No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many stations replay the previous week's episode just before the current week's. Check your local listings to see if they do that. Otherwise, I've got no ideas. There are no links for watching it on the KERA site.

I will say nothing about this one.

That's all. Wanted to add many clauses to that sentence, but I won't.

Mmmmmmmm! (Lips pressed tightly shut!!!!)

Comment

• I don't watch so I have no idea what season and what episode you are looking for, but think that if you go to Watch Online | Masterpiece | PBS

You may be able to watch online?
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yikes Sabine, I am watching Downton Abbey online and had to stop for my next class right at the part where the visiting servant follows Anna downstairs.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Oh! Prepare yourself!

Comment

• Tackling piles and piles of paperwork. Not the most pleasant task, and I find myself doing everything BUT in an effort to avoid it. Today I will try to have that NOT include eating. But I have made it one of my New Year's Resolutions to DEAL with the paper in the house this year, and there's no time like January to get rolling on that, so I am FORCING myself to do it.

I am finally putting together a ramp for the dogs. I asked Honey to do it, but he never got around to it, so I pulled out a huge piece of butcher paper yesterday, made a pattern, and started cutting wood to fit. Of course, I have already figured out a way I could have made it better, but at this point, the goal is to HAVE a ramp, not figure out the PERFECT ramp.

We went out for noodles last night, and this morning my nose is running up a storm. The cleaner my system is, the greater the appearance of the cause and effect. No delay action whatsoever.

There MAY be some progress on the pains. Don't want to say anything too early, but I am cautiously hopeful.

Almost done with the earflap hat for Littlest. I am knitting on I-cord edging for the first time, and really enjoying how it looks. I have plenty of knitting time, as I a re-watching Season 7 of Dexter in preparation for watching the new season with a friend. Honey gave the dvd to me for Christmas, and we are finally going to be able to get together to watch the first episodes this Friday. We're going to stretch it out over several sessions this time, and not do a marathon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
              Oh! Prepare yourself!
              Huge
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Paperwork is no fun. I can say this, though, after all the cleaning/organizing/decluttering that DH and I have done over the last several years, NOTHING made us feel better than getting our paperwork under control. It's as if a HUGE weight was somehow lifted off from us. Not easy, but so rewarding. We've been pretty successful in keeping it up, even
                -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                  We've been pretty successful in keeping it up, even
                  Now, THAT'S the impressive part!

Comment

• It's all about finding the "right" system for the family. I tried so many systems before we found something workable, it's not even funny!
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• paper is the one of the most irritating things I have little stacks of it everywhere, "in case" I need it. I started on it this weekend. It is easier to throw things away now that the kids are out of the house. And I have a hanging file box for each one of them for things like awards they received, end of year report cards, and medical things like xrays and such. I also have a drawer of hanging files for my stuff. Now the trick is going to be to get everything to fit in those 3 places, keep them updated, and not start anymore piles.
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                        The cleaner my system is, the greater the appearance of the cause and effect. No delay action whatsoever.
                        me too! 2 small brown sugar cookies last night sent my fibromyalgia into overdrive - and today I'm sniffling up a storm. Sugar and wheat are not my friends even in the smallest of packages.
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion
                        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I have hauled a huge hunk of lamb out of the freezer, to thaw and roast for dinner tonight. I have two lamb* chops for during the day. Also, two bunches of spinach, one for dinner, one for green smoothies. And pineapple. And pears. And homemade lamb broth.

Few things are more amusing to watch than two dachshunds trying to eat chunks of turkey gelatin.

No progress made on the ramp yesterday. I need to find the right nails or screws, somewhere in our garage. This should be a simple task. I fear they were 'tidied away' to a logical spot. Only...not logical to me!

Fell asleep on the sofa again last night. My body seems to be insisting on nine hours of sleep right now, not 8 1/2. I better just accept it and go to bed early tonight.

Found one theater near me that is showing 'Philomena'. I will try to get there next week. I love Judy Dench, and the topic interests me.

And that's all the thrilling news from the Dallas metroplex this morning!

* The 'm' key on my keyboard is sticking, so at first, this read, 'lab chops'. Glad I proofread!
                          Last edited by Sabine; 01-17-2014, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• The little jars that appear around the holidays, with 1.5oz of jam, or honey, or whatnot, are the PERFECT size for packing salad dressing for lunches.

Also, I discovered a new dressing in the cold produce section of my grocery store this morning. The label is:

Tessemae's
                            All Natural
                            Dressing - Marinade - Dip

The one got is the fat-free Italian. Obviously, I didn't but it for the fat-free aspect. But here are the ingredients:
                            filtered water
                            red wine vinegar
                            date puree(water, organic dates, lemon juice)
                            organic mustard(organic vinegar, water, organic mustard seed, salt, organic turmeric)
                            sea salt
                            spices
                            garlic
                            paprika

I can add my own olive oil. Excited to find something with no canola or soy oils.

Comment

• wow! Nice find!
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• How cool is that? I'm going to have to look for that.
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X