No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up Eldest from the airport last night. It is nice to be all together. Otherwise, not much to report. I have done some work on Christmas gifts today. Starting to feel like I will get everything done in time.

Comment

• oh, good for you. I had a freak out moment this morning when I realized it is next week!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I even have some things wrapped!

Was just browsing on youtube, looking for videos of ADF. Nothing very interesting. The informational ones seemed to be mostly talking heads, and the personal experience ones are all from just a week or so in. There are two people who have posted updates after a year or more, which are good to see. There may be more of those, but I don't know how to find them.

Of course, it may just be like any diet. Lots of enthusiasm at the beginning, which then peters out.

Comment

• A Happy Post

Yesterday I was walking to the library, and enjoying how thin my legs looked and felt in my jeans.

I know plenty of people would still consider me fat, (and I am still overweight) but I am loving, loving, LOVING how I look right now. It makes me so happy to be feeling like I am a 'normal' size.

I like it socially, feeling like I am average, and not standing out because of a negative.

I like it physically. My thighs aren't always rubbing together, I fit into spaces better.

I like it visually. I look smaller. I look in proportion.

I like it while shopping. There are so many more pairs of size 12s available than size 18s!

I like it sexually. Some things are just easier. And I don't feel self-conscious. Nothing puts a damper on romance than only being able to think about some bit of fat.

I like it in a different way socially. I have always been one of the 'fat ones', in my social groups. People respond to you in a different way when you are 'normal' sized. I think my personality is changing/revealing a different facet, as people treat me differently.

I like it for my ego. I feel good that I am accomplishing this! It may be just the luck of finding the right method, but it is still an incredible boost. I feel confident and competent.

I like it!

Comment

• And now I am happy too Way to brighten up the day Sabine and yay for being happy and liking it!

Comment

• Yay!! I like the Happy Post

Comment

• Not much time for reading or responding, but your post brightened up my day.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                -- Ruth

Comment

• FANTASTIC way to show your PMA! (Positive Mental Attitude, from my old cheerleading camps)
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• What an awesome post! You made me happy too!
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Great post, Sabine! Lots of things to be happy about.
                      Primal since March 5, 2012
                      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Sabine you are awesome! You are an inspiration & such a good example. You make me want to strive to do better.

Yay for today's happy post!! I like it!!
                        Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Sabine You're so adorable. I can relate to all you say - 2 years ago I had lost 55 pounds and was looking and feeling wonderful! I'd see my image in the mirror and think........... "wow! that's really me!" and I'd look at my pants before putting them on and think......... "these are so small! I can't believe my butt fits in there!" (size 10)

You are an inspiration and we are all more likely to succeed at this because you are forging ahead and blazing a trail!

Thank you very much!
                          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion
                          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Busy, busy

I have been enjoying having the kids here. Littlest is done with her finals, so now we can all relax. Almost all the Christmas shopping is done. Tomorrow we are buying all the special food treats, and baking and decorating cookies. I made out Christmas Eve potato salad last night, so that it can 'age' for a few days. Must remember to take the turkey out of the freezer today.

Honey is STILL chopping wood in our back yard. It is going to take weeks, especially since we will be taking down more limbs, and even whole trees after Christmas. Yesterday the kids and I (with Salem along) dragged in all the branches and brush that had descended into the alley. I am amazed at the volume. Noticed that one of the trees we are removing entirely, is leaning in wonky fashion. Can't be too soon for that one, before it takes out our fence. The tip tops would land on our roof. And it would probably rip out the wires to the street light. So I am praying it stays upright until we can give it a controlled descent.

I still need to finish two of the handmade presents. The others are done, and look great.

Today will be Tidy the House Day, so that we can go into the festivities with no clutter around. I will do it between football plays.

Have a wonderful holiday, everyone. I hope to be back, on and off, but can't say for sure, as it gets so busy. I'm so glad I have you all in my life. You are a gift to me every day. Merry Christmas!

Comment

• I totally relate to your Happy Post! All that stuff is true of me also. Although I don't have a bikini body, it is so nice to just be 'normal' - nice in every possible way.
                              My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you & your family Sabine!
                                Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

Working...
                                X