No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing the math was informative. On one of them, my number was SO good that I thought maybe I had mis-placed a decimal, and was actually in peril. No.

Comment

• Gosh, me too. Last time I did my ratios they were excellent as well. I did tell my doc I wouldn't be taking statins and she left it there. I will go in with my ratio numbers for my next visit.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• My doc is paleo - and she understands that cholesterol numbers mean different things between the sexes. Last time I had mine checked she asked me how concerned I was with the numbers - mostly good, btw, but overall cholesterol was a bit high - I told her I wasn't really concerned since my understanding is that women need more cholesterol for various health reasons and I wasn't interested in taking statins. Her response - "I'm comfortable with that" I'm so pleased that she keeps up with current research.

On the tummy troubles issues............ you might do some research into Salicylate Sensitivity. I'm thinking this is a part of my gut troubles because when I eat foods high in salicylates I get an immediate and violent reaction.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Rambling

Weight update:
          166.0 1/1/14
          163.0 1/2
          165.5 1/3
          162.0 1/4
          165.0 1/5
          163.0 1/6
          168.0 1/7
          162.0 1/8
          162.0 1/9
          161.0 1/10
          164.0 1/11

I made primal granola bars. Big mistake! They are fabulous. I think I ate 8 of them yesterday. I put the rest in the freezer, so they won't be so easy to grab.

I also tried the roasted fennel. Hmmm. I will eat it, but probably not search it out. I'm not a big fan of licorice, and there was a decided tang. Maybe it would be a good occasional addition to roasted root veg.

Got two pineapples on super sale at Aldi, and sliced them for the dehydrator. The girls have both been snacking on it before it is even dried out. Think I need to go buy five tomorrow. One for each tray.

Also got some golden beets, which I am planning on having tomorrow, both roots and greens. They look beautiful.

Starting tomorrow, there will be 200 boxes of Girl Scout cookies in the house, while Littlest gets busy selling. They are doing it differently this year, with the girls estimating what they will sell, and having the cookies in hand as they go around. Danger! I am going to be pushing her to sell like a fiend, so they aren't in the house for too long. Also, the parent is responsible for any unsold ones. So the pressure is ON!

Honey and I have figured out our Hugelkultur plan(we think). If the weather stays pleasant next week, I will be starting the digging. The dachshunds are looking forward to the whole endeavour, but I don't think they have grasped yet, how HIGH these beds will be. No more jumping in and digging. They will be disappointed in their dreams, I fear.

This is my father's birthday. He would have been 77 years old. I miss him. He raised my sister and I after our parents divorced, and devoted his life to us. I wish I could give him back even a portion of all he gave us. No more on this, I don't want to be crying.

Made my lemon/salt water with Meyer lemons today. Wow, they are intense.

I was going to be driving Middlest and Friend down to college tomorrow, but Other Friend's Dad is now going to do it. One extra day, added to my schedule! But it means I have to say goodbye to her a little sooner.

There was no free paper delivered this week, so my newspaper basket plans have been delayed. It is this close to being done. I want to have it finished before my next quilt group meeting, so I can show it off.

Finished the arm-knitting scarf and gave it to Middlest. Littlest wants one, too. In the midst of knitting a hat with earflaps for her. Then on to a tam for Middlest, and one for me. It is a knitting frenzy!

I'm also finishing up a quilted camera case that I made from some scraps. Mercy, I'm being a busy bee.

Comment

• makes me tired just reading what you do!

I feel for you regarding your dad, hope the memories of the great times you had help ease the pain.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ditto what dm said. & I wish I had your energy.

I am sorry for the loss of your dad. I hope your good memories are a small measure of comfort to you.

Hugs!
              Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• It sounds like your dad was an awesome man - he sure did a great job with you! SOmetimes it is good to dig up some of those precious memories and relive them, even if the tears flow for a while it is so sweet too. I love the sound of all your projects! I always wanted to learn how to quilt and always wanted a homemade quilt - never have gotten around to learning though. My SIL does quite a bit of quilting but it is not really the style I like since it is all colours and designs that just do nothing for me. I mentioned that I'd love to learn but I don't think I'd be a good pupil for her. Our ideas are just planets apart. I like the old fashioned style quilts - such special memories of snuggling under old quilts that were so soft to the touch and you could just feel the history oozing off them!! Same with crocheted blankets .... the ones with the black or white border around the coloured blocks. I think I may try knitting one sometime
                Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                Primal low: 186 lbs
                Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Coll...is there a quilt shop in your area? Sometimes they offer beginner classes. I am also a quilter who loves the old fashioned quilts. I machine piece mine, but hand quilt them. If we lived closer I would teach you!! There is nothing like snuggling under a quilt, especially when you're sick...or on a cold day with a good book, a fireplace (don't have one in this house) & cup of hot tea!!

Comment

• Are you ready for some football!?

I am. Middlest seen off, sweet breads poached and being pressed in the fridge, first garden beds plotted out. Now I am ready to sit, knit, and cheer the 49ers on.

Comment

• Not a big football fan here. I'll be in my "playroom" working on some quilted letters for my little great niece who will be 2 next month.

Comment

• Sadly, all the talk of meeting up and driving in Canio's journal reminded me of my mother's refusal to add three hours of extra driving time over a TEN-Day driving trip from California to Florida so that she could see us. I managed to get over here to post it in my journal, rather than cluttering up his with downer comments, but now I am feeling grumpy.

Comment

• Mmmm, that does leave a bad taste in your mouth doesn't it! Makes one sad to feel that one is not worth the effort Hang in there and do something fun instead - refocus your attention and don't let that thought take its toll on your day and your energy!
                          Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                          Primal low: 186 lbs
                          Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                          Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                            Sadly, all the talk of meeting up and driving in Canio's journal reminded me of my mother's refusal to add three hours of extra driving time over a TEN-Day driving trip from California to Florida so that she could see us. I managed to get over here to post it in my journal, rather than cluttering up his with downer comments, but now I am feeling grumpy.
                            Sorry, that sucks. I feel for you.

It was my husband that blew my chance to meet Jon. We had set plans to meet for lunch. My husband knew about the plans and was going with me, but when I brought it up once we got to Florida, he backed out. I was (and still am) pissed.

I know that it is not quite the same as a family member not making an effort to see you.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• It is still a bummer, Pebbles.

I have put my grumpiness out of my mind. I went for a walk to Aldi, to get four pineapples, and some salmon and tilapia. The pineapples are going into the dehydrator, to make fruit snacks for school. Littlest and Middlest are IN LOVE with home-dried pineapple. AND, I got 60" of mild exercise out of the deal. Win, win.

I have a rather intimidating list of tasks to work down today:

Dishes(of course)
                              Pay a bill
                              Card to sister-in-law
                              Emails*
                              Plan a Girl Scout activity
                              Return something at the drugstore
                              Taking pictures of the garden site
                              Walk to Aldi*
                              Drano the bathtub
                              Have a bath
                              Watch an episode of Downtown Abbey (no falling behind!)
                              Pack a box for Middlest
                              Do a general tidy in the livingroom*
                              Take down the wreath on the front door*
                              Work on a paper pile
                              Pick up some Girl Scout items
                              Clear out the fridge*
                              Drop off school stuff at the school*

The starred items are already done, but I still have a boatload to do! So, what am I doing instead? Cruising MDA. Bad girl!

Well, guilt is a good motivator. I stopped after that last sentence, and took down the wreath, disposed of the materials, and put the form back in the garage.

Comment

• Which dehydrator do you have?

and Crap, I missed Downton Abbey. Anyone know where I can watch it if I didn't record it?
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X