strength as that is where I have seen my best weight loss results. If I decide to do it, I'll be looking you up.
                  Primal since March 5, 2012
                  SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• since, if I am not mistaken, you run 6 days out of 7 when you train for a marathon (that is what my daughter did anyway), UDDD is probably not in your best interest while training. However it is also not necessary to fast every other day to get benefits. As rarely as once or twice a week would be a start. Or even part of a day.
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• This dog ramp looks awful. But it is slowly coming together. I need to keep taking breaks because I am so uncertain of how I am assembling it.

Got interrupted by a cal from Middlest. So nice to hear her voice and chat for a bit.

Comment

• love hearing from the kids at college, always brightens my day.

One of my biggest problems, almost debilitating, is fear that when I get half way through the project I will figure out the right way to do it. It keeps me from starting so many projects. Not sure where that came from, used to be I would just do it, then fix it if necessary.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Some days it is easy, other times it is not. I have a case of the munchies right now, and eating the things I am allowed today is not doing it.

Also, this dog ramp is tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                            since, if I am not mistaken, you run 6 days out of 7 when you train for a marathon (that is what my daughter did anyway), UDDD is probably not in your best interest while training. However it is also not necessary to fast every other day to get benefits. As rarely as once or twice a week would be a start. Or even part of a day.
                            I don't run that much... 4 days max. That's what the training plan calls for.
                            Primal since March 5, 2012
                            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Ah, her plan had her doing 6 days each had a different distance and it worked up to the marathon (she trained for a full but only ran halves-she was in her late teens then). When is the marathon?

my down days are much easier if I never put anything in my mouth.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Zoodles are lovely.

We had great success, and fun, with the spiralizer yesterday. Six foot zoodles!!!

Honey was disappointed in that they still tasted like zucchini, but I told him to suck it up. I like zucchini, and am glad I now have more ways of preparing it.

The dog ramp construction caused a lot of emotional desire to eat. I kept to my limits, but I was feeling it.

Comment

Working...
                                X