Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
    the logic is reasonable, except for me I was a stay at home mom, and I don't remember finishing as many projects (well, maybe), and I only work 25 hours a week, and my kids are gone, I really need to get my bum in gear! I plan to start using my new day off (Thursday) to do all the errands and housework, and use my 3 days in a row for projects, once the new year gets here. Then I can compete with Sabine
    And I will be thoroughly jealous of you as well. I don't get anywhere near enough time at home with a full time work schedule and a 1 hour commute each way (gone from home for approximately 11 hours). It really sucks. I wish we weren't so bad off financially (it's of our own doing - we just need to fix it) so I could take a different job with different hours - or a different job closer to home that doesn't necessarily have to pay as much as this one does. Woulda, coulda, shoulda is what it boils down to.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Sabine, your review got through and thanks so much for your positive words Very kind!
      Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
      Primal low: 186 lbs
      Current weight: 221.4 lbs
      Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
        And I will be thoroughly jealous of you as well. I don't get anywhere near enough time at home with a full time work schedule and a 1 hour commute each way (gone from home for approximately 11 hours). It really sucks. I wish we weren't so bad off financially (it's of our own doing - we just need to fix it) so I could take a different job with different hours - or a different job closer to home that doesn't necessarily have to pay as much as this one does. Woulda, coulda, shoulda is what it boils down to.
        I readily admit I live a charmed life. DH has a CPA so very little chance that we won't make the most of what we make. I was also able to convince him when I got pregnant that we would actually be better off (both from a financial standpoint and a stress level standpoint) if I was a stay at home. The agreement was I would go back to work when the kids got older and my salary would pay for their college. Since the economy tanked just as I started looking I am particularly lucky that my children not only chose to go to a state school, but they also got very handsome scholarships, so my part time work ends up pretty easily covering costs. Had that not been the case, I would have had to get another job, or live with a husband who bitched constantly.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
          ...Then I can compete with Sabine
          It's a homemaker throwdown!

Coll, I'm glad it went through. Sometimes the pages just leave you hanging, and you aren't sure if what was supposed to happen, did. I love my owl. It had an adventure the other day, and went through the washer and dryer. Still looks great!

Remember my New Year's Resolution of a project per day, six days a week? Well, it didn't make it past February, but I have got a lot done this year. I should tally up before the end of the year.

I would be very sad to have to give up eggs and dairy(in particular) permanently, but I can definitely give it a three week trial. And then switch to pastured eggs. Maybe I should try raw milk when I start up again. We are lucky enough to have that available to us. I'm afraid that i could never go back, though, and that could get expensive. Honey, Middlest, and Littlest are all big milk drinkers. Hmmm, wonder what a gallon of it runs?...

...$9.00 per gallon. So, a little over 1 1/2 times the cost. Not TOO bad. But what if it tastes so good they drink even MORE?! Guess I'll just have to risk it someday.

I was at the bookstore the other day and took a look at J.J.Virgin's book. Might be worth buying someday, for the recipes, but a quick perusal didn't show me anything more than the 'avoid these 7 things' list. I don't need her science bits, as I understand where she is coming from from her talk.

Comment

• DS could not stand the taste of the raw, of course he is not a big milk drinker either, but my experience is that milk drinkers like the one they drink and don't like changes (ie. from whole to skim or even vice versa).

and I thought I was ambitious going for one project a week!
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ugh!

I was brushing my tongue, went too far(I have a sensitive gag reflex), and almost threw up in the sink. I feel shaky. I hate throwing up. Must be more careful with tongue cleansing.

Comment

• I did the oil pull when I got home today, it went fine, but I used a scant tsp of the coconut oil, and I just rinsed afterward. Dang if you got yourself going now when you haven't eaten you would end up with dry heaves wouldn't you?
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• I thought 21 days wasn't any big deal until I started the Virgin diet. FOUR days in and I was really tired of eating ground beef or chicken breast for breakfast. I know there are more options - but I like to keep things simple. I really like having eggs for breakfast. I think all the other things I can easily avoid - but the eggs is a tough one.

