No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am on a down day today too. My dishes are not done though. There is a parade today? I take my decorations down after the 6th (the 12th day of Christmas, I was raised Catholic).
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• The Tournament of Roses Parade! We watch it every year.

Finished the knitting of the stocking cap. Now need to weave in the ends. Then I get to do basketry while watching some football.

Had some turkey broth. It was yummy. Shuttled kids around. Returned a broken gift.

Comment

• I feel like a slug, just watching football and knitting (for myself, no less). Forgot about that parade, it has been so long since I have had the control of the remote, I don't get to watch parades anymore.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Sounds like you need another TV
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• we have 3, but only one is connected to cable. One is connected to the xBox 360 and I don't know how to use that, plus it is a small screen tv. The one in the basement is connected to a dvd/vcr and only plays those, it doesn't get channels down there. Even if we had a second one tied to cable, I doubt I would go and use it anyway.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• If I were springing for luxuries, I would like to have screen-in-screen, so that Honey could surf his channels while I stayed on the one thing I was interested in. The constant flipping drives me batty.

Comment

• If I am not knitting, playing words with friends, or some such the tv drives me insane even if it is something I want to watch.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• In death ground, fight.

So, Siobhan has been putting up inspirational quotes on her journal. I love good quotes, inspirational and not. One of my favorites from The Art of War is, 'In death ground, fight.'

Well, Honey was looking for a new copy of it at Christmas time, so we were flipping through some different collections. I discovered A LOT depends on the translation. The first one I looked through, I couldn't even find it, it was presented so differently.

What I like about it, is its clear direction. When you are in a situation where there is only one thing to do to survive, do it, and put all other thoughts/possibilities out of your mind. They do not exist. Only one thing exists: the action that is possible.

I thought I should move this over to my journal, cause somehow, 'In death ground, fight' doesn't seem like it should be next to affirmation type quotes. Even though I take a positive message from it, others might not.

I wonder if this quote/direction, could be applied to health? Of course, there are usually too MANY things to do to improve your health. Must ponder.

Comment

• Great Quote. I think applying it to health depends on convincing yourself that you are on death ground and holding on to that conviction through everything.

I am more often like the proverbial frog whose bath is slowly heated until he boils alive. Yet he never tries to jump out and save himself.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I think I am like the hare, I find something get all excited, so I am go go go, then I lose steam, forget what I was doing and why, and lose the race. Trying to be more like the tortoise, slow and steady, stay focused, wins the race.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Weight update:
                        166.0 1/1/14
                        163.0 1/2
                        165.5 1/3
                        162.0 1/4

Still hoping ofr 160 after an Up Day at the end of the month, and I think I will make it.

And I did my exercise this morning!

Having a movie date with Honey today. We are going to see '47 Ronin' and then go out to lunch. Either Mexican or churrascaria. I will enjoy either one. I have a couple of chores on my to do list, but I think I might skip them and have a complete relaxation day.

Got some compliments from my friends last night, and was able to respond with a simple, 'thanks, I've been working at it.' It felt good. I was in my size 12 jeans and a fitted blouse. Since it was a Down Day, my plan was a salad and diet jello. A few chocolates and a slice of cheese slipped in there at the end, but I was still within the Down Day range. We were talking about the food I was serving, and I mentioned the soup was from an old Weight Watchers recipe I had tweaked. One of my friends asked if I had lost this weight doing WW or still low-carb. I said low-carb, but did not elaborate on the ADF. I didn't want to get into a whole weight loss talk. Just give me my compliments!!

Well, that body wrap I had was enjoyable, but I did not notice any detox effects. I think I will stick with massages for my pampering sessions. More bang for your buck.

This morning I weighed 12 pounds less than Honey(he's been slacking a little on his Down Days). I wonder when my body perception will catch up with the reality. I am now LIGHTER than he is, but I don't feel smaller than him. Now, part of that is because he is mostly muscle, and I am mostly fluff, but still, I WEIGH LESS THAN HE DOES! Bring on the 'delicate blossom' feeling!

Comment

• one of the hardest things for me to do is to not talk about my latest diet, especially when it is working well, because that is when I am really sold on this is the "way to go"! I am now learning though that everyone has their own "way to go" and I need to just keep things to myself unless asked in a private setting in which they are genuinely interested in trying for themselves.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Me, too. But I'm learning. Guess I am just a late bloomer.

Comment

• oh, I am getting better, but I am far from good at it.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Sabine, that must feel awesome right now! I think that I have a hard time with not telling people about Primal because they always ask me why I don't usually eat bread or other grain stuff. They sort of end up asking without thinking about it.
                                Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

Working...
                                X