No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabine are you taking in any calories or is it a total fast?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
      Heehee. I didn't know anyone was waiting for numbers.

Well, first, let me say that I am NOT doing this to hasten my weight loss. But, as everyone who is trying to lose weight knows, you still pay attention and are glad of any incidental weight decrease. It's just human nature.

Here are my numbers, from a couple of days before Thanksgiving, so you can see the trends:

166.0 11/25
      163.5 11/26
      166.0 11/27
      166.5 11/28
      169.0 11/29
      172.0 11/30
      167.5 12/1
      166.0 12/2
      164.0 12/3
      161.5 12/4
      161.0 12/5

So, I've gotten rid of all my Thanksgiving bloat, and am a couple-few pounds below my latest normal post-Down Day weight.

I am feeling very good, except for the occasional hunger pang. I think it helps that I am pretty low-carb in my normal life. There have been no sugar crashes to deal with, just the extra hunger that first day, when my body was wanting more PIE.

I'm still being nourished; my body is just taking it off my thighs.

Thanks for your interest and support, all. It is good to get on the forum and interact with people about this in a non-judgmental way. Not that anyone has been on my case about it, but I think that is because only two people know.

Okay, and here's a funny thing. I revived the 'fasting' thread when I started this. There has been almost no response (just one) and yet when I checked the views, there were more than 200 for yesterday! Yowza. So, I guess some people are interested in fasting accounts, but just not chatty about it.
      Wooooo girl! Look at those numbers! Awesome! Thanks for posting them.

I think we are mature enough and well-read enough to know what our bodies can handle and also, if whatever we are doing is temporary until we get to our goal weight, then I say we continue to go for it. Hopefully no one here will try to fit us into their boxes. We are grown women with families and responsibilities. We aren't going to risk our health.

But yeah the numbers don't lie when it comes to fasting, for 1 day or two or five. And it's actually healthy every now and then, based on every thing I've read all of my life, including CW.

I am planning a fast in 2 weeks, on a day we will be out running errands. I am not even tempted when we are out, even when DD eats something delicious and aromatic in the car. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to fast sometime between now and then, too. Maybe another 46-er.
      Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
      Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
      Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
      Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
      1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
      GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
      CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
      49 - 5'7.5"
      Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• It is a total fast: only water. I sprang for distilled water this time, as several people have recommended it(supposedly better for attracting the electrons of toxins). But no lemon juice or salt this time. Which I feel a little weird(mentally, not physically) about, but hey, it's just a trial!

Comment

• Quick check-in from the library

The storm iced us in, and shut off our power. Very cold at home (45 degrees in the house, 32 outside), so we are mostly huddlingtogether to keep warm. When we are not cutting up enormous branches and hauling them around the yard.
          Longer post when we have power at home. Everyone stay safe and warm.

Comment

• thanks for checking in, I have been thinking about you!
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Cold down here too south of you Sabine. It's in the upper 20's & misting. I'm hoping DS finds a friends couch this evening when he gets off. I don't want him driving if the roads are icy. (He's a bartender & doesn't get off till 2 am!). We haven't had the freezing rain & ice that others have had...& still have power. But you know how it is in our beloved state...the weather changes minute by minute! lol. I hope you guys can stay warm!!

I'm wondering about the fasting thing. Some of the things that I have read recently says that when you fast, the body goes into a starvation mode...& even tho one thinks that they are fasting the body takes the nourishment it needs by breaking down muscle tissue...& not the fat that some people think. I know this is a controversial subject, & was just curious what others here think. I tried fasting once before I found out about my thyroid issues, but always worried about the whole losing muscle thing...& the body's need for fuel. I guess it's like everything else...what works for one...etc....& I have not read any of the fasting thread. I was just worried for you Sabine, since you haven't eaten anything for 5 days. That's me...the worry wart! lol.

Congrats on the good numbers tho!

Warm hugs!!! 😀
              Last edited by theprimalcajun; 12-07-2013, 07:24 PM.
              Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                The storm iced us in, and shut off our power. Very cold at home (45 degrees in the house, 32 outside), so we are mostly huddlingtogether to keep warm. When we are not cutting up enormous branches and hauling them around the yard.
                Longer post when we have power at home. Everyone stay safe and warm.
                Wow! I hope the electricity in your area is restored soon! Glad you all are OK...
                Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
                Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
                Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
                Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
                1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
                GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
                CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
                49 - 5'7.5"
                Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• Glad you are doing okay. Thinking of you. Stay warm and safe!
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Sabine I am glad you have others to snuggle with in the cold! Hope your power comes on soon...
                    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                    Primal low: 186 lbs
                    Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                    Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Monday, noon. Still no power. Brrrr!

I broke my fast yesterday. It went well. I ate:

1/2 pear
                      1/2 pear
                      1/2 pear
                      12oz cod fried in ghee
                      2 slices ham, a scoop of potato casserole, a scoop of creamed spinach, a slice of cheesecake(at a party).

Embarrassed to say I did not even THINK about the virgin restrictions, I was so happy to be somewhere warm, eating good food.

Feeling fine.

Will post more when I have power again.

Comment

• I cannot believe you are still without power.

I sort of view restrictions in the exact opposite way as the virgin ones. I drop one thing at a time, if nothing changes in 3 weeks, it gets to come back in and I try something else. With supplements I try to just change one thing at a time as well, either only add or subtract one thing or changing dosage. But I don't do as well without things as you seem to.

wish there was something I could do to help out
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Ugh. No power.

How long was your fast. I lost track.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• It was eight days. I did not find it hard to do, just kind of boring at the end, when there wasn't much to do except huddle under the covers. And, I think the heat of digestion would make this no-power-cold-business easier to bear.

In any case, I plan to eat moderately for three days(did fine yesterday) and then swing back into ADF.

Comment

• Wow, I have been so wrapped up I missed your power/fast adventure! I am so glad you are okay and the fast went well!
                              My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Powered Up!

The power came on at 3:27pm yesterday!

Yay!

We went out in the yard and did a happy dance and cheers for the workers. They looked happy back at us. Bless them for working in the freezing temperatures, bringing us heat and light. Where's the folk song?

By the time we went to bed, the house was warm.

Our foam topper and foam pillows were not.

When those things get chilled, it is like they freeze, or something. I wonder how long it will be before they are back to normal? We swapped out the pillows, but we didn't have the umph to tear the bed apart. (Not that way, at least. )

On Sunday I had my first experience of 'you've lost enough'. Someone at the party commented that I had lost EVEN MORE weight, and I confirmed, and thanked her, and then she followed up with the comment that I never thought would be directed at ME: You don't need to lose any more.

Say, what!?

It is funny, too, because this being during the Great Freeze of 2013, I was bundled up. Long johns, leggings, biggest jeans. Two shirts, a vest, and a bulky sweater. (Removed the outer layers, becaue I was at someone else's house, so no shawls and jackets.)

So she must have just been going off the appearance of my face. I HAD been fasting for eight days(didn't mention that to the party) so maybe all my face fat had evacuated. I looked the same to myself, though.

I mentioned that I was going to 'pause' for three months when I got to my goal, before deciding if I would go lower, but that I wasn't there yet. This led to a whole discussion of what was considered normal weight.

It will be interesting to see if there are any similar remarks from my group of friends this coming Friday, when I'll be wearing sleek clothes, and feeling sassy and warm, but will also have been eating again for a week, and presumably replaced my face fat.

Comment

Working...
                                X