I hope you can do it better than me! I'm sure you will cuz you are so extremely disciplined with food. I love that you can go 4 days without eating......... that boggles my mind.
                  1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion
                  9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Heehee. And here I was thinking I was making it easier on myself by counting the fasting as the 'start' of the 21 days...because 21 days is too hard!

I get very cranky when I have to restrict myself. The fasting is easier because it fits into an 'all or nothing' mentality for me. Weird, but I'll take it.

Ugh, dry heaves. That would have been ghastly!

Comment

• Yes - I tend to be an all or nothing thinker as well. If I'm going to do something I want to be PERFECT at it! and that NEVER seems to happen. So I keep spinning my wheels. I feel like I'm in a good place right now....... I'm finding my sweet spot, but its taking me a couple years to get here. I think the fodmaps diet is going to be my saving grace - but that could be just wishful thinking too. when I get the results of the FrucMal breath test I will know for sure if I'm on the right path. I'm crossing my fingers on this one.

You're doing so well at seeing the scales going down - the UDDD diet seems to be a really good place for you. With my hypothyroidism I don't want to try the IF or the VLC again.

What are these pains you are having??? I know they've been going on a long time but I've not seen details - type, location.... I'm just curious.

At least you had 2 months of daily project completion - that better than most people can claim.
                      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion
                      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Hi Sabine. Are you done with your fast or is today the last day? I've lost track. lol

Comment

• I've done five days. I'm considering whether to go longer. Slight change in the symptoms(don't want to 'jinx' it) makes me inclined to keep going. Any hunger is very manageable. It is mostly a mental desire to eat.

It always goes by quicker for the observers than the participants!

Woke up early this morning (4 am) after only 7 hours of sleep. Kind of unusual, but I felt alert. I am open to taking a nap this afternoon if I need to.

Comment

• Hurry up and weigh, will ya?

And PS: If I fast for more than 46 hours, I get that weak, faint feeling. My hat's off to you for fasting as long as you do.
                            Last edited by MsSmith; 12-05-2013, 09:23 AM.
                            Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
                            Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
                            Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
                            Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
                            1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
                            GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
                            CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
                            49 - 5'7.5"
                            Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• Wow... I can't believe how long you can go without food. I always thought food was essential for life. I guess it's not essential for yours.

Great job! You have amazing discipline and determination.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsSmith View Post
                                Hurry up and weigh, will ya?

And PS: If I fast for more than 46 hours, I get that weak, faint feeling. My hat's off to you for fasting as long as you do.
                                Heehee. I didn't know anyone was waiting for numbers.

Well, first, let me say that I am NOT doing this to hasten my weight loss. But, as everyone who is trying to lose weight knows, you still pay attention and are glad of any incidental weight decrease. It's just human nature.

Here are my numbers, from a couple of days before Thanksgiving, so you can see the trends:

166.0 11/25
                                163.5 11/26
                                166.0 11/27
                                166.5 11/28
                                169.0 11/29
                                172.0 11/30
                                167.5 12/1
                                166.0 12/2
                                164.0 12/3
                                161.5 12/4
                                161.0 12/5

So, I've gotten rid of all my Thanksgiving bloat, and am a couple-few pounds below my latest normal post-Down Day weight.

I am feeling very good, except for the occasional hunger pang. I think it helps that I am pretty low-carb in my normal life. There have been no sugar crashes to deal with, just the extra hunger that first day, when my body was wanting more PIE.

Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                                Wow... I can't believe how long you can go without food. I always thought food was essential for life. I guess it's not essential for yours.

I'm still being nourished; my body is just taking it off my thighs.

Thanks for your interest and support, all. It is good to get on the forum and interact with people about this in a non-judgmental way. Not that anyone has been on my case about it, but I think that is because only two people know.

Okay, and here's a funny thing. I revived the 'fasting' thread when I started this. There has been almost no response (just one) and yet when I checked the views, there were more than 200 for yesterday! Yowza. So, I guess some people are interested in fasting accounts, but just not chatty about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X