No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very cold here today. I'm going to stay inside as much as possible. Listening to a talk on organ meats from the Real Food Con right now. Thanks for the link, Siobhan!

Wove myself a new potholder from some wool/acrylic scraps. Not as good as all wool, but a good practice piece. And it looks great. My old potholders (woven by the kids YEARS ago) are wearing out after much use. I'm going to go through my wool scraps to make up a few.

Comment

• you are a homemaking fool, busy busy busy! Staying in sounds good today.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Thanks so much for the quick review of the UDDD thing. That was very helpful! I almost started yesterday, but lost my big girl panties somewhere and wimped out part way through the day - going to try again tomorrow
        Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
        Primal low: 186 lbs
        Current weight: 221.4 lbs
        Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• If I can get my thyroid up to par I'm going to give the UDDD another try. For now, I'm still feel under medicated and have added Iodine to my supplements. I will do so more reading on it before I dive it though. But for now I'm focusing on wholeprimal and hoping that will get my weight dropping again. Funny how we all have to do different things to find results. If wholeprimal isn't working after several months then I will try UDDD. I love how its working for you!
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion
          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Very cool on weighing less than your husband. I'm not sure I'll ever weigh less than mine

Love how well you are doing!!!
            -- Ruth

Comment

• The wool/acrylic potholder is NOT thick enough.

Comment

• Sabine, I found a great pattern on Ravelry for a double thickness crocheted potholder. If I can figure out how I will link it to you. Still learning to do things with my iPad.
                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• It is conceivable that I will eventually weigh less than my husband, especially at his high end weight, it is going to be a while though.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• That sounds like it came at the cost of burning yourself. Ouch!
                    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• I used to weight more than mine......... luckily I don't anymore! But - if he was at his ideal weight, I would right now be heavier than he. His ideal weight is around 175. Mine is around 135. That is lean for both of us. And that is my goal - and I'm hoping his also.
                      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• In which Sabine counts her blessings

Luckily I used my noggin, and put the dish down when things got warm, not waiting until it actually hurt. I'm tossing it, and considering it a practice piece for the method. Will stick with all wool from here on out.

Eating cod for my Down day today, three 4 oz servings, plus a salad at dinner time. It is going MUCH better than the day before yesterday. I think eating so much protein yesterday set me up for an easier Down Day today.

Tomorrow we are trying a recipe Littlest discovered on the internet. I think it is called Hasselback potatoes. You cut slices almost all the way through a potato, about 1/4-1/2" apart Tuck a thin pat of butter into each cut. Rub butter all over the rest of the potato. Top with cheese, cream, more cheese, and then bake.

What's not to love?!?

We are going to put it alongside steaks Honey's sister sent us for Christmas for a real meat and potatoes dinner. Plus some kale. Got to have us some kale!!

There's a strong possibility that Honey is getting me a spiral slicer! Fingers crossed. Heavy hints were laid, and I think they worked.

Had such a good time with my quilting friends on Friday. It really charged me up for sewing and knitting, and I have got a lot done on my socks-in-progress, and today I set some log cabin blocks together. I now have a chunk 2' x 8'. I might see if any of them want to come over for a casual mid-month meeting. Time with friends is a special pleasure. We should seize as much of it as is practical.

Watched Downton Abbey on Monday morning with one of my best friends. We had to pause several times to discuss. I think I like watch it on taped delay even better than live, because you don't feel bad about getting so excited you have to stop, and squee, or raise your eyebrows, or dissect.

And the football on Sunday was good, too. All in all, I've been having a great time. Started laying out the new garden beds this morning, while the dogs romped around. It was quite brisk outside, but not so bad that it was painful to be out of doors. As happened just yesterday.

Comment

• You're (usually) always so positive. Love to pop in and cheer myself up.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                            You're (usually) always so positive. Love to pop in and cheer myself up.
                            agreed!
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• One of my friends describes me as 'relentlessly cheerful'. I'm not sure if she means it as a compliment or not.

Comment

• take it as you choose!
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X