Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
    One of my friends describes me as 'relentlessly cheerful'. I'm not sure if she means it as a compliment or not.
    This is funny, I have had people ask if I am always smiling, this even when I was going through a depression! I think it is the chipmunk cheeks that make me look happy. You, on the other hand do tend to cheer me up when I come into your journal. I think we would have fun crafting together (I would not be sewing in any way shape or form though!)
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I wish we could see Sabine's smiling face...maybe someday.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• You'll know I really feel like I have made it, if I start posting pictures on the internet!

Comment

• Numbers

Weight update:
          166.0 1/1/14
          163.0 1/2
          165.5 1/3
          162.0 1/4
          165.0 1/5
          163.0 1/6
          168.0 1/7
          162.0 1/8
          162.0 1/9

No bounce upward this morning, or should I say, rather, a drop downward from where it would ordinarily be after an Up Day, so I will take that as a hopeful sign that my period is about to arrive. It has been leisurely this month, and the chocolate cravings have been fierce!

My average last week was right back to where I was before Thanksgiving, so I feel pretty good about coming through the holidays unscathed. Honey is up ten pounds. I feel if he just does two weeks of good rotations, he'll drop it. He doesn't look any different, so I am certain it is all water weight.

I went to the gym last night! Amazing. Walked around the track for most of it (and sat for the rest). No weights, as just getting there seems a sufficient victory for one week!

Comment

• congrats on not having any residual stuff hanging around from the holidays!!! And getting right back on it, I am having a bit of a slow restart myself.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Did you know that Coll is giving it a try? She just finished her second Down Day.

Comment

• I'm on very slow start myself, but it is so very helpful to see how you are all doing. It gives me hope!
                -- Ruth

Comment

• Congrats on Coll's second down day, I am sure you are quite the inspiration, you certainly are to me!!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    You'll know I really feel like I have made it, if I start posting pictures on the internet!
                    I would love to see the fish capris!
                    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                      I would love to see the fish capris!
                      I think she's gotten too skinny to wear those.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I HAVE!

They are positively baggy now.

Off to walk to the post office and grocery store. It is a balmy 41 degrees, and I'm going to enjoy it!

Comment

• your 41 is obviously very different than our 41! It is cloudy and cold and dropping tiny little balls of ice, not quite sleet or hail but more than freezing rain. Certainly not going for a walk here.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Doctor visit

Went to the doctor. Same old, same old on the issue that is bothering me, but he called me in great concern because my cholesterol is TOO HIGH. Got to get me on meds!

Heehee.

This morning I ran my numbers through Griff's Cholesterol Primer, and figured out that my ratios are excellent.

Just as a 'polite, I'm on the phone', delaying tactic, I said I would not worry about my numbers until I had a second test in several months to compare.

He said me could let me TRY to change it by diet. Just for three months. I'm supposed to go by the office to pick up his diet sheet. Which I will, but only for laughs(I'm expecting) and because I'm going to go by to pick up a copy of my labs. If the recommendations are anything other than CW, I will be very surprised.

I expect I will send in a letter to be added to my file, stating that since my ratios are excellent according to the Mayo standards, I will forego additional testing and decline statins, thank you very much.

I was surprised by how quickly he pushed the statins, and defended them against their detractors, even though I made no comment about not wanting to take them, just the second test comment. (I DON'T want to take them, and won't, but didn't feel the need to get into it on an evening call. And, after all, he's delaying the end of his work day to call me about my results. No need to make him get into a frenzy. ) He used as one of his authorities...a recent article in the Dallas Morning News! Don't know if he thinks that is more approachable for a patient, or if he is impressed by it. (Okay, I'm being snarky. But, really!) He also made mention that he thinks most of the bad press about statins is coming from tort lawyers, looking to build a class-action suit. Um, okay, let's stick to medicine, here.

I don't know yet if the LDL was measured by Friedenwald, Iranian, or VAP. When I do, I'll throw up my numbers. Plus my blood glucose, which he mentioned was 'good' but didn't bother to give me the numbers, because, hey, got to get to that cholesterol info!

It was so typical I was amused.

Not that I have any great expectations that this doctor is au courant with cutting edge research, but if I know how to look up ratios, surely HE can stretch himself.

Regarding the gut- he was in favor of me doing more elimination diets, but didn't seem to have a lot of good info about how to go about it. Virgin Diet, here I come. He also said this is the year for me to get a colonoscopy, and I could tell the gastro-enterologist all these things, and he could give me more detailed info and advice.

I will say on his behalf, that he listened to EVERYTHING I said, and did not try to cut me off. He may have his preconceptions about cholesterol, but it was good to spill out all my concerns, and at least there was nothing so alarming in them that he is worried for any biggies. That's a mental relief.

Boy, howdy. I think I need to do some menu planning/prep work. I may also try some digestive enzymes. I am intrigued by Pebbles' description of how they work regarding the dosing. It seems very responsive to the individual, something not usually seen in dosage labels. I am heartened.
                            Last edited by Sabine; 01-10-2014, 05:31 AM. Reason: the usual!

Comment

• It was a BRISK walk. I kept up a good pace to keep warm. But by the time I got home, I was acclimatized. It felt good to be out and about.

Comment

• My doc gave me the cholesterol warning after my last bloodwork as well. That reminds me that I need to get copies of that so that I can do my ratios.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X