No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree, bananas are the best. I have one practically every day. Yesterday I had two. I try not to get sad when one of my boys eats the last one.

We really need to change the perception that bananas are the devil's food. That is just crazy talk.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Yep, I'm not sure why they are so demonized. They are like any other food, too many is bad. They shouldn't be the backbone of your diet, but they should have a place in it, IMHO.
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I think we are all reacting against the 30bananas a day meme.

Comment

• That's a fact!
          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            166.0 1/1/14
            163.0 1/2
            165.5 1/3
            162.0 1/4
            165.0 1/5
            163.0 1/6
            168.0 1/7
            162.0 1/8
            162.0 1/9
            161.0 1/10
            164.0 1/11
            161.5 1/12
            166.0 1/13
            164.0 1/14
            168.5 1/15
            168.0 1/16
            165.5 1/17
            161.0 1/18

Can you guess where I ate wheat?

I think I am on track of making my goal of 160 at the end of the month.
            woohoo! Look at you go!! Awesome!
            Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
            Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
            Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
            Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
            1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
            GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
            CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
            49 - 5'7.5"
            Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• Congrats!!!! You will most definitely break 160 this month!
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Numbers, numbers, numbers!

These are my daily weights for the month so far:

166.0 1/1/14
                163.0 1/2
                165.5 1/3
                162.0 1/4
                165.0 1/5
                163.0 1/6
                168.0 1/7
                162.0 1/8
                162.0 1/9
                161.0 1/10
                164.0 1/11
                161.5 1/12
                166.0 1/13
                164.0 1/14
                168.5 1/15
                168.0 1/16
                165.5 1/17
                161.0 1/18
                161.5 1/19
                159.5 1/20
                158.5 1/21

Bolded are the post-Up Day numbers, that I consider my true weights.

It is satisfying, to have the number data stack up. Another reduction after an Up Day this morning. Maybe it is the fish, maybe it is the Virgin regime, maybe it is the minimal choices. But I certainly ate hearty yesterday:

Breakfast: 8oz tilapia fried in ghee
                Lunch: 10oz tilapia fried in ghee, 5 mushrooms
                Snack: 8oz tilapia fried in ghee
                Dinner: 12oz tilapia fried in ghee, 6 mushrooms, 1 artichoke
                Bedtime Snack: 1 C blueberries

Wow, that's over 200g of protein. More than I usually get, I think. And I think I had about 5 tablespoons of ghee all together. But not very much vegetation this time. Only 5 servings. Maybe I'll do a generous salad on Wednesday.

After an increase in pains after having pork/cucumber/bananas, I decided to try having my fruit separately, in case it was too many carbs at once. Sometime soon I will have pork by itself, the bananas by themselves, and cucumbers on their own, and see what the comparison is.

I think I am also going to read up on food combining, and how the different macros are digested, so I can be more informed about what is going on inside me after meals. Maybe I will sit down with some Robb Wolf podcasts, as well.

I am prepared with a cozy hoodie to wear indoors today, if I get Down Day Chills. Littlest has gotten to the point that if I start walking around, saying how cold it is in the house, "That's because it is a Down Day!"

Comment

• Awesome Sabine! You are rockin' it.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Honey a/k/a Sweet-Talker

This morning Honey says to me, "Be sure your pants don't fall down." I responded, "These are my 12s, so I should be good." His comeback: "Well, they look a little big to me!"

Thanks, Pebbles. I am feeling pretty good. There was a slight(okay, intense) desire for peanut butter cups yesterday after seeing them on sale at the store(half-price, what a deal, almost a crime not to buy them, right?) but a good night's sleep has put the thought back where it belongs. I will wait until I can make some homemade dark chocolate almond butter cups.

Comment

• Sabine are you taking the enzymes or probiotics? I know a few people who have trouble with cucumbers if they leave the seeds but no problem if they take the seeds out. The only time I have heard of anyone having problems with meat is when they have not had it for a while and then add it back to their diet (i.e.. vegetarians) because the body stopped producing the enzymes to break it down but it can be taught to start it again. My daughter started eating meat at the beginning of last summer so that when she went to Europe she would be able to eat it without getting sick.

your Honey is so sweet
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Demuralist-I am doing both, according to what my meal is. So digestive enzymes when I am eating meat and fat, probiotics when I am eating carbs. I think it might benefit me to separate those two categories by a few hours, at least until I heal up. I am also going to try Pebbles suggestion of splitting the acid from the enzymes, and doing the before/after meal action.

And...I am planning another longer fast in mid-February. I had some tentatively good results after the last one, but with the immediate bombardment of holiday eating, I can't say it was a good trial. There's nothing exotic going on in March, that would interfere with seeing if a longer fast worked.

Comment

• You did it! You broke passed the 160 mark!!!!! YEAH, SABINE!!!!! You must feel like dancing in the street!
                          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion
                          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I just bought the enzymes yesterday. I have been taking the probiotics for about a month.

In my mind, and this may be totally off the mark, but to me it reads as though taking the probiotics and the enzymes are about building them up in your system and that eventually, barring any disease (ie. IBD in my case or removal of a gallbladder) or habits (ie. going long periods without eating meat for example), your body would use the pills almost as a starter to build its own and you would no longer need to supplement.

If that assessment is true, then it should not matter when you take them, except in the chance that they could upset an empty stomach.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• The issue is that stomach acid or added hcl can kill enzymes and probiotics. So if you are addng hcl, it might be better taken at a different time than the other supplements.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Nice losses, Sabine! That is great! It almost makes me interested in UDDD, but then I remember I'm a runner and figuring out which day to be up days and which days to be down days would be next to impossible. Maybe when I'm done running after this marathon.
                                Primal since March 5, 2012
                                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Working...
                                X